NFL superbowl champions!

You realize we are talking about Football.....American Football, you know the game they play where they use a ball kinda shaped like an oval, not the game where they use a Soccer ball.

Ahh..thanks for that. But I'm not the one who is claiming that the right penalty was called on Hasselbeck.

Oh..and the two sports? Trust me, I kinda know the difference.

Instead of telling me in one sentance "did you see the game?" or "im convinced you didn't see the game" why don't you tell me why im wrong, unless of course "you didn't see the game"

Simply put? Because it was the wrong call, that cost Seattle 15 yards on top of an interception return. As if the INT wasn't a backbreaker enough, a bogus 15 yard "Illegal Low Block" penalty (not a simple 'clip' as you say...there is a difference) on Hasselbeck was moronic and simply incorrect. Yes, it's illegal to take out a would-be blocker below the knees, but here's the thing....Hasselbeck was making the tackle, and not trying to take out a blocker! His goal was to get the ballcarrier...not to take out a blocker so someone else could get him.

I have seen NO ONE outside of you here, or in any written or spoken media who claims that the penalty on Hasselbeck was a good call. The fact that you are blind to that alone screams of fanboyism.....which brings me to.......

I'm convinced you had something riding on this game and refuse to except the fact that the seahawks lost the game, and went all season with one of the easiest schedules.

Assumption incorrect. I have never bet on any game in my life, I only play pickem games...with nothing on the line for winner or loser. I also don't care for either team, that being said, I honestly could care less who won. But nice try.

Ahh..thanks for that. But I'm not the one who is claiming that the right penalty was called on Hasselbeck.

Oh..and the two sports? Trust me, I kinda know the difference.

Simply put? Because it was the wrong call, that cost Seattle 15 yards on top of an interception return. As if the INT wasn't a backbreaker enough, a bogus 15 yard "Illegal Low Block" penalty (not a simple 'clip' as you say...there is a difference) on Hasselbeck was moronic and simply incorrect. Yes, it's illegal to take out a would-be blocker below the knees, but here's the thing....Hasselbeck was making the tackle, and not trying to take out a blocker! His goal was to get the ballcarrier...not to take out a blocker so someone else could get him.

I have seen NO ONE outside of you here, or in any written or spoken media who claims that the penalty on Hasselbeck was a good call. The fact that you are blind to that alone screams of fanboyism.....which brings me to.......

Assumption incorrect. I have never bet on any game in my life, I only play pickem games...with nothing on the line for winner or loser. I also don't care for either team, that being said, I honestly could care less who won. But nice try.

Yep, it was a tackle not a block, therfore absoultely no way, except in Bizzarro World, that he could be called for an illegal block. The only somewhat, barely, almost possible way was that as he hit the ball carrier he kep on going and took out a guy that was traliing the ball carrier and the call was for that. Even still, that would be a wrong call, but at least I could "almost" understand the call.

Yeah just me and the people that really matter......the refs.

believe in clipping calls or not, the call is there and is intended to protect players from injury. I'm not going to say I feel that it should be a rule in the nfl, but it is so all players should abide by it. Faneca did the same thing earlier this season, while making the tackle he went low and took out 2 blockers while he still made the tackle. I didn't like the call but its the rule, doesn't matter if you are going for a tackle, you do it you get called for it either way.

fanboyism?....Is that a fetish or somthing.

Anyway what makes me mad is not the fact people are talking about how the seahawks got bad calls against them but the fact they fail to state any bad calls against the steelers.

If you watched the game, which im sure you did, How about the catch where stevens caught a pass then 2 steps later gets hit and drops it? You have to make 1 move for it to be a catch he made at least 2, it was ruled incomplete, no other seahawks were around and steelers could have scored off it.

we could argue forever point is, no the refs won't be perfect, but the clipping call is an nfl rule, no matter if they are making a tackle or not it has to be called. That would be something you would have to get on the nfl to change not the refs

I'm calling a Illegal low block and a clip the same thing, thats what a clip is. No matter what he said or what he ment they both carry a 15 yard penalty. I didn't take this as you arguing they simply said the wrong thing, from what you said i was getting the feeling there shouldn't have been anything called at all

winners win... losers bitch

pl2592085ta.jpg

i know this isn't the best pic, but he is still moving forward at this point. Wait a few days and definitive pics will be everywhere

The refs got it right, I'm also tired of the bitching.

Yeah just me and the people that really matter......the refs.

believe in clipping calls or not, the call is there and is intended to protect players from injury. I'm not going to say I feel that it should be a rule in the nfl, but it is so all players should abide by it. Faneca did the same thing earlier this season, while making the tackle he went low and took out 2 blockers while he still made the tackle. I didn't like the call but its the rule, doesn't matter if you are going for a tackle, you do it you get called for it either way.

fanboyism?....Is that a fetish or somthing.

Anyway what makes me mad is not the fact people are talking about how the seahawks got bad calls against them but the fact they fail to state any bad calls against the steelers.

If you watched the game, which im sure you did, How about the catch where stevens caught a pass then 2 steps later gets hit and drops it? You have to make 1 move for it to be a catch he made at least 2, it was ruled incomplete, no other seahawks were around and steelers could have scored off it.

we could argue forever point is, no the refs won't be perfect, but the clipping call is an nfl rule, no matter if they are making a tackle or not it has to be called. That would be something you would have to get on the nfl to change not the refs

I agree Stevens fumbled that ball, I even yelled it out loud right away (don't tell me you didn't hear me ;)) before the replay.

But with respect to teh low block call, the fact is this: you cannot be called for a low block if you are hitting a person with the ball, plain and simple. There really is no other argument left on that matter. Argue all you want about the others, but you cannot be simulataneously tackling and blocking the same player at the same time. It is just simply unpossible.

I didn't think my TV was ultra-zoom. I didn't have that installed or anything, it must have come built in because I had no problem. Maybe you should get in the market for and ultra-zoom TV, I hear they are top of the line and you can really see when someone scores a touchdown.

Maybe I need some glasses to see how "correct" the officials were in a few of those calls. Maybe my TV is deceiving me :rolleyes:

just some pics to view...i think the refs got both of these calls correct. i'm sick of the fools on espn still crying.

when the game was on i know it was a TD it looked like a TD. but it shouldnt have been called it looked like to the nake eye he was stop short. but the 1st reply should he got in.

and the push off shouldnt have been call,(it should by NFL rule) they both were fighting for the ball

the fumble was a bad call.or no fumble.

and the block pent. was very bad.

you cant use the bad call for a reason of losing.

the Steelers played so bad(the D wasnt that bad)(i never saw an offence play so bad in a surper bowl) the seahawls just couldnt beat a off steeler team.

but this freaks me out. big ben played bad in the AFC championship last year. and played bad in the surper bowl this year.

so does this mean that big ben will not have a bad game next year