'PS Business Briefing 2006'

Can't wait for more information on the online service!

I'm really hoping they release some price figures on the online service, and hopefully the release price will be around $500 CAD. :D

Actually they have been "owned":

- Developers are told the harddrive is there and to work with it, unlike Xbox360 developers who were told to work without it.

- 100% backwards compatablity with PS1 and PS2 unlike the quasi-Xbox backwards compatability.

- A service that sounds exactly like Live. Worst part is if the free silver lets you play games online and premium is just for extra content, but that has yet to be seen. If playing online turns out being free then watch the sht hit the fan.

- Lowest price mentioned during the conference is close to the Xbox360 premium ($399 vs. ~$425), but you will be getting more in terms of wireless, bluetooth, keyboard/mouse functionality, Linux bundled on the harddrive, blu-ray, HDMI connectivity, ability to use 7 wireless controllers vs. 4, etc.

- 10,000,000 BD-ROMS manufacturing capability per month with same cost around same as 2-layer DVD

- etc. etc.

couldnt of said it better myself :)

- Developers are told the harddrive is there and to work with it, unlike Xbox360 developers who were told to work without it.

- 100% backwards compatablity with PS1 and PS2 unlike the quasi-Xbox backwards compatability.

- A service that sounds exactly like Live. Worst part is if the free silver lets you play games online and premium is just for extra content, but that has yet to be seen. If playing online turns out being free then watch the sht hit the fan.

- Lowest price mentioned during the conference is close to the Xbox360 premium ($399 vs. ~$425), but you will be getting more in terms of wireless, bluetooth, keyboard/mouse functionality, Linux bundled on the harddrive, blu-ray, HDMI connectivity, ability to use 7 wireless controllers vs. 4, etc. If a person is going to spend $399+ for any console they might as well get the one with more features to get more for their money even if they have to spend more.

- 10,000,000 BD-ROMS manufacturing capability per month with same cost around same as 2-layer DVD

- etc. etc.

That's a really good way to put it, but at $425, I wont be an early adopter (unless I can buy a few and sell them on eBay).

That's a really good way to put it, but at $425, I wont be an early adopter (unless I can buy a few and sell them on eBay).

Lol, I wouldn't be an early adopter either, but if you could buy two and sell one on ebay for double the price you would be getting the second one practically for free. I will do it if I know I could positively buy two, maybe I could get a friend involved to go along with me if they limit one per customer.

The Revolution will probably be my first early adoption console ever if it comes in at $200 because that is pretty reasonable.

Lol, I wouldn't be an early adopter either, but if you could buy two and sell one on ebay for double the price you would be getting the second one practically for free. I will do it if I know I could positively buy two, maybe I could get a friend involved to go along with me if they limit one per customer.

The Revolution will probably be my first early adoption console ever if it comes in at $200 because that is pretty reasonable.

hehe, exactly my plan.

If the PS3 comes out in November, I'd be suprised if it came out in 06 in the EU. Look at the PSP, almost a years delay. The PS2 was launched at the beginning of March 00 in Japan then launched at the end of November 00 in the UK, a delay of almost 9 months.

They've already said they won't be doing a worldwide simultaneous release as it's not feasible, what makes you think they're going to release it in the UK at the same time as Japan? There's more reason to believe it will be early 2007, perhaps March 07, in the UK then pre xmas 06.

But still, it's easier to stick in a smily with a few words instead of explaining your reasoning, I understand :)

Actually its quite funny to see some people still in denial. ;)

You know, Sony isn't a person, its a company. Unless you have a significant financial stake in the company your emotional reaction was a sign that you?re a little obsessed with Sony. Some treatments of this are:

• Getting out
  • Playing with a XBOX and realizing, hey, it?s not the end of the world

Bet you guys feel foolish :rolleyes:yes:

- Lowest price mentioned during the conference is close to the Xbox360 premium ($399 vs. ~$425), but you will be getting more in terms of wireless, bluetooth, keyboard/mouse functionality, Linux bundled on the harddrive, blu-ray, HDMI connectivity, ability to use 7 wireless controllers vs. 4, etc. If a person is going to spend $399+ for any console they might as well get the one with more features to get more for their money even if they have to spend more.

