Require assistance with design update

HTML (skilled) - Pff I can make HTML do back flips if I really want to :rofl:

XHTML Validation - All my sites are XHTML Transitional Valid :)

Javascripting - I can get around no problems with java

PHP (some knowledge) - PHP I'm not the BEST at, but I do know quite a bit (and it does say "some knowledge")

Graphics - I am good at graphics.. or so I like to think, but define good and then I can say yay or nay to that :p

There's only one problem : / the time limit. March is mostly school, and then april is mostly holidays.

But *shrug* if NW needs help I'm always willing to give a hand :]

Ian.

HTML: Skilled

XHTML Validation: Skilled in Transitional validation.

Javascripting: General understanding. I can modify it but I can't write it from scratch. :/

PHP: I code almost everything in PHP. I have a PHP & MYSQL CMS in the works (almost done too).

Graphics: Skilled in Photoshop.

Available from 10-12PM Eastern Monday - Friday. After 7PM Saturdays and all day Sundays. I'd prefer working on Sundays since I have them free and nothing to do on them.

As for the monetary reward: I can honestly say that getting anything in return would be a bonus, but not necessary. Adding my work on the Neowin layout to my portfolio would be enough. :D

Check my site for examples of my work.

From what I remember they need someone in PHP the most. From reading here I see a few that say they are awesome in PHP, I'd recommend for them to apply.

It is hard though to find someone good in coding (in a multitude of languages) and creative. There is only 24 hours in a day to learn languages and/or graphic programs and the fact that at a certain age you will start forgetting things.

Don't know PHP.. guess I am out. :s (X)HTML and graphics is all I know.

And what happened to Flish.. wasn't he like the chiefhead of all graphics and whatnot?

Edited by Andre

I noticed that no one mentioned that they know anything about IPB, that's one of the things that Neobond is looking for as well. ;)

The only area I'm useful with is IPB, so yeah. I'm not much of a candidate.

HTML (skilled) - Pff I can make HTML do back flips if I really want to :rofl:

XHTML Validation - All my sites are XHTML Transitional Valid :)

Javascripting - I can get around no problems with java

PHP (some knowledge) - PHP I'm not the BEST at, but I do know quite a bit (and it does say "some knowledge")

Graphics - I am good at graphics.. or so I like to think, but define good and then I can say yay or nay to that :p

There's only one problem : / the time limit. March is mostly school, and then april is mostly holidays.

But *shrug* if NW needs help I'm always willing to give a hand :]

Ian.

#EDIT: And im experienced in theming/customising IPB ;)

happy?: P

We need someone who will be able to help code the new side-menu system. I want to be able to hide specific menu items and have the site remember which menu items are opened and closed. The options need to go in a pop-up assistant for the updated My Neowin menu (and portal links).

I recently did something like this for the Intranet site for my company. Even wrote a cool sorta fadey slide-in/out animation for it (cross browser, of course). Also did some draggable popup-windows (loads separate HTML in an iframe) for a couple of our side-bar widgets (our weather widget is the best I've ever seen, on any site). It all looks very smooth thanks to the animation class I wrote. The site also uses several forms of "AJAX", including a JS class I wrote that does automatic updates through HTML tag to XML tag bindings, some updates from CSV files, and a few direct innerHTML updates. I also recently wrote an app that uses things like drag-and-drop and behind the scenes AJAX updates to the server. I'm a huge fan of client side updates and hitting the server as little as possible, and I think my work is very good evidence of this.

As far as skillsets go, I like to think I'm pretty decent at JavaScript, and have decent HTML and graphics skills. My server-side experience is in JSPs and servlets, although I did write a small PHP site a few years back.

Not sure all of what you're needing help with, but if it's just a side-bar menu system, I could probably help you out with that.

I can give you 2 people to help, one Graphics guy (CSS, XHTML, Graphics creation such as... www.thetechaven.com, thetechaven.com/nalbum/keine_lust/) and then the coder for that site, (PHP, Javascript, AJAX, MYSQL).

I myself would enjoy to help a large growing community.

Please email (dpeters @ thetechaven . com) if you are interested.

Thankyou.

Hey,

HTML - Know very well.

CSS - Also, very fluent.

XHTML Validating - Sorry not much experience or knowledge here.

PHP - Pretty broad knowledge.

Graphic Design - Been using photoshop for almost two years.

IPB Skinning - Made more IPB skins than had hot dinners :)

If you would like, contact me on msn - dan[at]danielellis.net

Dan

I know both HTML and XHTML really well; every site and page I code (even my 404 error pages!) are always validated. Same story with my CSS, with no errors. I know a hell of a lot of PHP too, and I'm pretty good with XML. I have an ok knowledge of Javascript too. :)

I've been using, modding and skinning IPB since version 1.2, and have always tried to get these 100% valid too :)

I've also been using Photoshop since version 5, and I pretty much know it inside out ;)

I spend over 8 hours a day online, usually more, and I would love to help Neowin wherever possible (Y)