Canon PowerShot S3 IS

Im thinking of buying this to replace my Canon S500. I need something more advance than my S500, its too easy and boring now, its a great camera, but i need something that bit better, well in this case, alot better. I dont want to go for a DSLR, since i still want something portable, so i've been looking at the Canon PowerShot S3 IS, which i can get for about ?320:))

I've read about it on that dpreview site and it seems like an awesome camera. Anyone care to give me there personal views on it? or recommend me a camera by a different brand but keeping it in the same price area?

http://www.canon.co.uk/For_Home/Product_Fi...ePageID=26181#1

Thanks

Edited by saxondale.

and plus i dont have the money to get lenses, and it will be harder to take them into concerts without it breaking or getting it taken off me

The closest i've used to that is the Powershot G5, i was quite impressed with it for sure.

As you say without having some of the capabilities of an SLR it is a great allrounder, and probably more suited to what you want that an SLR, which as you quite rightly say is bulkier and you can sometimes be limited by the lenses if you want different types of shots without lugging different lenses round, nevermind the cost.

Quite impressed that it's got an image stabilizer aswell.

I think you'd be more than happy with it.

(Y):)

Would love to see some of the gig shots you get though, stick em in the monthly photography thread when you do!

If i do get it, i will hopefully be getting into the photography area at gigs so i can take time to shoot :)

I own a Powershot S2 IS, very similar to your camera you are looking at.. its a great camera.. I'm loving the video ability in mine. The camera takes pictures QUICK. I love the optical zoom too and the fold out LCD.

it was just a thought since it wasn't that much of a price difference

yeah I agree and this is one of the many reasons why ppl buy Nikon D50 instead of other DSLR