- etc. etc.

- Still unsure whether the harddrive will be bundled or not, making users force to buy an accessory to just play games. Typical Sony strategy - screw the consumers. :whistle:

- Didnt we know that since E3? Nothing new here, move along. :D

- Like most of the things announced, too vague to make anything of it. Lets just wait till it becomes a reality instead of fantasizing "**** hitting the fan". Boy, you have some weird fantasies. :rofl:

- I'm not sure about the price, if Ken mentioned it why isnt the media reporting it? I'll wait for something official. :shifty:

- Good for Blu-Ray! :)

- etc. etc.

:)

Bet you guys feel foolish now :rolleyes:

Err, shouldnt you be the one feeling foolish? You were not ready to even believe that Sony was going to delay the PS3. It was the same case with the troll who keeps coming back only to be banned again.

I'm hoping Sony bundles the harddrive with the PS3, it only makes sense from a consumer stand-point, but in reality they'll probably make us buy it seperatly. If you can get the harddrive and atleast 1 year of the good playstation online thing for around $150, it won't be that bad.

Ooh and wireless controllers are a must! :D

- Still unsure whether the harddrive will be bundled or not, making users force to buy an accessory to just play games. Typical Sony strategy - screw the consumers. :whistle:
Lol, Sony screwing costomers?! Your damage control is horrible.

MS: Hey lets allow buggy games with glitches and exploits that make some games unplayable on our system, especially the ones that corrupt save files. Then only way the consumer can fix this is if you buy our $100 harddrive (that we made for $20) that is 30GB, but is already practically full because of system data, so they can download patches from our Xbox Live service.

At least Sony is telling the developers that every system will have a HDD, the one brilliant thing MS did with the original Xbox, but decided to scrap it for the Xbox360. Instead they now have a splintered userbaser and developers who don't know if they should make games use the harddrive or not. If they decide to use the harddrive they will alienate the users who don't have one. And then if they decide not to use the harddrive they may not be developing the game to its fullest potential.

Either use the harddrive or don't use it, don't screw over the userbase and developers.

Edited by jmole

Then it was announced at E3. Some people are trying to twist more positives out of this event.

Ha ha Sony screwing costomers?! Your damage control is horrible.

<offtopic rant snipped>

The damage control is being done by Sony, not me. You are mixing up things, confused as usual. :D

My point is why didnt they say that HDD will be bundled with PS3. In Ken's own words "HDD is a requirement" so HDD will be required to play games. Then why is there so much doubt whether it will or will not be bundled?

PS3 is a game console and it should function as one when bought.

I'm assuming your lack of response to my other points as conceding them.

As for your offtopic rant, I wont indulge in it. This is not a Sony v Microsoft thread, stop trying to turn it into one.

Then it was announced at E3. Some people are trying to twist more positives out of this event.

The damage control is being done by Sony, not me. You are mixing up things, confused as usual. :D

No you were claiming Sony was screwing the customers as usual with your anti-Sony rhetoric, but it is always amusing when you try to play impartial.
My point is why didnt they say that HDD will be bundled with PS3. In Ken's own words "HDD is a requirement" so HDD will be required to play games. Then why is there so much doubt whether it will or will not be bundled?
So what if it is bundled or not or whether people have to buy it separately. The whole point is that it is required.
I'm assuming your lack of response to my other points as conceding them.

As for your offtopic rant, I wont indulge in it.

Your other points at damage control were rediculous and didn't deserve my time. If conceding makes you sleep better at night then more power to you.
This is not a Sony v Microsoft thread, stop trying to turn it into one.
Jesus, instead of backseat modding why not just go into a corner and cry or something. You should report me as you always do for the one millionth time or get another Sony themed thread closed; good luck with that. Edited by jmole

No you were claiming Sony was screwing the customers as usual with your anti-Sony rhetoric, but it is always amusing when you try to play impartial.

