Amazing Winamp3 skin!

Hey all I just wanted to point out that the skin is still a beta skin.. there is work left to be done on it but it is definitely functional... Any feedback on this skin is appreciated and will help to get the skin completed.

Originally posted by Nowhereman

Hey all I just wanted to point out that the skin is still a beta skin.. there is work left to be done on it but it is definitely functional... Any feedback on this skin is appreciated and will help to get the skin completed.

Nowhereman, thanks for porting this lovely skin but I really like the orinal buttons better. U know what i mean, the shading of the butters were different.

Originally posted by CyberDude

Fonzie, do you know if he can make it for QCD?

No sorry I don't know that. I'm afraid you're going to have to ask him personally via email, ICQ or MSN. If you download the skin there's some contact information for you.

Originally posted by King Mustard

Too small, doesn't show enough information

True, it is quite small, but besides that it looks so cool and kicks ass.

Wonder if a large version is in the works? ;)

Nowhereman, the concept is good, the beta is even better!! :D:D

I'm running 1024x768 resolution and the skin is one of the more medium sized ones for me. I usually like skins that take more horizontal space than vertical space, but hey it works here.

Suggestions:

1. It'd be great if you could have a minimal version that keeps the oversized buttons, which I believe is the greatest part aside from the visuals. I hate skins that make you search for the buttons.

2. Winamp3's action scripts allow for great animations and I think you should use this if you can. (Never tried making a wa3 skin, myself.) Perhaps make the playlist come out from the right side and the equalizer from the left as you have positioned the buttons that way.

Problems:

As for the current incarnation, there are a few things you should look into.

1. I have always had problems with the volume "knob" in wa3 skins. For some reason, (perhaps the scripting) they don't 0emulate intuitive behaviour. In your skin, I expect to be able to drag the bars up and down, but up doesn't seem to behave very well. I would sometime click on the larger bar thinking that would give me a boost in volume, but again it doesn't quite do that. (try making the volume max, then click on the 3rd bar a few times to see what happens and then click on the 4th bar a few times. It's counterintuitive, seemingly to the opposite of what I want.)

Oh yeah, if you could get the volume to be controlled via scroll wheel, that'd be great. I know Act3Scene2prototype implements this.

2. The song text is not very clear. Perhaps a better suited font can replace the current one at that size.

Originally posted by mimeryme

Nowhereman, the concept is good, the beta is even better!! :D:D

I think everyone is forgetting that this skin was created by Sasha from www.rad-e8.com for Apples's Audion player and Nowhereman is just porting it over for Winamp.

Y5.2.jpg