4 or 5 hours a sleep a night

you sem to forget thta noone is talking to you. You are you and this is a general forum. HUMANS need 8-10 hours of sleep. If you care to argue that, I'm sure the data leans my way.

No one is talking to me?...okay-well, seeing as this is a forum, I think he is talking to everyone, and well-everyone includes me I am pretty sure...and well, seeing by your response to my post, it would be pointless to argue with you, as I feel that 90% of the posters in this thread have already explained to you why you were wrong.

I say rubbish. Not refuting the scientific evidence or anything, but I've been going on no more than 4 or 5 hours of sleep a night since high school (freshman at university now), and I've been just fine. I'm in shape, and in good health.

It's pretty commonly said that you need 8 hours, but if you're fine with less, why waste the time sleeping more?

No one is talking to me?...okay-well, seeing as this is a forum, I think he is talking to everyone, and well-everyone includes me I am pretty sure...and well, seeing by your response to my post, it would be pointless to argue with you, as I feel that 90% of the posters in this thread have already explained to you why you were wrong.

Like i said. the exeption proves the rule. NOONE IS TALKING ABOUT YOU. i am speaking generally. but thank you for being the exeption.

Everyone’s individual sleep needs vary. In general, most healthy adults are built for 16 hours of wakefulness and need an average of eight hours of sleep a night. However, some individuals are able to function without sleepiness or drowsiness after as little as six hours of sleep. Others can't perform at their peak unless they've slept ten hours. And, contrary to common myth, the need for sleep doesn't decline with age but the ability to sleep for six to eight hours at one time may be reduced. (Van Dongen & Dinges, Principles & Practice of Sleep Medicine, 2000)

Edited by Qarth

Somebody said that aged 14-20 or something needs like 8-10 hours of sleep... why?

I get about 4 or 5 hours, what will happen to me?

you will develop short sightedness, become obese and girls wont like you :p

I believe that needing eight hours is an average, something most people would do well on. Psychological experiments suggest that it is possible to wean yourself down to four hours and still be healthy.

Personally, I need alot of sleep, at least 8 hours. At sixth form I could manage on six hours but when I was depressed I could sleep the clock round.

One sec, I will PM you the ebook. I LIVE on 4-5 hours of sleep and I am in perfect health.

Here is the link, I am suprised it is still up to be honest.

http://rapidshare.de/files/2802524/powerfu...ackage.zip.html

If a mod feels this is breaking the rules, please remove it.

The greatest thing I've ever read. I suggest everyone to read it. Couldn't sleep tonight and stubmled across this thread and downloaded that and read it all. 10/10.

you are correct. Random Eye Movement, sleep. REM.

It would be good for you to get 8 hours. 4 to 5 is not that great for you. REM Sleep takes ~3 hours to get into sometimes, so you basically arnt getting it much at all. Which is the true deep sleep that you need.

Rapid Eye Movement.

;)

Like i said. the exeption proves the rule. NOONE IS TALKING ABOUT YOU. i am speaking generally. but thank you for being the exeption.

Are you like 12? And by the way, it's EXCEPTION, not EXEPTION...perhaps you should sleep more so you can stay better alert in your spelling class.

It's always better to err on the side of too much sleep as opposed to too little sleep. I survived on 4-6 hours a night for a while, and I actually feel more refreshed after 5 hours than after 7 hours.

There's no denying that too little sleep is bad, however.

Are you like 12? And by the way, it's EXCEPTION, not EXEPTION...perhaps you should sleep more so you can stay better alert in your spelling class.

No you silly bitch, I'm 23. Either way, trying to make an arguement out of what YOU do is stupid. Good luck though!

Idiot.

wow, you actually only get 4-5 hours? I get cranky if i don't get 9-12 hours of sleep every night :wacko:

Wow 9-12, thats alot :) I need about 6 minimum. My girlfriend gets sometimes about 3 and usually 5, I don't really understand her.

last semester i used to wake up at 6 and go to sleep at 1 - 2 am..

i was up about 19 hours a day without napping Mon - Sat... Sunday was my sleep catch up day.. i'd sleep for about 12 - 14 hours..

i dont like sleeping too much.. i think it takes up too much time..

sometimes when i go to Vegas we don't get a hotel because we don't sleep for 2 days straight.. then we drive back home sunday afternoon.. then sleep until monday morning.

No you silly bitch, I'm 23. Either way, trying to make an arguement out of what YOU do is stupid. Good luck though!

Idiot.

First off, your point was terrible and makes no sense...leading me to think you are very uneducated.

Secondly, judging by your comebacks and responses, you are probably without many (if any) friends and very lonely.

And lastly, there is no way that you have a girlfriend...

you sem to forget thta noone is talking to you. You are you and this is a general forum. HUMANS need 8-10 hours of sleep. If you care to argue that, I'm sure the data leans my way.

says who?

Well I'm about to sleep 30 minutes now before I go to work... It happens many times.

I will drink a lot of coffey at work, try hard not to fall asleep on the bus, then I will try not to fall asleep before 7 PM and then I'll wake up at 3 PM the day after.

when i was in school last semester, towards the end i would normally get 4-5 hours of sleep a night. i got the flu 2 times in that month (can only recall having the flu 1 time prior to that). after a while of the 4-5 hours of sleep a night, i just slept and slept. it got to the point where alarm clocks wouldnt wake me up someone had to physically shake/tap me.. i set 1 alarm clock, then i set 2. slept through both most of the time (rang constantly ranging from 30mins to an hour).

right now i work 7-7 for 28 days then im off for 5 days. i get around 5-7 hours of sleep a night. if i slept more i would be cutting off all my social life (pretty minimal how it is) i wake up fine in the morning so its all fine :) works fine for me, sometimes i am tired during the day.

just depends on who you are and if it works with you i guess if it feels good do it ;)