Now a proud owner of a Nikon D70s

There's a new member in my little tech family. I (along with 1 more person) am a proud owner of a Nikon D70 :D

There's now a whole room upstairs we call the "studio" as it has everything we need for basic picture taking, editing,printing, scanning etc.

Here's some pictures(Just a note, these were taken with our old camera, a Canon PowerShot A520):

nikond700010ci.th.jpg

nikond700045kq.th.jpg

nikond700052ys.th.jpg

Damn I'm happy :happy:

Edited by killer043

is there any good digital professional camera? i mean, a digital camera that can take pictures as a professional camera? witch one would vbe the best and whtat is the price range?

is there any good digital professional camera? i mean, a digital camera that can take pictures as a professional camera? witch one would vbe the best and whtat is the price range?

The Nikon D2X and Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II are what the professionals use.

I did some testing I just went for a walk and took some pictures near my house as well as some pictures from the 2nd story. Also, there are some pics after my dog went insane for some reason and tore up some garbage in the backyard, it adds to the effect.

The pictures aren't THAT great but hey, I'm still just testing this little guy out.

sawmillcreek9cp.th.jpg

dsc00112sh.th.jpg

dsc00238ad.th.jpg

Yeah, make sure you can open NEF pictures before you shot Raw pictures.

My uncle has the same camera... Buy Extra batteries.. It's a really good camera.

well, only if you use continous shooting, buy highspeed card 60x+ (sandisk ultraii is well known) Otherwise, don't waste money on highspeed card and buy a 2gb at regular speed to store more photos. If you shoot in RAW or RAW+jpeg, you'll find your big card usefull

Extra battery is very useful. The nikon one is very expensive but you can buy some on ebay. I bought 2 for 20$cad shipping included. (the shipping cost more hehe).

To open raw, there are plenty free app to open raw including microsoft raw viewer (search on neowin forum, there is a link somewhere)

there is also xnview that open raw file. But you will soon buy a good picture editing software also.... you will see

Just got my 350D and im giddy as hell. It was between that or the D50 almost identical to yours.

Can't wait to get out and practice. I haven't got a CF card though, only a 32MB at the mo until i buy a 2GB from ebay, so it's like 10 pics at a time, :rolleyes:

Congrats. We'll have to compare in a few weeks, lol.

well, only if you use continous shooting, buy highspeed card 60x+ (sandisk ultraii is well known) Otherwise, don't waste money on highspeed card and buy a 2gb at regular speed to store more photos. If you shoot in RAW or RAW+jpeg, you'll find your big card usefull

Extra battery is very useful. The nikon one is very expensive but you can buy some on ebay. I bought 2 for 20$cad shipping included. (the shipping cost more hehe).

To open raw, there are plenty free app to open raw including microsoft raw viewer (search on neowin forum, there is a link somewhere)

there is also xnview that open raw file. But you will soon buy a good picture editing software also.... you will see

Can you fill up a 2GB CF card before the battery of your D70 dies out? I can't. I doubt I could with 4GB either.

Can you fill up a 2GB CF card before the battery of your D70 dies out? I can't. I doubt I could with 4GB either.

what eat more battery is when you use LCD to watch pics. You can shoot a hell lot of pictures during a weekend with only 1 battery. I'm pretty sure you can fill up a 2GB card with NEF pictures