Miranda IM - Skins & Icons

wtfla5.jpg

Okay, why are there those icons to the right of every person on my list?

Also, where it says AIM Online and MSN Online, how can I get rid of that?

Mmkay fixed the icon problem, still have the AIM Online and MSN Online there though.

• 3 weeks later...

wtfla5.jpg

Okay, why are there those icons to the right of every person on my list?

Also, where it says AIM Online and MSN Online, how can I get rid of that?

Mmkay fixed the icon problem, still have the AIM Online and MSN Online there though.

how did remove the icons on the right?, its the only thing keeping me from using this.

how did remove the icons on the right?, its the only thing keeping me from using this.

Then the only thing that's keeping you from using it is having a good explore around the menu options!

I must admit, I know next to nothing about Miranda, but this fantastic guide has persuaded me to find out more. Playing around with some options, I've found that, in order to remove the right hand side icons, you need to do the following:

Selection Options > Contact List > Row Items . Then, select Extra Icons. Remove the ticks from Protocol and Client to get rid of the two most common icons (the repeat of the protocal 'flower' for icq, for example, and the version of the IM program.)

If you have lots of other icons turning up (for SMS mode, etc.) then turn the rest of those ones off as well. i see in your screenshot some people have the email icon, as set in MSN - just untick email.

Hope that works for you!

J.

Great guide! But i can't change my skin, the only category that is shown (under customize) is icons. I downloaded latest version and followed the guide but that didn't work, really want to use that skin. Anyone know whats wrong? Should i use an older version?

Great guide! But i can't change my skin, the only category that is shown (under customize) is icons. I downloaded latest version and followed the guide but that didn't work, really want to use that skin. Anyone know whats wrong? Should i use an older version?

You have to use Miranda IM 0.4.0.3 and not 0.5.

I updated the first page with a download link for Miranda IM 0.4.0.3.

You have to use Miranda IM 0.4.0.3 and not 0.5.

I updated the first page with a download link for Miranda IM 0.4.0.3.

Thought so, thanks for the link.

Cant believe i've used MSN this long, Miranda is far better.

Just wondering what happened:

mirandagoneweird4vi.png

Any ideas? :s

edit: Scratch that, contact list won't even open now :s :s :s Help!!

Im having the same problem, no contacts are showing, how did you fix it?

Just resizing the window helped.

Edited by Crenshaw

I keep having problems with the skin, i can see my contacts, but i can't click on them. Also when loading icon sets, there is only one icon showing, is that right?

Sorry for complaining all the time. :)

• 3 months later...

Sorry that I never really came around to do a a guide on how to skin the chat window. I lost my Miranda IM files during a format cause I forgot to nack it up. So I'd have to do it from scratch and I don't feel like doing it atm.

• 1 month later...

Great guide, I hope you get time to do the message windows. :)

edit: One thing, is there a way to make the contact list show up on my taskbar, instead of just in the tray?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Same problem as you. My contact list wont show. What did you do to fix it?

AA: sorry for my english.

Look if you disabled some layers...

for those peoples than just dont wanna be complicated configuring Miranda.

www.miranda-pack.com

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...