Amazing Winamp3 skin!

Originally posted by nysaga

I think everyone is forgetting that this skin was created by Sasha from www.rad-e8.com for Apples's Audion player and Nowhereman is just porting it over for Winamp.

http://www.panic.com/audion/gallery/previews/Y5.2.jpg

Actually it's not a port... it's as close as can be to a port but I did not set out to make it exact.. I liked the Y5.2 skin and wanted something like it for winamp... the skin was originally just something I started for myself but it seems to be snowballing quickly as people see the screens.

But yes.. everyone does need to recognize the excellent work Sascha has done on the Y5.2 skin wihout which Ws-1 would not exist at all.

Update.. the problem with the volume has been fixed. There was a problem with the documentation the script author supplied.

Have also included an icon for any who want it.

I am currently working on an EQ and plan to do the playlist and a minimized version as well.. I will keep you all updated as things progress..

You can download the updated file here.

Keep the feedback coming it helps to keep me motivated.

Originally posted by umes

This is the BEST wa3 skin, just one comment, the screen itself doesnt have the best colours scheme, something a bit more like the rade8 skin would be better in my opinion.

umes

I disagree with you on this. I've been beta testing this skin since the beginning (Thanks Nowhereman) and if you position the skin besides Sashas preview pic, Nowheremans new skin is much more brilliant.

Maybe some of you guys need to adjust your monitors.

Originally posted by umes

This is the BEST wa3 skin, just one comment, the screen itself doesnt have the best colours scheme, something a bit more like the rade8 skin would be better in my opinion.

umes

i agree with you about the color/shading of the original being better. I like the translucent look to the buttons and everything but I don't know of Nowhereman can duplicate this effect. But good job nonetheless on what's he done.

Originally posted by nysaga

i agree with you about the color/shading of the original being better. I like the translucent look to the buttons and everything but I don't know of Nowhereman can duplicate this effect. But good job nonetheless on what's he done.

I had originally done the screen like in the Y5.2 skin but was aked by a friend to see a version with a blue LCD... I did it and liked the result so kept it... at this point I don't have any plans to go back to the original coloring, but who knows in the future I might.

Originally posted by Nowhereman

.. everyone does need to recognize the excellent work Sascha has done on the Y5.2 skin wihout which Ws-1 would not exist at all.

this is my fault for being ignorant of the mac skinning scene. didn't mean to disrespect Sascha.

but i do agree with deadzombie. the color scheme Nowhereman uses is much better. the blue display is fab and the black speaker type things (i don't know what it is exactly) provides great contrast. i also prefer the spherical buttons.

Nowhereman: i donwloaded the update, but still have the same problems with the volume.

i wonder about everyone else.

edit: different color lcd's would be great for variations. red, orange, green, negative black....

For anyone who still cares. I have just posted an update to the WS-1 skin.

You can download the update here

What's New?

1. Fixed some minor layout problems.

2. Added clock script to player when no song playing.

3. Added menu to scale and adjust the opacity of the skin.

4. Added resizer (Grab lower right corner of visible skin)

5. EQ Skinned! you can also scale and adjust the opacity.

6. Added a Start up animation.

Skinned playlist is coming next!

Screenshot!

ws-1shot.jpg

As usual give me your feedback, let me know if anything is wrong.. if you like it.. or if you think it sucks.. thanks.

We are attempting to clear up the Main CustomisingXP forum, since things like Trillian, winamp, WindowsMedia Player etc skins can all be used on multiple platforms, we dont feel its sensible to have it simply in the windowsxp customisation forum.

So from now on, please post your skin, designs, requests, or whatever, issues, or helpful tips, whatever in relation to things like that in this forum, so we can keep the main CustomisingXP forum, for just that, customisingXP.

I notice there is also a thread of this skin in this forum already, please do not make multiple posts, int he same forum or other forums, on the same topic.

Thankyou.

I felt I need to restate this due to a discussion I just found over at the Winamp community forum.

THIS IS NOT A PORT BUT A SKIN INSPIRED BY SASCHA HOEHNE'S Y5.2 SKIN FOR AUDION.

There.. now I have said this before, but it seems to have gone unnoticed. This skin was never intended to be a port of the original skin. I merely wanted a skin like Y5.2 and this is the result.

If anyone has any questions regarding this, please contact me by email or through messenger or ICQ the info can be found in my profile.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...