[Men's Hockey] Swiss pull off two hockey shockers

Canada wanted to play really physical and the refs wouldn't allow it. I think that's what screwed them. Obviously they had a huge size advantage and probably didn't have time to rework their game plan once they found out it wasn't working for them today.

I actually think this is better for the Canadians. Wakes them up a bit and gets 'em a bit mad.

Yeah I agree, Canada always goes into these things with a massive superiority complex, hopefully this serves as a reminder that anything can happen, and makes them work harder to avoid being embarrassed.

I'm pretty surprised the Swiss pulled off another upset. You'd think after they beat the Czechs teams wouldn't sleep on them anymore. Not really surprised the U.S. lost. After all, the Slovaks beat Russia and tha team is more talented than the U.S. this year. Overall, the men's tournament is proving to be much more entertaining than the women's (even with the shocking U.S. loss in the semis). There have been some good games and some good hockey.

I'm actually kind of glad they lost. The 1st couple of games they really didn't look all that good. They seem to feel like all they need to do is show up and they will win. They haven't put in the work ethic so far and are trying to be far too fancy. Hopefully this will be a wake up call for them that they need to do more than just show up for the game and that they need to work harder to get the gold.

Keep in mind that this is just the round robin and since Canada are the defending champions, this loss means nothing to them.

I expect to see a different and more determined Canadian team against Finland tomorrow.