Kobe!

Correct me if I wrong, but he had a 60 point performance just a month or two ago, right?

Yes he did. He is the only player since Jordan to post two 60-point games in a season. If I'm not mistaken, he had 61 points in that game.

Please tell me that's just flame bait.

The never passing argument is old and overblown.

Kobe's amazing, plain and simple. You'd keep the ball too when Lamar Odom's brain is stuck in neutral.

Please tell me that's just flame bait.

The never passing argument is old and overblown.

Kobe's amazing, plain and simple. You'd keep the ball too when Lamar Odom's brain is stuck in neutral.

Or you could chill and realize it's a joke. Relax dude, there's more to life than the interweb.

Correct me if I wrong, but he had a 60 point performance just a month or two ago, right?

Yes he did. He is the only player since Jordan to post two 60-point games in a season. If I'm not mistaken, he had 61 points in that game.

Yea he did, but he didn't play the whole 4th quarter because the score was already out of hand, I'm not a Kobe fan either, but 81 is impressive

I guess that's what happens when you never pass the ball.

lol. wave.

It reminds me of a comedian talking about the other 4 players on Wilt Chamberlian's 100pt game.

"yo. uh, Wilt. I was open on that last play, u know."

"Hey big guy, did you miss Billy on that last play? Saying "I'm open. There is no one here. All by myself"

<EDIT> haha, i just looked at the box score. 81 pts || 2 assists. :) </EDIT>

I dont like Kobe and I hate when people compare him to Michael Jordan. Jordan did A LOT more than just score.

But wow 81 point thats a great performance.

Wave' date='Jan 23 2006, 05:37' post='587102518']

I guess that's what happens when you never pass the ball.

exactly. thank you. Kobe is overrated. I bet his teammates hate him.

Jordans teammates were not to happy either. It took a few years before Jordan slowed down and finally became a team player. But then again Jordan also had a better team when that happend.

Replace any other superstar in the league with Kobe right now and see how many games they win, I really doubt they would be over .500

I'm a hardcore Laker fan - since I was 4 in 1984 - and this still blows me away. Dude's the most talented player in the league right now by FAR.

I disagree. Iverson no matter what will always be for me the most talented player in the NBA. But of course thats opinion.

Selfish or not, scoring 81 points in a professional Basketball game is impressive. If the lakers make the playoff this year, Kobe will have my vote, by far, for MVP.

81 should be the new 100 becuase in Wilt's time the quality of player wasn't even close to those of today.

^Yep.

I don't remember what they said on ESPN exactly but they said something like 50 different times this season, an entire NBA didn't even score 81...

Edited by dj6ross

i love the 2 assists part. makes me laugh.

who was guarding him? was anyone guarding him?

why not just put 4 guys on him, and let everyone else score.

Too bad he wasn't playing the 1988-1990 Detroit Pistons. Laimbeer or Rodman would have put that fool on his ass more than a few times. This is what drives me nuts about the NBA today: there's no heart. If I'm on the Raptors, I'm going to do everything in my power to keep him from shooting and then some. But this is exactly what the NBA wants, some guy going off for 81 points for a 7th place playoff team to sell jerseys and other merchandise while ignoring the actual players who make their teams contenders (see: Steve Nash).

I take nothing away from Kobe's game, the guy was sick with it last night. But...

1) it was against the Raptors

2) he got to the line 20 times

3) it was against the Raptors

4) it was a meaningless regular-season game (see: Jordan's 63 vs. Celtics)

5) it was against the Raptors

But whatever. Three more rings to go.