Reddick or Morrison

Reddick or Morrison?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the college player of they year?

• Adam Morrison
    • J.J. Reddick
    • Other

Morrison is an all around player, JJ is strictly an outside threat. Not only will Morrison win player of the year, he will also be more sucessful than Reddick in the NBA.

Morrison is an all around player, JJ is strictly an outside threat. Not only will Morrison win player of the year, he will also be more sucessful than Reddick in the NBA.

Merely an outside threat? I have a strong feeling you haven't seen Duke play one game this year :whistle:

Merely an outside threat? I have a strong feeling you haven't seen Duke play one game this year :whistle:

I'm a UNC fan so you wont see me watching a lot of Duke games :p but Reddick's biggest threat is from the outside is it not? I'm not saying he is JUST an outside shooter, I was just trying to say that Morrison is a more all around player.

Well lets take a look at it. Redick has shot considerably less from the 3-point line than previous years and he has shot way more free throws than he did before. Why is that? Well, if you look at Redick and why he is so much better this year is because he as a driving presence now. Before, Redick would settle for a jump shot from anywhere; now he will drive to the basket and draw fouls, hence why Duke average 26.1 free throws per game, which is one of the highest in the nation. Redick has worked on other parts of his game that he lacked which makes him a much better player.

Is Morrison a better all around player? Maybe. What Redick has that Morrison doesn't is defense.

What's my opinion? Well, that's tough and I can't choose who's better. Morrison really surprised me when he scored 37 points in teh second half against Loyola-Marymount. Morrison just took the game over like I haven't seen someone take it over. On the other hand, lets take yesterday for example. Redick was 2-16 from the field and in the last 6 minutes, he drills consecutive mid-range jump shots back to back to get on fire (even though he had missed his last 9 shots) which eventually put Duke over the top. When they get hot, they take games over.

Who should win? I'm leaning towards Morrison a bit but that's by a hair. The next two weeks should decide who wins.

You read my mind. Everyone here seems to be saying Redick only shoots 3 pointers... they obviously haven't seen him play AT ALL this year and are going by all the crap they see on ESPN.