Gmail service downtime

wont work for me at all either guys

hampshire, uk - BT

i can get on www.google.co.uk fine though, just www.gmail and www.gmail.google.com are down

From digg:

All Google Servers Have Crashed!

Even Digg has been slowed down because of this. The entire Google army has now been reduced to around 3 blades, my friend inside Google says. They are working like hell to fix the issues. For now they recommend all webmasters to disable adsense to lessen the strain.

Google is having some problems. Google talk especially seems to go down quite a bit. Google was down for me, but as of now it is working. http://search.msn.com is a good choice after google (when they're down), they just updated it, works perfectly fine for me.

I've been having problems all evening with some sites, got this email from my ISP:

Our engineers have identified that the issue with DNS lookups is external to our network, and there are reports from other ISPs in the UK of similar issues occuring. We believe that this is down to DNS Propagation issues elsewhere on the internet.

As such this isn't something that we can resolve internally, though we will post a further update once more information is available.

It'll come back eventually... be patient.