Enamel Navy DS Lite

Dazzla,

One thing I can't recall you mentioning; does the fact that the GBA carts stick out annoy you? I would assume that it doesn't, but you never know. Also, is the DS Lite a lot more comfortable too hold? The original DS was far too top heavy, IMO.

I've not got any GBA games so I couldn't comment, but from watching the Cabel video review I'm not sure that it'll bother me. You hold the DS in such a way that the cart wouldn't get in your way, it just wouldn't look nice.

Off Topic:

I'm 21 and I love playing games in my leisure so I suggest you keep your narrow-minded comments to yourself, Seriously why do you care how old he is?

"Z0MFG UR t00 YUNG T0 B33H 0N NE0W1N 0R T3H 1NT3RWAB"

Putting an age limit on something in most cases is unfair and just being plain judgemental.

OMG WTF H4XN ILL ROXEN YUR BOXEN!

Man, and you say that I'm too young to be on the internet? Grow a pair and calm down. I guess I didn't clarify in my first post- I was talking about certain games he has (ie- the Animal one), not the whole concept of playing games. I do play games in my free time, so you didn't get me there. :shifty: I'm very sorry for any confusion I might have caused. And to Dazzla- Great review and I"m sorry if I mad you angry or anything. :blush:

Yeah, Animal Crossing is a dubious one. I'm still not convinced by it to be honest. I see threads on it hundreds of pages long on gaming forums with loads and loads of people engrossed in it, especially with it being online and being able to visit everyone's towns etc. I've not hit that level yet so it's gotta convince me otherwise it's on its way out. Mario Kart is, well, Mario Kart; gotta be done especially as it's online. Age of Empires and Advance Wars are just because I love strategy games.

But as you can tell, I'm against the whole "games have an maximum age limit" thing ;)

Besides, when I'm fed up of the sickly sweet Animal Crossing I just jump onto the 360 and play a bit of GRAW :D

Awesome pics Dazzla, I'm still debating whether or not to replace my original DS with one of the Lites.

As far as the whole age and video games debate goes, I plan on playing whatever video games suit my fancy until mental illness, or other problems prevent me from doing so at an old age; at which point I will end my life :)

Awesome pics Dazzla, I'm still debating whether or not to replace my original DS with one of the Lites.

As far as the whole age and video games debate goes, I plan on playing whatever video games suit my fancy until mental illness, or other problems prevent me from doing so at an old age; at which point I will end my life :)

If you can get a good price from selling your current DS, I would say go with the Lite. Everything about it is just better; a better backlight, much more comfortable and a bigger stylus. I would say it's worth it's worth the price, but I'd still wait for a drop in the import price.

Anyone know when the LIte is coming out in the US?

Dazzla, thanks!

Tetris, and Metroid Prime are nice. THe new Zelda vid is a killer app for me, I will buy one right away!!

Anyone know when the LIte is coming out in the US?

Dazzla, thanks!

Tetris, and Metroid Prime are nice. THe new Zelda vid is a killer app for me, I will buy one right away!!

There is no official release date, but it's rumored that the Lite will hit NA shores on May 7, to be bundled with the release of New Super Mario Bros.

I finally got my "Ice Blue" DS Lite at a local game shop in Singapore. I might write my own review in the future but I'll post a batch of pics in this thread first.

You don't really need to remind me how ugly this color is, because I hate this color too and this was the only thing available at the moment. Oh well.. who cares about the color..... I do... T_T

ndsl10hg.jpg

ndsl21dw.jpg

ndsl30om.jpg

ndsl42bn.jpg

And wow, the screen really is amazing. >_< I bought Mario Kart and Mario 64 with it, and Mario Kart is the bomb! (as in good bomb -_-;; )

Just ordered my Crystal White DS Lite from YesAsia.com a few days ago, they shipped it yesterday, so I'll probably have it by Thursday or Friday (in theory it's suppose arrive tomorrow) :) .... I hope (it's DHL 1-2 Days :/)

I wish they would make a revision of the regular DS, but with the new screen. The regular DS is already small enough for me. Actually I have a case that adds about 1cm to each side while playing, and it makes it soooo much more comfortable and eliminates hand cramps. I can't see a smaller one being any more comfortable when they didn't really change the erganomics and the regular one is already so small it cramps your hands. A regular DS with the new screens would be ace.

/me agrees :no:

And, no offence Dazzla, but you’re 23?!? They should put some kind of age limit on those things… :unsure:

Why would they? I am not a gamer myself but I can understand that people - regardless of their age - enjoy gaming. Luckily I have two cars on my driveway - one for me, the other for my wife - but when you have to take public transport it must be freakin' nice to have the ability to get a handheld out en cut down time that way.

They should put an older age at the registration process because your comment is far from grownup.

-James

**EDIT**

I must have read over your second post. I take my words back, it was a misunderstand from my side aswell. *handshake*

I recieved the Crystal White DS Lite today, since I missed the delivery yesterday :/ At first, I thought it was a bit cramped and that the buttons were just too soft or spongy.

However, after having played for a few minutes, I found that my hands were covering less of the DS surface area, leading to a more spacious and comfortable feeling, like the original DS. Later, I adapted to the soft feel of the buttons and tight triggers, and the DS Lite was fine :)

I also should note, that on the Crystal White DS Lite cover, fingerprints don't seem to be visible at all!

I think I am going to wait till I see it in stores to make my final decision. The GBA cartridges sticking out kind of bothers me since I still have many GBA games to play. :/

Then again the added comfort, brightness of the screens and light weight could win me over :p

If I was to purchase a Crystal White DS Lite from Lik-Sang ($199.99), does anyone know about how long it would take before it was shipped? I believe they are still back-ordered at the moment.

If I was to purchase a Crystal White DS Lite from Lik-Sang ($199.99), does anyone know about how long it would take before it was shipped? I believe they are still back-ordered at the moment.

They'll probably ship yours in two months :/ I don't even know if they have even shipped the very first people yet. If you want to spend the extra cash, then check out yes asia or some of the other sites, since they'll ship right away.

Damn... I might end up spending $300 on YesAsia, then, if they really are shipping right away. Or else I'll just wait for the NA release, and get it for about $150 (estimated.)

Damn... I might end up spending $300 on YesAsia, then, if they really are shipping right away. Or else I'll just wait for the NA release, and get it for about $150 (estimated.)

I heard that it is going to be $130 in the NA packed with the new Super Mario Bros game.

Too late. I just ordered a Navy Blue one for myself from Play-Asia.com for the cheapest I've been able to find it, $199.90. I paid for fast shipping, so hopefully I'll get it in a week or so.

Too late. I just ordered a Navy Blue one for myself from Play-Asia.com for the cheapest I've been able to find it, $199.90. I paid for fast shipping, so hopefully I'll get it in a week or so.

Congrats (Y)

Enamel Navy is the second best color choice to Crystal White. Ice Blue is horrid :x

Congrats (Y)

Enamel Navy is the second best color choice to Crystal White. Ice Blue is horrid :x

I agree. I would have loved to see a black casing, or a dark red one.