Vista Icons Pack v2.0 Ultimate - System Patch

I've run the system patcher, and it seemed to do everything fine. However, when it restarted my machine, everything still looked like XP. I ran the Rebuild Icon Cache - Still no luck. Ran the repair, still no luck! What am I doing wrong?

Zoom7000

I've run the system patcher, and it seemed to do everything fine. However, when it restarted my machine, everything still looked like XP. I ran the Rebuild Icon Cache - Still no luck. Ran the repair, still no luck! What am I doing wrong?

Zoom7000

Did you read Licence agreement before installing? You must run it in Safe mode, do you?

Is this suitable for french versions of XP ?

Sure! It only patches icons, and they're in every XP language the same. Proved by me on a Dutch system.

Great installer, mate! :D

I only would like to see the explorer bar and the wireless network icons patched. Maybe you could create a nice GUI for the installer too, so less experienced users could patch their icons too? :)

EDIT: Omfg that's the sleekest WMP10 taskbar controller I've ever seen! :o Fantastic!

Edited by Mattike

Did you read Licence agreement before installing? You must run it in Safe mode, do you?

Thanks, I knew I was probably doing something stupid. Just a quick question...

I thought My Documents looked like this:

post-40273-1143466109.png

As opposed to this:

post-40273-1143466152.png

Is that the new official icon?

I thought My Documents looked like this:

As opposed to this:

Is that the new official icon?

Yes, it is. Try to see screenshots of latest builds 5270, 5308, 5342...

This is great! Thankyou.

Howver, I have to points:

1) The my documents, my pictures etc icons are not the same as in vista.

2) The icon used in the premanently delete files dialogue box is patched incorrectly. It uses the same icon as the "delete files to recycle bin" dialogue box, and its confusing.

My biggest concernwith something like is, that when you go to uninstall it does it leave unnesscery files, and also does it uninstall everything and not leave things behind?

Because I tried the vista pack from jojoey and when I went to uninstall it, it had cause problems with some icons, such as My Documents. I had followed his instructions but to no avail. Thanks. =D

My biggest concernwith something like is, that when you go to uninstall it does it leave unnesscery files, and also does it uninstall everything and not leave things behind?

Because I tried the vista pack from jojoey and when I went to uninstall it, it had cause problems with some icons, such as My Documents. I had followed his instructions but to no avail. Thanks. =D

Uninstall will back-up every system file to previous (before VIPv2 installing) stage and delete Patcher's files. If have fear for your OS, so just create System Restore Point before installing, then uninstall if you will have something wrong just restore Windows.

Uninstall will back-up every system file to previous (before VIPv2 installing) stage and delete Patcher's files. If have fear for your OS, so just create System Restore Point before installing, then uninstall if you will have something wrong just restore Windows.

Ok thanks. I'm using it right now, I love it. Great job. =)

sorry for the dumb question...

but how do you use it?

how do you patch it?

i download the zip file and it contains 2 files, an .icl and a .iconpackage file

how do i patch it?

can someone give me a clue?

thank you very much

or did i download the wrong file?

This is great! Thankyou.

Howver, I have to points:

1) The my documents, my pictures etc icons are not the same as in vista.

2) The icon used in the premanently delete files dialogue box is patched incorrectly. It uses the same icon as the "delete files to recycle bin" dialogue box, and its confusing.

1) Icon of My Documents is from Windows Vista 100%. Icons My Pictures and My Videos was created by myself, cause Vista have one folder called My Pictures and Videos, so just one icon

2) The same icon, because in Vista this dialog use this icon too. Confusing because of Windows XP standard dialogue. Look at this dialogue b8 patching and you will see it is confused too.

Yes, it is. Try to see screenshots of latest builds 5270, 5308, 5342...

I don't seem to follow. I remember these "blue stack" icons only being for the "shared folders" [ which I currently can't find in 5342, or in 5308 either..] :huh:

This is a shot from 5342 - See, both the start-menu icon as well as the shorcut icon are the "usual Documents folder" we've all either come to love and/or hate :yes:

I have yet, from 4074 right up until now, to see the "blue stack" icons actually utilized. I recognize they're in the imageres.dll file, but its not actually being used. :no:

I don't seem to follow. I remember these "blue stack" icons only being for the "shared folders" [ which I currently can't find in 5342, or in 5308 either..] :huh:

As I remember it was for My Docs, not for Shared.

I have yet, from 4074 right up until now, to see the "blue stack" icons actually utilized. I recognize they're in the imageres.dll file, but its not actually being used. :no:

I really like this bloue-glass icons for Docs, Pics and Vids, so ,I think, I will use it as default... You can replace these icons using Restorator (ResHacker) in system files Mydocs.dll and Shell32.dll in C:\Windows\System32

fisherman909, I haven't Build 5342, please say: Are any new icons in this build, which are differ from VIPv2 ?

launcher5lr.jpgsnipgallery9lk.jpgcapture17nd.jpg

Kudesnick/Stassen, those are a few new icons I can think of - Photo Gallery's been updated, Ultimate Extras now has an icon, and the snipping tool (just added in this build) has its own icon. Additionally, the networking icon and sound icon continue to be rebuffed with each release, see the current ones in the shot.

Also, where did you see the blue "stack" icons used? Like, which build? I'm fine with your preference, but just wondering...

And to the guy saying Virtual Folders are dead, try to read up and listen. They're now entitled "Search folders"; aren't gone, and are perfectly as functional as ever. MS just doesn't play them up as much.

[Edit -- whoops, Neowin's forums didn't quite take my images for upload :s]

Edited by fisherman909