World Baseball Classic

so PR is out right? meaning if cuba wins, they and DR advance? and US needs to beat mexico to join korea, otherwise japan goes?

Yep PR is out :( Cuba and DR from Pool 2 advance

If Japan wins tonight US is eliminated. If Japan lose and US wins US advance

Yep PR is out :( Cuba and DR from Pool 2 advance

If Japan wins tonight US is eliminated. If Japan lose and US wins US advance

Only if Japan wins and scores less than 8 runs. Of course, since they're tied at 0 after 7, I don't see them scoring too much.

Only if Japan wins and scores less than 8 runs. Of course, since they're tied at 0 after 7, I don't see them scoring too much.

yeah I forgot to post that :p

Korea wins. If the US can beat Mexico tomorrow, they can advance......but can anyone beat Korea? Geez, they and Dominican Republic are rolling.

I went to the Korea vs Japan game last night in Anaheim, Ca. and let me tell you that was the most amazing sporting "EVENT" I have ever witnessed, I am a caucasian american and was rooting for Korea along with about 36,000 of the 39,674 fans at Angel Stadium. It was literally amazing to see these true sports fans were rooting for their team, the passion those fans had was absolutely incredible. I have never witnessed that kinda loyalty to one team in any American sporting event, the closest I could say this matched would be a big college football game like Ohio St. / Michigan or college basketball like Duke / North Carolina.

Considering all that has been said about steroids in baseball, some player having his hat off center is not that big of a deal.

Considering that the basbeall uniform has to be set to specific standards, wearing the hat the correct way is a big deal. You play the game, you play it by the rules instituted or don't play.

Considering that the basbeall uniform has to be set to specific standards, wearing the hat the correct way is a big deal. You play the game, you play it by the rules instituted or don't play.

Um aren't those MLB rules? Now granted I know MLB is running this thing but they're obviously not using the same rules as the regular season considering there could be ties in the first round (and maybe the second?) and the pitch count limits.

a) (1) All players on a team shall wear uniforms identical in color, trim and style, and all players uniforms shall include minimal six inch numbers on their backs. (2) Any part of an undershirt exposed to view shall be of a uniform solid color for all players on a team. Any player other than the pitcher may have numbers, letters, insignia attached to the sleeve of the undershirt. (3) No player whose uniform does not conform to that of his teammates shall be permitted to participate in a game. (b) A league may provide that (1) each team shall wear a distinctive uniform at all times, or (2) that each team shall have two sets of uniforms, white for home games and a different color for road games. © (1) Sleeve lengths may vary for individual players, but the sleeves of each individual player shall be approximately the same length. (2) No player shall wear ragged, frayed or slit sleeves. (d) No player shall attach to his uniform tape or other material of a different color from his uniform. (e) No part of the uniform shall include a pattern that imitates or suggests the shape of a baseball. (f) Glass buttons and polished metal shall not be used on a uniform. (g) No player shall attach anything to the heel or toe of his shoe other than the ordinary shoe plate or toe plate. Shoes with pointed spikes similar to golf or track shoes shall not be worn. (h) No part of the uniform shall include patches or designs relating to commercial advertisements. (i) A league may provide that the uniforms of its member teams include the names of its players on their backs. Any name other than the last name of the player must be approved by the League President. If adopted, all uniforms for a team must have the names of its players.

I see no provisions in the uniform regulations that say that a players hat should be center.

USA is out. I'm glad Japan is in the semifinals.

The Caribbean will win this championship ;)

Wow the US team is garbage....a loaded lineup even without Lee and Damon and they can only put up 3 hits on Mexico?!?

bah, we suck. no offense whatsover.

i really don't like how the semis and finals are done. i liked the round robin, seems more fair to me.

Well Mexico won,It was a good game, man that unpire is blind or really favors USA team (yes the same umpire), first the bad call against japan and now invalidating valenzuela's Home-Run... Good thing justice exists and Mexico won :p

VIVA MEXICO!

post-21550-1142574143.jpg

yeah, the issue is that the Major League umpires wanted too much money, so the WBC is oficiated by amatures.

No player whose uniform does not conform to that of his teammates shall be permitted to participate in a game.

Also, I think that may describe the sideways hat. there are usually very vague things like that, used as a catch all.

bottom line, dont be a jackass. Wear your hat correctly. You are representing your nation.

Cuba eliminated DR

Wow they beat Venezuela, Puerto Rico :( and Dominican Republic. They can win the WBC. Go Cuba.

Cuba eliminated DR

Wow they beat Venezuela, Puerto Rico :( and Dominican Republic. They can win the WBC. Go Cuba.

Crap, I was rooting for Republica Dominicana. Well, at least Cuba will win this. Caribbean Power!!!!

Latin players and asian players = best players in baseball.

Hahah, If you saw a guy sitting behind the catchers plate waving to the TV camera, that was my brother in law at the Cuba Dom Rebp game!!! Talk about great seats (and free sushi!!)..

Ugh.. the controversial umpire Bob Davidson is chosen for Korea vs. Japan match. :x

Whatever... I'm sure Korean team will win the whole tournament!

It's going to be an interesting game. i was wondering if the cuban team are actual players in the cuban league or refugees that came to the mlb from the cuban league

It's going to be an interesting game. i was wondering if the cuban team are actual players in the cuban league or refugees that came to the mlb from the cuban league

I heard some commentator say they had no major league players so i'm assuming the former opotion.