Official 2006 F1 Season Discussion

now that i have the speed channel, maybe i will get to watch some of these races!

I worked nights during the summer and it was great coming home to watch the race in like China or other places live as I got home at midnight. And usually I would catch the re-run of the race, or not go to sleep and just watch as much as I could when the races would start at 6 am.

With technical staff leaving the team and Mercedes once again failing to deliver a competitive engine, Maclaren is pretty much screwed. Luckily for them Super Aguri is joining the battle this season so they have at least one team to compete against on even ground.

Alonso must be examining the Maclaren deal with a microscope - desperately hoping to find a way out.

At least it will be interesting to see how Kimi fares with a horrible car.

Being 'Tifosi' I hope Ferrari win the constructors title. But as a fan of Formula 1 itself I hope it isn't a total whitewash. As long as they win over half the races to be able to win the title. We need the other teams to swap and change wins so as to make it interesting to the non 'Tifosi'

With technical staff leaving the team and Mercedes once again failing to deliver a competitive engine, Maclaren is pretty much screwed. Luckily for them Super Aguri is joining the battle this season so they have at least one team to compete against on even ground.

Alonso must be examining the Maclaren deal with a microscope - desperately hoping to find a way out.

I think McLaren will be ok. They'll have a few tricks up their sleeve no doubt ;)

Belgian GP is off - FIA

08 February 2006

The Belgian Grand Prix is officially off the 2006 F1 World Championship calendar, the FIA announced on this afternoon. The race had been in doubt for some time, most recently when Belgian officials said negotiations for a deal had broken down, but official confirmation from F1's governing body came today.

The Belgian Grand Prix had been scheduled for 17 September but a statement issued by the FIA this afternoon explained, "The Belgian National Sporting Authority, the RACB, has written to notify the FIA of the withdrawal of the 2006 Belgian Grand Prix from the FIA Formula One World Championship. The withdrawal has been made in order to allow the completion of extensive improvement work to facilities at the Spa-Francorchamps circuit."

The statement added that the Belgian Grand Prix could return to the calendar in 2007.

Source

Damn, spa-francorchamps is my favourite circuit. :cry:

Well being a Schumacher / Ferrari fan id like to see schumi take his 8th title, but i hope for good racing.

Should be intresting to see what Super Aguri do this year aswell. I think they are starting off with a heavily revised Arrows A23 chassis from 2002 but its nice to see 11 teams on the grid.

yep that car looks soo cool... they've spent soo much moeny in development in the chrome finish- nothin seen before on a F1 car.

i just hope the mercedes engine can handle the pressure this season. i've heard mclaren are limiting the engine to only 16.5k (max capable is 18.9k) compared to ferrari's 22k and renault/honda's high 22k.

That is looking pretty nice! (Y) I hope BMW Sauber can do a good job this season. Another reason to support BMW is for Jacques Villeneuve. The Canadian driver in BMW makes me happy. :p

Ferrari will be strong this year, and they should aim to win both the titles. It won't be easy, but certainly not impossible. Don't forget that last year the single tyre rule created a lot of problems for the team. It will be stupid to write them off just on the basis of their last season's results. That team won 5 consecutive constructors and drivers title. The rules have changed this year again and a lot many new teams and driver lineups. So another interesting season of F1 Racing coming up. Can't wait for the first race to start at Bahrain. 27 days still to go :)

Definitive Toyota ready to test

Toyota has unveiled a new aerodynamic package for its TF106 race car ahead of the season-opening Grand Prix in Bahrain.

The new package has been introduced in time for the final two pre-season tests in Vallelunga and Barcelona and will make its debut at the Italian track on Tuesday. The below outlines the major differences between the TF106 that has been testing since the end of November 2005 and the version that will race in Bahrain.

Source:

The revised TF106 uncovered before Bahrain

Photo: Toyota TF106 Pics

Edited by milu

Well what you are saying is totally opinion. Techincal staff have left McLaren (such as Adrian Newey - but he has still designed this seasons car), but staff have left Ferrari and other teams, it happens. Super Aguri, who will be using modified four year old cars which were actually slow themselves in 2002 will be quicker than McLaren (who had the fastest car at the end of last season)? I hope that was a joke, I would respect what you put even more if you could spell McLaren ;)

I heard that Michellin tyres pulled out of F1, is this news still valid?

Michelin will be performing in the 2006 season, but they are pulling out for 2007 :)

• 2 weeks later...

Don't Miss

12:40 Sat 4th

ITV1

F1 Preview 2006

Steve Rider previews the 2006 season from Bahrain where the championship begins in one week's time. Martin Brundle discusses the new qualifying and engine rules and describes the fastest way around the Bahrain International Circuit, and has an exclusive interview with Jenson Button. Plus, Ted Kravitz and Louise Goodman assess the runners and riders as they complete their pre-season preparations

Duration: 30mins

I watched the F1 preview. I am all geared up for the new season now, seeing as I have watched the preview and played F1 Career Challenge :p!

Bring it on! Come on Kimi and Montoya (Y)

Ten minutes until Qualifying. :D

I reckon the top 3 on the grid will be Button, Alonso and M.Schumacher. Not sure what order though.

Why are they still not broadcasting F1 in widescreen? It's 2006 and its a sport where technology plays such a large part I'd have expected it to be in widescreen by now.

Is it something to do with the ITV feed being broadcasted in many different countries and that they don't use widescreen or something?

Mclarens car looks sweet....shine the rest of the field to death!!

But yeah, its going to be awesome! Better rules = better racing!

Edited by SamNeeds