buying digital camera.

i am looking to buy a digital camera. im looking to spend a maximum of 600$ CAD, but the cheaper the better.

i have been looking at the Canon A620. its kinda large but im looking for something smaller.

i would like it to be compact, but any size is ok with me, with atleast 5mp and a good picture.

any suggestions?

well i am looking to buy it this weekend, so that wont work :/

Do you have to have it by this weekend or just want to order it by this weekend?

If you just need to order it by this weekend, then I would probably look @ Amazon or something. They usually have the best prices and free s/h...also, if they lower the price anytime in the following 45 days, just call them and tell them and they will credit you the difference to your credit card. They are very good and easy to deal with.

I got the SD400 last week for $300 (Canadian funds of course) pretty sweet deal for a small lightweight 5mp camera

If your going to get that A620 don't get it from futureshop do this .. this how I scored a sweet deal on my camera, except the prince differnce was larger so the savings were more and I had 2 different $20 off coupon codes:

Staples: $549.74

Futureshop: $499.99

Difference = $49.75 (Staples has a policy in which they won't be beat, so match the price and 10% of the difference .. check around for better deals elsewhere and match it)

x10% = $4.97

Staples New Price: $495.02

Apply the following codes during check out: 83278 & 60652

(Those are $20 off $200 coupon and one $30 off $200 coupon)

New Total: $445.02

I dont have the coupon code for $20 off $100 purchase otherwise I'd recommend you purchase another $5 item and then add the coupon code for another $20 off, also its next day shipping my camera arrived the following morning enjoy :D

Edited by IndoShindo

^^"but any size is ok with me" ;)

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Canon-PowerShot-S80-8-0...0QQcmdZViewItem

Try to stay away from the Canon A series. They add bulk without giving you much in return.

The Canon A series has some of the best features for the best price. I would jump on a Canon A610 or A620. They have some really great manual features/take great pictures/and have the Digic II engine as found in the higher end DSLR's. Compared to other point and shoot cameras ( I looked at most major brand names ) nothing really comes close to what the Canon A's have to offer for the price. If you want something smaller, and with less megapixels (4) get the A520. It's what I have and works good... but ya the A610 and 620 are very powerful. They are like the professional Canon G series but cheaper.

I can't stand those little tiny digital cameras. They are all automatic and have little user control... too small for big hands! I would go with a more professional point and shoot. If you are getting a DSLR or something more higher end, you can then have a tiny camera for point and shoot. But if it's the only camera you'll have, get something more middle of the road. Comparing the A620 to a Coolpix S3 and then debating between the two is a bit out of the ordinary as they are totally different camera's. One is semi-professional, just below a DSLR, and the other is a casual soccer mom/asian exchange student type of a camera meant for people who like little things that don't do much.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16830144038

This is the camera that i have.

Its a samsung digimax i5

5MP and 32mb internal memory

uses sd cards and its the best very very compact camera that i've used.

Its smaller than a deck of cards

also the lcd screen is HUGE on this 2 inches

also takes pretty nice video for a camera

a good choice