Exclusive Screenshots: Google Calendar

no sign of whether it can sync with outlook? surely thats a key feature

it would need to sync with Outlook.

From the ZDnet posted (since Techcrunch has borked again):

Plus according to TechCrunch it'll have a similar feature set: Ajax, suscription feeds for integration with iCal and other desktop calendars, event creation, search, sharing, notifications (including SMS).

What really needs to happen is not Google Calendar syncing with Outlook, but rather Outlook natively syncing with the iCal format.

Slowly people are throwing out privacy.

People put too much personal information in their blogs, email, etc.

I realize that smart people don't use webmail or blogs for "personal or private stuff" but there are far too many people doing that.

Google is just making a way for themselves so they can harvest tons of personal data. Imagine what kind of risk it will be if Google has Gdrive and a Calendar and people store their own photos of family and children and also appointments. Then people will know when you are going to be gone because you have your vacation scheduled within Google Calendar. Tell me I need to put on my tin foil hat or whatever...I don't care.

I can just see this stuff being a HUGE privacy threat. Google will turn into the place that people try to hack because there is so much data there. Google will become the "go to " person for all government agencies looking for info about people, suspects, etc.

Soon, Google, will be the largest private company working with the Goverment (I bet).

Hey......call me paranoid. Do I care? No.

As time goes on I want to back away from doing anything on the Internet at all.

Ooooooops.......I better stop writing this. :D

ever heard of ChoicePoint? they keep records of everything. soon they will probably start harvesting MySpace and things like that, just so that they can sell that data to future employers, who can see what you were like on MySpace.

ChoicePoint already works with the government.

ChoicePoint knows your name.

you guys know if google is going to integrate their calendar with gmail ?

The Techcrunch article mentions that it is but does not go into too many details of just how it will be intergrated.

EDIT: I know that alot of these new "web 2.0" calendar apps allow you to enter text such as "drinks with Jen at 6pm" and it will interpret that and schedule accordingly. Maybe it will scan your emails for simlar phrases and offer to schedule them? Not sure if that is cool or creepy.

• 1 month later...

^^ That would just be creepy (and I think fairly annoying most of the time). I think I will stick with 30boxes thank you very much creepy Google. :whistle:

Looks nice but dunno if i will use.. Google is gonna take over the world at this rate :whistle: