Rev's Controller

Since the controller is a bit different compared to conventional gamepads, like the GC's, does that mean that it will still be able to play GC game properly. i wanna get the 2 GC zelda games when i get rev and amybe some others but i want to know if it works properly with old games, and if it doesnt are nintendo gonna bundle in a GC pad aswell?

yeah you can use gamecube pads to play gamecube games, theres also probably gonna be a controller shell for the rev pad, as for a cube pad bundled.. i have no idea. someone correct me if i'm wrong..

yeah if you look over at IGN they did what they believed the so called 'shell' could look like. basically it would be like a GC controller that you plug your revolution controller into and then you can play games in what has become the conventional manner for consoles. also i am pretty sure you are correct about the gamecube ports.. there were some patent images around a little while ago that showed what looked like GC controller ports.

im no revolution expect.. so i could also be wrong but i try to read everything on the revolution i can

Since the controller is a bit different compared to conventional gamepads, like the GC's, does that mean that it will still be able to play GC game properly. i wanna get the 2 GC zelda games when i get rev and amybe some others but i want to know if it works properly with old games, and if it doesnt are nintendo gonna bundle in a GC pad aswell?

4 GC controller ports, and the 2 memory card ports for GC games.

newer-better-nintendo-revolution-pics-20050517085520971.jpg

i wonder how the wavebird will fit in there? Or maybe it will work natively with the rev?

Now that you mention it, looks like it wouldn't be able to plug into the prototypes.

But that's why it's a prototype :p

I really don't see them making it have the wavebird receivers built in.

I really don't see them making it have the wavebird receivers built in.

I'd be surprised if you can't use a Wavebird. They build a Wi-Fi, wireless-control console, but make you use wired controllers for GC games? I don't think so. :blink:

The only thing Nintendo's announced is that Gamecube games would use the gamecube port's for gamecube controllers. The Gamecube shell for the wand controller is completely rumor.

The only thing Nintendo's announced is that Gamecube games would use the gamecube port's for gamecube controllers. The Gamecube shell for the wand controller is completely rumor.

No it isn't, it's in the works.

It's in the works, yeah. But it's highly unlikely that the shell will add any functionality over the Revmote + Nunchuck, and it's also unlikely that the shell could be used for Gamecube games...

It's in the works, yeah. But it's highly unlikely that the shell will add any functionality over the Revmote + Nunchuck, and it's also unlikely that the shell could be used for Gamecube games...

Actually, Reggie has stated that the shell can be used for (lazy, stupid, poor) developers who want to go for the quick port, instead of taking time and care and doing a half decent port.

It could be used for lazy devs, I'm sure. But that doesn't mean it'll wave to offer additional functionality. Well, maybe a second analog stick instead of the gyro sensors. But I think it'll basically offer the Revmote + Nunchuck funtionailty in a conventional-looking shell. One D-Pad, one analog stick, two or three shoulder buttons, three or four regular buttons. I think the Shell will only be an option. If it's included with every controller, it could even be a mere, cheap clip that connects Revmote and Nunchuck, both tilted at maybe 15?. Don't know for sure, though. We'll know for sure in two months...:))

I'd be surprised if you can't use a Wavebird. They build a Wi-Fi, wireless-control console, but make you use wired controllers for GC games? I don't think so. :blink:

Which is why that space under the flap is more likely to be redesigned than anything, so the plug in Wavebird receivers work.