Official 2006 F1 Season Discussion

Not very happy that Massa won. I would of preferred it that Ayrton Senna was the last Brazillian driver to win that Grand Prix, such the legend that he was. Anyway, it was a nice way for Schumacher to bow out, he gave the Championship a go anyway. He will be known as one of the greatest Formula 1 drivers ever, but not the greatest ;).

Not very happy that Massa won. I would of preferred it that Ayrton Senna was the last Brazillian driver to win that Grand Prix, such the legend that he was. Anyway, it was a nice way for Schumacher to bow out, he gave the Championship a go anyway. He will be known as one of the greatest Formula 1 drivers ever, but not the greatest ;).

Whose the greatest in your view?

He will be known as one of the greatest Formula 1 drivers ever, but not the greatest ;).

I agree. Jackie Stewart made a good point; Schumacher is the greatest in this era, and the greatest statistically. Out of all time, no way. Schumachers driving style is such, that he often tries something new and brave and will make a mistake in doing so. Today, he made 2 or 3. In previous eras, he would have lost a wheel or something, because the barriers were closer to the track, and the cars less "solid".

wait for massa to step out of michaels shadow.

raikonen is not supposed to be the first-driver once hes on a ferrari, so both will have to proove what they can. and i think massa will.. lets sey attract some peoples attention. :)

the greatest in my view are jacky ickx, emerson fittipaldi, ayrton senna of course and michael schumacher, who is one of the greatest drivers, you MUST admit that, although youre not a fanboy.

imo kimi > massa

yeah of course kimi is a great racer but massa always just was the second one in line. now that michael is gone the cards need to be mixed up new.

we will see. :)

I tihnk both will be first drivers at Ferrari and De La Rosa might just be first driver at Mclaren!

Surely Alonso would be the number one driver at McLaren :p? It would make sense ;).

Anyway I heard rumours that it will be Alonso and Hamilton at McLaren next season.

Surely Alonso would be the number one driver at McLaren :p? It would make sense ;).

Anyway I heard rumours that it will be Alonso and Hamilton at McLaren next season.

I'm pretty sure myself that it will be Alonso and Hamilton (from his performance in GP2, it would be worth the gamble).

I'd like to think that Ferrari would treat Raikonnen and Massa as equals, but the team are already making comments that indicate otherwise. We'll just have to wait and see.

I think that both Alonso and Raikonnen will struggle to win a championship. For the past few years, there haven't been many drivers with a package (driver and car) capable of winning races and championships (just Alonso, Raikonnen and Schumacher really). In the next few years, there are alot of good drivers coming up from the lower formulas, existing drivers who should have the right package soon and more teams that seem to be capable of building a race winning car (Ferrari, Renault, McLaren, BMW, Honda, RBR? - depending on how fantastic Neweys design is).

I think the next few years will be much more exciting, and a few new rivalries will be born.

I think next season will be fantastic.

I'm really looking forward to Ferrari and McLaren as normal.

Tell you the the truth i think McLaren hopefully will have a good enough set up for Alonso, as we have seen it's not been the greatest car for Kimi.

Also I think Kimi will do fantastic at Ferrari. He is a great driver and him and massa i feel they will just own

3 drivers...and the race's result meant a lot to them. No words can describe their feelings really.

Felipe Massa: Winning infront of his supporters at Brazil wearing the Brazilian colors on his overall. He started from pole...drove well...drove the second fastest lap...didn't put a foot wrong during the whole weekend. A fantastic emotional win for Felipe.

Fernando Alonso: Winning his second consecutive championship...and helping Renault to win their's too. A good drive to finish second. Although the championship was all but his in the last race's engine failure for Michael Schumacher...but the constructors title was still to play for...and he did a good job with it.

Michael Schumacher: Well this guy did all he could this season...its just that luck didn't allow him to win the title. It was even steven before the last race...and that engine failure meant that the title was virtually Alonso's. So Michael had to race his final race of his glittering career for Ferrari. And then again lucks decides to play with him. He had fuel problems in qualifying...started from 10th place...has a type problem on the ninth lap...gets demoted to the last place on the gird...fights back...clocks the fastest lap...overtakes Fisichella and Raikkonen and ends up 4th. Now what could you ask from him. I mean this is fantastic. A See-Saw race for Michael. He did all he could to fight...but it couldn't help. He once again showed us what we call "Michael Magic" in the last race of his career. It was really a drive of grit and determination which saw him nearly close to the podium from the last place. He really is special...and what a way to end the race...he clocks the fastest lap of the race in the final lap!!! Talk about commitment till the end...he really put his 100% and now he's going to be away from the sport...leaving behind 16 illustrious years behind him...leaving behind the memories...the good the bad...the joy and jubilation...the tears and humiliation...whatever you may call it...but he gave us what no one ever did...the Michael Magic. Farewell Michael we will miss you.

And BTW Takuma Sato finished 10th!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink: :blink: :blink:

Takuma Sato finished 10th was a big surprise lol. He is a good drvier and I can see Super Aguri getting atleast 1 point next seaosn.

2007 is going to be a really interesting season without Micheal Schumacher. Hopefully Ralf can do something!@