Nintendo DS System Variants

The Nintendo DS has been released in many different colours, with many special editions and many bundles - it?s hard to keep up with them all. The BGB InfoBank has been over the internet trying to find information and images of every single official DS version? so here we goStandard Colours - America

standard_america.png

The Nintendo DS was released in America with one colour in November 2004, Titanium. In June 2005 they released a new colour, Electric Blue. The system originally came with a copy of Super Mario 64 DStandard Colours - Japan

standard_japan.png

Like in America, the DS only was in Titanium at its December 2004 release. Graphite Black and Pure White were later released on March 24th. Soon after, to launch with Nintendogs, Turquoise Blue and Candy Pink were released on April 21sStandard Colours - Europe

standard_europe.png

The DS was also only in Titanium when it was released in Europe in March 2005. On October 7th, to coincide with the launch of Nintendogs (and bundles of the game) Pink and Blue systems were released. However, popularity of Nintendogs drove to shortages of the new colourStandard Colours - Australia

standard_australia.png

Australia?s launch of the DS also only was with the one colour, Titanium. Mystic Pink and Cosmic Blue were later released September 2005 with the release of NintendSpecial Editions - Japanan

special_japan_hotsummer.png

The Hot Summer DS series consisted of:

Hot Summer Contest - Mario White

Hot Summer Contest - Bowser Black

Hot Summer Contest - Peach Pink

Hot Summer Contest - Yoshi Blue

Hot Summer Contest - Wario Silver

These were prizes in for a competition held by Nintendo in Japan.

special_japan.png

In image order:

Toys ?R? Us Gold: This special edition of the Nintendo DS is sold exclusively in Toys ?R? Us stores in Japan.

Mew: A slightly different tint of Pink, this limited edition version features Mew on the front of the system and next to the top screen.

PokePark Blue: This system is avaliable only in the PokePark in Japan, and in Walmart in the USA. It features the PokePark logo on the top and Pikachu inside the system.

Pepsi Blue: Only 1000 of these light blue DSes were made, and were given away in a promotion in Japan. Other custom DS accessories were prizes, and two are shown in the Special Editions - America - America

special_america_pokepark.png

PokePark Blue was made for the PokePark in Japan, but later was made available in USA WalCustom Systemsom Systems

custom_electroplankton.png

There are only 11 custom Electroplankton DS systems. One belongs to the games creator, and the other ten were won by visitors to the Electroplankton exibition in Japan.

custom_celeb.png

3 custom made Nintendo DS systems were auctioned off at the Sundance Film Festival. The DSes were won by Alan Cumming, Poppy Montgomery and Jay Mohr.

custom_50cent.png

Rapper 50 Cent ordered a custom DS from Nintendo, with a khaki camouflage design and G-Unit written on the front.

custom_glitter.png

These DSes are only available at the Nintendo World store in New York, featuring a glitter design.

50 special white DSes were created for the release of ?Bleach DS: Souten ni Kakeru Unmei?. Sega gave these away in a competition to coincide with Promotional Bundles - Japanundles - Japan

bundle_japan_jump.png

A Red DS was released in Japan in a bundle with the fighting game Promotional Bundles - Americadles - America

bundle_america_mario64.png

When the Electric Blue DS was first released in America it also contained a copy of Super Mario 64 DS.

bundle_america_nintendogs.png

Teal and Pink versions of the DS were in special bundles, featuring a 4th version of Nintendogs with the most popular breeds from the other 3 versions as the starting breeds.

bundle_america_mariokart.png

A Mario Kart Red Hot Bundle contained Mario Kart DS, a Red DS system, special decals for the system and a spePromotional Bundles - Europendles - Europe

bundle_europe_vip.png

Before the DS was released in Europe, a limited number of ?VIP Pak? systems were given away. How they were given away varied in each country, but in the UK they were in the Stars Catalouge (but also involved a payment in pounds sterling). It contained a DS, the Metroid Prime Hunters First Hunt demo, a Wario Ware demo and an American version of Super Mario 64 DS.

bundle_europe_nintendogs.png

There were two Nintendogs bundles in Europe:

Pink Nintendogs: Dachshund and Friends Pak

Blue Nintendogs: Labrador and Friends Pak

Both of these bundles had a very high demand for them and quickly sold out.

bundle_europe_mariokartds.png

For the release of Mario Kart DS, a special bundle pak of the game was released. This contained a Titanium DS and the game. It contained no extras liPromotional Bundles - Australiaundles - Australia

bundle_australia_mariokartds.png

A bundle containing Mario Kart DS and a Titanium DS was launched along with the game seperatly. Like the European Mario Kart DS bundle, this was only worth it for being lower price than buying the game andSource:tly.

Source: British Gaming Blog

Nice compilation. I was thinking about getting that pink one imported for my girlfriend (she thinks it's so cute). Then, I saw that pink one bundled with Nintendogs. Anyone know if the game is language intensive? She doesn't speak a word of Japanese, so if it does require a lot of Japanese reading (or speaking, since I think there are commands you can tell the dogs), I'll just pick up the standalone pink version.

Heh I knew there was a few different versions, but I never knew that many lol. Great post :)

Better add DS Lite to it though :p

ya huh! :D :rofl: :woot: deffo gettin me self one of those

• 4 weeks later...

Nice compilation. I was thinking about getting that pink one imported for my girlfriend (she thinks it's so cute). Then, I saw that pink one bundled with Nintendogs. Anyone know if the game is language intensive? She doesn't speak a word of Japanese, so if it does require a lot of Japanese reading (or speaking, since I think there are commands you can tell the dogs), I'll just pick up the standalone pink version.

Nintendogs isn't text-heavy, but the text there is is definately important, I wouldn't go for the Japanese version unless you can read Japanese. If you wanted a special bundle, you could try and track down the European Pink DS+Nintendogs bundle... but I think it's quite hard to find now.

• 4 weeks later...

You also forgot the new one that sega is sponsering:

Sega is currently holding a contest whose prize is a white DS with a skin of Doraemon on the front.

Don't know how you'll get a pic of that, & how come no pics of the Bleach ones from the contest?

Also, if you do happen to find the Doraemon DS please let me know how, if any way even possible, to get one. I can't seem to find the contest anywere.

• 2 months later...