First PS3 RPG screenshots

another first playstation 3 screenshot

Medal of Honor PS3

1142084933248.jpg

I hope this is an early screen shot of the game because it looks pretty bad. The UL:DK shots actually look better than this. :no:

Edited by SecretAgentMan

If this game is really from an Everquest guy then I can tell you why it doesn't look that great. Look at Everquest II. You cannot run the the game on any of the high quality settings and even using SLI or Crossfire with top end video cards does not help. The way they program is just inefficient. EQ does not look good enough to justify the high system requirements.

Looks alright. Remins me alot of dark alliance type games.

hell no- the character models rocked in that game! [gnoll link]

I hope this is an early screen shot of the game because it looks pretty bad. The UL:DK shots actually look better than this. :no:

(honestly, the moh series has always looked bad- it looked ok on the ps1, but that was because it was pushing system spex)

The screenshots look like a very early build (Or I hope so) anyway they really don't look like anything special which was said before..

images being "illegal" :yes: :rofl:

lol, you people are forgeting that, this topic starter is a hardcore xbox fanboy and is picking the worst screenshots. You all have seen the PS3 videos, and you'll see real screenshots soon. E306.

I don't think OrangeSoul said anything positive about PS3. So yea..... any more screenshots?

Guys stop turning this into a "PS3 disapointment" or PS3 vs Xbox360 thread. We don't have people who are Sony fans making pathetic comments in the Microsoft forum, so don't do it here either.

i can see where your coming from but you can't really tell people wither or not to be disappointed. People have their own views, weather or not this is an early build.

Yay more videos ...

But what about the PS3? Our feelings are summed up in one word—disappointment. We saw an underwater demo with thousands of fish, we saw rag doll demos with about a thousand soldiers standing outside in barren wastelands devoid of any vegetation or interesting landmarks, and we saw some vehicle destruction physics in the same environment. There was a demo of Motorstorm, the off-road racing game, that didn't really resemble a game at all. It showcased the ability to tear up the muddy ground. In all honesty, they looked extremely unimpressive by next-gen standards, and certainly don't reinforce the vision presented last year at E3.

More game-like demos were shown, too. Warhawk is a playable flying/shooting sci-fi game, but it looks like a bad Xbox 360 title. The only impressive kinda-sorta game demo was a noninteractive fly-through of a futuristic city, complete with long lines of flying cars (think Futurama) by Insomniac games. It looks like this is the early work on a next-gen Ratchet & Clank game.

The crux of the speech was on Sony's online plans, their PlayStation Network Platform (an internal name, not the final consumer name). The basic service will be free, and will include unified login and player profiles, a shop to buy content online, and voice/video chat. It will support developers running their own servers (a feature recently added to Xbox Live), all forms of commerce (outright purchase, micropayments, subscriptions), and the ability to see your friends list and access online game store purchases from within a game. Every single thing Sony talked about made us think, "This sounded good when I heard it a year ago from Microsoft." From the look of it, Sony is clearly playing catch-up with Xbox Live, and with no specific announcements about game titles that will be digitally distributed or subscription MMOs or even a live demonstration of the interface, it seems they're way behind.

Sony had better be saving the "big guns" for E3, because what they showed at GDC this year left us sorely disappointed.

Lets wait till E3 when they will have something playable.

Yay more videos ...

Lets wait till E3 when they will have something playable.

Yes, we know your complete and utter disappointment concerning the PS3, at least keep it to the GDC thread.

Yes, we know your complete and utter disappointment concerning the PS3, at least keep it to the GDC thread.

Who said I was dissappointed with the PS3? Its not even out yet. Am I dissappointed the way Sony have handled things.

As for keeping it to the GDC thread, its quite shocking that you ignored the guy who brought GDC into the thread first. ;)

Nice source. Those http:/// guys really knows what's going on.

Cant fix it as I cant edit it, here is the source: http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,1941619,00.asp

:whistle:

the people dead set against the ps3 have their own pre-judged opinions on the screenshots. Your not going to change their minds. and the pro sony group already have their defensive debates lined up.

To me the screens look pretty good, empty and sparse, but still good. You guys have to think about how much better the graphics are from PS2 not 360, thats an entirely different beast. Lots of us are going from PS2 to PS3 not 360 ot PS3 and vice versa.

Yeah. I usually stay in the Nintendo forum, but browse here from time to time since I'm thinking about picking up a PSP (and I like nice screenshots :) )

But the amount posts by anti-sony trolls are rediculous.

You'd think that they have some serious inferiority issues, to do this in a SONY forum.