Need Help in Buying Printer for Photos

What is it the best printer that money can buy right now. Is it the Epson 2400? Or Canon IP8500, is there going to be an upgrade between these 2? I have currently the Epson 2200 and it crapped out on me, so looking in that range.

Thanks.

Your looking at the wrong brand names for household photo printers.. HP has released a new inking system which actually works as a pigment and gets fed through tubing onto the paper.. Not to mention, the inks are cheaper then any other ink on the market and print the same amount per cartridge as others do. I work at Office Depot, and this is the only photoprinter on our shelves that sells itself more then we sell it.

HP Photosmart 8250

There may be a newer model number in that series, but this thing is beautiful for up to 8x11 photo printing.. Also, try stay away from the tricolor inks if you did not know.

Ok thanks for the reply denominator. I have ordered the epson 2400 as my next printer and should be here Wednesday. I went to alot of photography sites and this is the printer they all recommend.

Ok thanks for the reply denominator. I have ordered the epson 2400 as my next printer and should be here Wednesday. I went to alot of photography sites and this is the printer they all recommend.
tell us what you think on the quality!

Excellent choice going with the 2400, the print quality is amazing, I've used it on many occasions.

I am just curious, on how anyone could think the 8250 from HP even remotely prints a decent quality photo. The colors are WAY off balance, and the resolution is awful. Its not a bad print for someone looking for a fast basic print, but certainly not for anyone seeking a high quality print. I've come to expect that kind of response from the retail enviornment though, as the employees are either fed garbage from HP reps, or haven't seen it up against something that looks good.

I do like the prints that came out of the canon you mentioned, but they pale in comparison to the 2400. You won't be disappointed.

Thanks for the reply Quantum, I got my epson today and I will be testing out tomorrow when I have more time. And as for knocking retail sales people I am a sales person at Staples lol. But its true every rep from every company promotes as they are the best but they have too. Its up to the individual to take the information they provide and stack it up against the competition and make their own judgement.