'PS Business Briefing 2006'

They've only mentioned a 60GB, so far.
I don't think things are set in stone. They could pull something off like sell the console for like $350 and then end up selling various size HDDs at different prices. Or they could bundle the damn 60GB HDD and jack the price to like $400-$500. Either way the HDD would be required.
And they would come with Linux preinstall right? I wonder if they'll give you a disc to install Linux for PS3, or if they'll force you to buy Sony's HD with Linux preinstalled...

If they were nice about it they would do the same thing as the PS2 and give it on CD rather then have it installed on the the HDD because some people may not want it (me) and would only end up formatting it.

Then it was announced at E3. Some people are trying to twist more positives out of this event.

Umm, no, check the dates. These articles were after E3. It was never confirmed that BC was 100% till now.

Umm, no, check the dates. These articles were after E3. It was never confirmed that BC was 100% till now.

I still think I remember Kutaragi saying PS3 will "follow the tradition and will be fully BC with all PS1 and PS2" games.

I'll see if I can dig up his exact quote from E3.

I don't think they'll go down the dual SKU route, at least I hope not. But when KK said it won't cost less than 50,000 Yen (around $425) that bodes well for a $399.99 launch price, and perhaps a ?349.99/?299.99 launch in the UK. They'd sell out instantly and cause mass hysteria at that price.

With Sony you have to see it to believe it because they jus build on hype. Although the system does sound good there is still questions about if blu ray will ever make it and if it fails so will ps3. But I hope they stay in the game that way the more competition the better it is for everybody. And I don't think Sony can create a service close to xbox live in a couple months and expect to get it right the first time. They don't have any experience with it.

With Sony you have to see it to believe it because they jus build on hype. Although the system does sound good there is still questions about if blu ray will ever make it and if it fails so will ps3. But I hope they stay in the game that way the more competition the better it is for everybody. And I don't think Sony can create a service close to xbox live in a couple months and expect to get it right the first time. They don't have any experience with it.

Thats why they stole some Microsoft employees who worked on the first Xbox Live. Source: EGM

I'm assuming your lack of response to my other points as conceding them.

As for your offtopic rant, I wont indulge in it. This is not a Sony v Microsoft thread, stop trying to turn it into one.

You didn't have many other valid points to reply to.

And it seems like engadget reported the price announcement too.

http://www.engadget.com/2006/03/15/ps3-nov...deets-revealed/

$425 minimum price.

If I remember correctly, this thread started going off track when you tried to debunk the "XBox just got owned" comment. Honestly, why do you even care that people in the SONY forum are saying things like this? It's not like the entire Sony forum went into the MS forum to say it. It's like going to a Honda forum and trying to convince them that Toyotas are better. Isn't it possible for you to leave at least one PS3 thread intact and clean?

You didn't have many other valid points to reply to.

And that is how ? :D

And it seems like engadget reported the price announcement too.

http://www.engadget.com/2006/03/15/ps3-nov...deets-revealed/

$425 minimum price.

Keyword: minimum. And there is no max, so no definite price was announced. Come back when Sony announces a price. ;)

If I remember correctly, this thread started going off track when you tried to debunk the "XBox just got owned" comment. Honestly, why do you even care that people in the SONY forum are saying things like this? It's not like the entire Sony forum went into the MS forum to say it. It's like going to a Honda forum and trying to convince them that Toyotas are better. Isn't it possible for you to leave at least one PS3 thread intact and clean?

No, it went offtopic went people started the "OMGZ" "OWNED" crap. This is a Sony forum, doesnt mean people can run around flame-baiting. Same goes for Microsoft and other forums too.

I don't think they'll go down the dual SKU route, at least I hope not. But when KK said it won't cost less than 50,000 Yen (around $425) that bodes well for a $399.99 launch price, and perhaps a ?349.99/?299.99 launch in the UK. They'd sell out instantly and cause mass hysteria at that price.

I'd be extremely happy with either of those UK prices. Personally I feel it'll be the latter of ?299, for the console, 1 controller and bundled HDD.

(Just imagine how alienated consumers would feel if you had to buy trequired/i> HDD separately)

Keyword: minimum. And there is no max, so no definite price was announced. Come back when Sony announces a price. ;)

Re-read what jmole wrote. He specifically said LOWEST PRICE MENTIONED in his point. And you wanted a source, so I gave you one. No one said anything about a definite price.

No, it went offtopic went people started the "OMGZ" "OWNED" crap. This is a Sony forum, doesnt mean people can run around flame-baiting. Same goes for Microsoft and other forums too.

Right. So I guess that's why comments like "and PS3 will be launching with Nintendo Revolution, Rev will win in Japan" in the MS forum go virtually unopposed.

Re-read what jmole wrote. He specifically said LOWEST PRICE MENTIONED in his point. And you wanted a source, so I gave you one. No one said anything about a definite price.

I think you should reread what he wrote. ;) He used the "lowest price point" as the sale price of the PS3 with bundled HDD. :rofl: Reading your link, it looks like Kutaragi said that PS3 will not launch below $425 but at the same time didnt say where it will launch either.

Right. So I guess that's why comments like "and PS3 will be launching with Nintendo Revolution, Rev will win in Japan" in the MS forum go virtually unopposed.

I dont frequent MS forum as often, if you find flame-bait report it.

I think you should reread what he wrote. ;) He used the "lowest price point" as the sale price of the PS3 with bundled HDD. :rofl:

Well I guess that's his problem then :laugh:

Although the system does sound good there is still questions about if blu ray will ever make it and if it fails so will ps3.

Nah, it's definitely the other way around. Sony is using the PS3 to make BD popular and eventually the standard HD movie format. On the other hand, what does it matter in the console world if movie studios stop making movies in Blu-ray?