Any jobs for 13 year olds

I'm thirteen and really need some extra cash. I have put my name down for a paper round but I just wanted to know if there were any other jobs for people my age.

Paper route is the best. Easy money, you get exercise.

In the mean time, work on your skill sets. Learn software, master it, trust me, it will help when you hit the age when all your friends are working on Burgerking, and your pulling in good money and doing what you love.

it happens. happened to me

Other things to try:

Yard work.

snow shoveling

grass cutting

walking dogs.

Small biz basic work, like vacuuming, etc. My first job was vacuuming a doctors office. Paid $2 an hour, under the table. :)

Also, if you are interested in software development, get started NOW! BrotherRabbit is correct. The earlier the better.

You should be enjoying your life at 13, not working. Its not as easy as you might think. As for cash, ask your parents to raise your allowance. Don't get a job. You'll hate having to commit to the same thing everyday.

i like the fact that your egar for work... the earlier to more you understand about work and the more professional you look to an employer when you have an understanding on the basic work ethic.. etc... as i get back to the topic... i don't know what country you in but you have to be close to 15 to get proper work...

Does someone in your family own their own buisness or have a position you can fill just to get a feel for how a job is... if not see if your mum & dad will pay you to do house work like mow the lawn.. clean the pool... wash-up... do washing...

But has sphinx said you should also be enjoying yourself... if your like most of us you will be working for the next 50 years...

low

Clean computers, tell people that best buy wont even look at it for less than 100, then charge em 50. Thats what i do, made 350 already, it really does work.

shifty :laugh:

you should be warned selling durg is not for anyone.

lighten up. its a joke.

FYI: The drug selling/organ donating/male prostetution comments aren't funny... I'm willing to bet anyone who made one isn't a parent.

great deduction sherlock. and for your information i don't find you funny either.

Work at a supermarket. That is what I did at age 14.

You will do stuff like stock shelves, bag grocheries, etc. I was actually semi-lucky and worked in the deli at the supermarket. I found it more fun then stocking shelves and more interesting (you dealt with customers all the time and got to know some pretty well).

The pay sucks (minimum wage), but at your age, you probably won't find anything better unless you have a real good paper route. The hours are generally good and flexible as well.

I worked a good 20 or so hours a week in my first job. I remember the time I got my first $100 paycheck. I thought I could buy anything.

go door to door and offer the people to shovel, wash cars, work around the house, etc. it's kinda hard at the age of 13, not many people would be ready to give it a shot with someone your age unless they already know you well!

go to your local library. They are always looking for pages. What is a page? they are the 11-18yr old youth that put books away You have to know/learn the Duey Decimal System (very earsy to lear, if you can count from 1-10000) ... but you will also get to know quite a few "good" books and learn a bit while you work.