Forcing users to buy an expensive accessory to play games is a screwed tactic and you know it. Why dont you accept that? I didnt claim I was impartial, did I? :huh: You are seriously looking for something thats not there.

So what if it is bundled or not or whether people have to buy it separately. The whole point is that it is required.

It is a game console. It should play games out of the box. I dont know if Sony wants to create a new trend where it wont play games out of the box.

Your other points at damage control were rediculous and didn't deserve my time. If conceding makes you sleep better at night then more power to you.

Thats a new way of saying "I concede". I used to sleep well without you conceding to me, so I doubt its going to change. ;)

Jesus, instead of backseat modding why not just go into a corner and cry or something. You should report me as you always do for the one millionth time or get another Sony themed thread closed; good luck with that.

Backseat modding, for calling you out for going offtopic? Oh god next time I should be careful in calling a spade, a spade. Whatever that rocks your boat mate. ;)

Err, shouldnt you be the one feeling foolish? You were not ready to even believe that Sony was going to delay the PS3. It was the same case with the troll who keeps coming back only to be banned again.

Err, no because if you actually read my post you would see that I bolded a part of what Dazzla said and I was referring to that.

I said that PS3 definitely launching in 2007 was a "bunch of crap"...and I was right.

Err, no because if you actually read my post you would see that I bolded a part of what Dazzla said and I was referring to that.

I said that PS3 definitely launching in 2007 was a "bunch of crap"...and I was right.

Like Dazzla said, you could have shared some reasoning instead of resenting it like you did.

If they don't include the hdd with the ps3 that could make the console $500 plus dollars to buy just to play games.

The price could hurt sony in the long run. When its released there will be cheaper options then the ps3.

The 360 will be about $100-$200 dollars cheaper at least (if You use $500 dolalrs as a price for a ps3 and a hdd).

factor in sonys own psp then nintendos revolution and Sony could have some major problems selling the Ps3.

uhh Jerry, what do you mean Sony is screwing customers with Microsoft had a similar stradegy and it more or less worked out for them....

I love how Sony crushed all the rumors about it being $800, coming out in spring of 07, with launch titles not on Blu-Ray, with no HD support and so on and so forth :)

I just read the online features and I think its over for Xbox 360.

The only thing Sony needs to do to nail the coffin is the following.

-Free Online including all features.

-Ship with 60 GB hard drive.

If Sony can do that they Microsoft might as well give up because the PS3 will be superior in every possible way.

Update the price tag is to be kept under $500.

Since they're releasing a whole year after the Xbox 360, pricing will need to be very competitive.

And now that they've announced a confirmed, more accurate, launch window, Microsoft will be prepping their announcement about a drop in price.

Personally, I think this will lead to a sub-$400 price - from what Sony has said today, the PS3 will be very impressive, especially if they bundle it with a HDD. But casual gamers won't see it like that if there a $500 price.

uhh Jerry, what do you mean Sony is screwing customers with Microsoft had a similar stradegy and it more or less worked out for them....

You mean the Core and Premium? Its still a joke, hasnt "worked" as far as I can see. Developers dont like, consumers dont like it.

I love how Sony crushed all the rumors about it being $800, coming out in spring of 07, with launch titles not on Blu-Ray, with no HD support and so on and so forth :)

Sony hasnt said anything about price, did they? I mean official, not my friend heard from a friend type of info. :p

Well since a HD is required it will be bundled with the PS3. You're not going to buy a PS3 then go buy a 2.5" HD. That doesn't make any sense.

As for price, I still think $399.

Well since a HD is required it will be bundled with the PS3. You're not going to buy a PS3 then go buy a 2.5" HD. That doesn't make any sense.

Unless if they plan on selling different size HDs for different prices. Not everyone may feel they need a 60GB HD and rather go with a 30GB or something larger. It's like different size memory card choices, but of course more expensive. Edited by jmole

Unless if they plan on selling different size HDs for different prices.

They've only mentioned a 60GB, so far.

And they would come with Linux preinstall right? I wonder if they'll give you a disc to install Linux for PS3, or if they'll force you to buy Sony's HD with Linux preinstalled...