"Neowin - Yesterdays news, today!" - Digg.com

Lord, I posted the "news" the other day. It was 2 weeks old and not 3 weeks old for a start and most hadn't seen it and we hadn't posted it main page. 2 weeks is hardly old if you ask me and it was a topic worth covering

Our news is fine, there haven't been that many major tech news stories of the past couple of weeks anyway. We will be covering WinHEC 2006 like always and will provide video footage, audio podcasts, interviews and great pictures like always.

People need to realise that we're not here to compete with Digg.com, this is a prime example of how Digg.com is flawed as it takes "news" like this and allows it to get posted!

Well said :yes:

So... the news is like 4 hours later than a few other places.... who cares. This is clearly the biggest and best site for computer geeks and geekeses.

I use neowin as a main source of news, even if it is a few days out, it doesn't matter to me, as long as it is relavent in my opinion it is ok

Neowins news has always been a few days out of sync, but who cares. Awesome community!

Up to date news can be found at theregister, slashdot, engadget, macrumors, tuaw etc.

Dougal.

Who cares.

It's the forum and the community that count!

Exactly!

And anyways, if the news is late I really don't care; as long as it gets to me. And at neowin, it usually does :) Did anyone read the first comment to the article :p

Digg.com - where children can write the articles!

Hey! Relax. At least those articles get quickly buried to the non-existant. Otherwise, why not just get your news from Digg/Newsvine/Cnet/.... and then use the Neowin forum.

I don't mind neowin news being abit late. Doesn't harm me in anyway..

If i was really that picky I'd go look on another news site..

I'm mainly here to share the love in this great community :happy: :rofl:

Never looked at digg before but can tell you one thing - Neowin doesnt make you watch a full browser advert before you can view the bloody news!

I like Neowin the way it is thanks.. who cares if the news is a day behind! The forums are always up to date and thats where I spend most of my time anyway!

It's a cry for attention, "I got banned so i'm going to whine about it on my blog and submit it to sites to try to get visitors who will click my ads" (that's if he does have ad's of course.)

Never looked at digg before but can tell you one thing - Neowin doesnt make you watch a full browser advert before you can view the bloody news!

And luckily neither does digg.

It's not like I sit at my PC all day hitting 'Reload All Tabs' every 2 minutes with 12 tech sites open. Just wait until I get an RSS alert via email, or check out my RSS via WAP at work.

At the end of the day the news is pretty good, and the community is better than a lot.

'Tis funny how the guy needed to post nearly 4,000 times and get banned before deciding he didn't like the site...

• 2 weeks later...

Just some tard that was banned. Been here for a while now, corpsegrinder talked me into registering on the forums a while back. I remember when it wasnt a deluge of posts to read every day.

Well although he's a dumbass some of the things he had to say were kind of true

Neowin was cool back when XP first launched. Back then they still had balls. Now, the place is like a neutered AOL chatroom full of douchebag mods and effeminate little girls looking for dating advice or how they should streak their hair. The place is a joke.

everything in that quote is true..except for the mods part ofcourse :p (please dont ban me)

yeah.. let's listen to digg.com.. a one hit wonder website, and all it has is other members posting random news, videos, and other random junk.

Well although he's a dumbass some of the things he had to say were kind of true

everything in that quote is true..except for the mods part ofcourse :p (please dont ban me)

i have never read any thread about girls wanting to brush their hair on here.. as for the mods, everyone who gets a warning seems to have something against them.. do you see a pattern here? people cry because they don't care to read the rules and get a warning, and throw hatred towards a web site.

yeah.. let's listen to digg.com.. a one hit wonder website, and all it has is other members posting random news, videos, and other random junk.

i have never read any thread about girls wanting to brush their hair on here.. as for the mods, everyone who gets a warning seems to have something against them.. do you see a pattern here? people cry because they don't care to read the rules and get a warning, and throw hatred towards a web site.

Head over to the wallpaper board and see how much the copyright rules are enforced. I know a guy who was banned for reporting copyright violations.

Head over to the wallpaper board and see how much the copyright rules are enforced. I know a guy who was banned for reporting copyright violations.

I kind of doubt it but OK.

I know a guy who was banned for reporting copyright violations.

I know a guy who was banned for having multiple accounts, namely you.

I await your story on Digg.com.

Radish?

I don't know why anyone here would bash Digg.com...

I would say 75% of the news postings in BackPage news came from a Neowin member seeing it on Digg first.

Those of you who bash it obviously don't understand it or visit it very often. A news story doesn't make it to the frontpage unless enough members Digg that article first.

It has TONS of features, and even gives each member their own RSS feed for articles they like to share with friends.

Also, not that this matters to some, but just an FYI:

Digg: Traffic Rank for Digg.com: 355

Neowin.net: Traffic Rank for neowin.net: 5,512

Digg is about 2 years old and is already one of the most popular sites in the world...obviously they are doing something right.

I'm a person who is not very picky with things. I can live with not having a lot of things except the bare essentials. I guess this is also true with how I handle news here. For me, I don't care if it's faster or slower than other sites. All I care is that I at least have a chance to read it and evaluate its contents.

Neowin for me has been quite good and I have only had a few bad experiences. The community and the forum is also a plus for me so no complaints there. I do however feel it is wrong to comment badly on another news site such as Digg.com as they've also helped in shapping the IT community as it is. Why not just complement each other and be happy? I mean, a little cooperation never hurt anyone.

PSG22

I know a guy who was banned for having multiple accounts, namely you.

I await your story on Digg.com.

Radish?

oh man! you sure showed him!