World Baseball Classic

Anyone here watching the WBC??

It has been great, the competitivity, you can see that the players are playing with heart, the fans love it. This has been a success so far. With the exception of the really bad call in the US vs Japan game :no:

I've been watching it and loving it. Yesterday included some amazing games. The call in the Japan vs US game was wrong, but I can see how they made it considering they don't have instant replay. It's part of the game .

Watching it and I agree, its great. The call was a bad call but a close one. besides the game winning basehit would of scored two runs anyway. All an all I like the WBC

hell yeah, WBC has been pretty fun to watch all day at work. sucks that directv doesn't carry deportes though. can't wait for the US/corea game tonight. what happened in the US/japan game?

Japan had a runner on third who tagged up on a fly ball to left field. After he scored, the manager of the USA appealed to the umps that he left early. At first the umps agreed with the original call, but then was overruled by another ump. A ticky-tack call, but I've seen worse, just ask a Cardinals' fan.

Don't really follow baseball but my dad was rooting for the cubans. I do hate the categories. All the really good teams on one side and the US pretty much alone on the other. I guess I'll root for PR now.

Don't really follow baseball but my dad was rooting for the cubans. I do hate the categories. All the really good teams on one side and the US pretty much alone on the other. I guess I'll root for PR now.

The initial pools were divided up based on geography more than anything else. I think they were pretty evenly spread.

I agree with Virtues of Evil, USA is pretty much alone and in the finals they will play the one on their pool. I think the semifinals should be

1 from pool 1 vs 2 from pool 2

1 from pool 2 vs 2 from pool 1

Yeah, but it didn't end up mattering.

Did anyone see that closer for the Dominican with his hat sideways like that? What a disgrace to baseball.

Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, USA and Japan will reach the finals, but the champion will be either Puerto Rico or Dominican Republic.

It looks like Korea is going to beat the US, theres a possibility that neither US or Japan will reach the final.

Edited by davemania

Considering all that has been said about steroids in baseball, some player having his hat off center is not that big of a deal.

I just think it looks rediculous :p

Wow.

Korea beat USA like a little bit ch :laugh:

That makes me think... If USA doesn't win the WBC, then major league champion will not be the world champion :whistle:

Wow.

Korea beat USA like a little bit ch :laugh:

That makes me think... If USA doesn't win the WBC, then major league champion will not be the world champion :whistle:

Considering the 'World Champion' isn't comprised of 100% Americans in the first place, your point is moot.

I am Dominican and I am dying.. My god this too exciting.

This event has exceeded all my expectations but I agree with the person that said the the US got the "easy" teams. Yeah, they have proved they can play but we didn't know that. Although they are getting their butts kicked.

Good luck to everyone.

GO Rep?blica Dominicana!!!!

We lose :( :cry: Cuba 4 Puerto Rico 3. Damn we pick up a bad day to lose :/

I hope Cuba wins the WBC.

so PR is out right? meaning if cuba wins, they and DR advance? and US needs to beat mexico to join korea, otherwise japan goes?

so PR is out right? meaning if cuba wins, they and DR advance? and US needs to beat mexico to join korea, otherwise japan goes?

if korea wins and us wins tomorrow, then us is in. However, if Japan wins and scores less than 8 runs, the US is out.