February (2006) Workstations

My desk and stuff whoo! :laugh: post-144228-1140716557_thumb.jpg

Wow you're the first person ive ever seen/heard of with the same speakers as me :D and i got my desk from Argos a while ago too!

:yes: yes u have havnt you, maby when u came to my house? hmm yeah might be that :p

nice, good sound arnt they, i want 5.1 one's next though. :)

Yep, and im just using onboard sound, and I dont think i will ever buy a soundcard or a new speaker package (unless they eventually break or something) even if i buy a new computer cos these are just fine.

anyway heres my desk

s37000023rv.th.jpg

Have just realised my calendar (which i sit in front of every day for at least 3 hours) has been on january for 23 days too long lol

s37000037fs.th.jpg

I like your setup. Is your tower inside that compartment in the bottom far left? If so, do you have any problems with the temps?

temps are about the same, I have the whole back off of the tower cupboard so there is no hot air build-up.

damn, that benq 20" looks so much better than the dell 2005fpw :|

I love my new BenQ, I now have my 17" BenQ setup next to the 20", might be temporary, might be permanent.

I love my new BenQ, I now have my 17" BenQ setup next to the 20", might be temporary, might be permanent.

id like to put a benq 20" and a 2005fpw side by side, i want to see which screen is better

if the benq has a better screen well then 2005fpw just doesnt have a market anymore :rofl:

id like to put a benq 20" and a 2005fpw side by side, i want to see which screen is better

if the benq has a better screen well then 2005fpw just doesnt have a market anymore :rofl:

of course, my vote would go to BenQ. I love their LCD's, I wouldn't switch if someone paid me. Ok, maybe I'd switch if someone paid me, but it'd take a ton of money.

of course, my vote would go to BenQ. I love their LCD's, I wouldn't switch if someone paid me. Ok, maybe I'd switch if someone paid me, but it'd take a ton of money.

Hey, your loss.

_--boocher

On thw whole I think you will find that the Dell 2005 fpw is actually a Benq Panel :)

And the 2405fpw is a samsung panel.

The 2005fpw has a LG panel, but the monitor is built by benq.

Haven't posted one of these in awhile, but I made some changes and recently did a rewiring job with tons of zip ties -- no wires on the floor!

On the left is my 700m, then my main workstation on the dual 19" LCDs. Both of those are running Linux. There's also a secondary Windows box you can see way to the right in the third shot, that's connected to the secondary input on the right hand side montior. The glow under the monitor platform is coming from Cold Cathode lights that I made an AC adapter for.

Sorry that the shots aren't all the great, my digicam is almost five years old and I was taking shots without the flash.

1_thumb.jpg

Click for full size

2_thumb.jpg

Click for full size

3_thumb.jpg

Click for full size

Where did you get that background? I got dual 2005FPW's and am looking for a nice spread.

Where did you get that background? I got dual 2005FPW's and am looking for a nice spread.

I think I found it on DeviantArt (recently, I think it's fairly new), and then I flipped it horizontally. I go around the web about once a month and look for new dual-screen backgrounds. I have almost 200.