Revolution to launch with 20 titles?

Gamefront.de is reporting that Nintendo's Senior Vice President of Marketing and Elaborate Pie Charts, George Harrison, has stated (via an upcoming issue of Game Informer) that the Revolution will launch later this year with 20 games, a third of which will be Nintendo first-party titles. While that doesn't seem like an unlikely number, there are several reasons to be cautious about this somewhat vacuous information.

Nintendo, much like Microsoft, has made a distinction in the past between launch day and launch window, a sneaky marketing move which often renders gamers unsure as to whether or not a game will be available on the day of the console launch or within the first few weeks of the new machine hitting stores. The difference between getting 20 games on launch day and getting 20 within the launch window (however long that is) is a fairly large one.

The other point of interest revolves around the Virtual Console. If one considers a selection of Nintendo classics to be launch games (and why shouldn't you when the Xbox 360 launched with a bunch of current-gen ports?), surely the launch tally would be much, much higher than 20. A likely explanation is that Harrison was only referring to brand new Revolution titles (excluding Twilight Princess, of course), in which case 20 is more than enough to make us forget the Gamecube's meager launch selection.

http://www.revolutionfanboy.com/2006/04/08...with-20-titles/

freaking kool, but i'll still wait till I play the system to get it. I'm still going to get it because I'm 120% sure that i'm not going to afford the ps3.

• 2 weeks later...

Who cares...wouldnt it be cool just playing the old titles...Love to play super metroid, mario kart...etc...etc...

Will be willing to wait for new titles.

I'd buy it if they didn't have ANY launch titles. I still have GC games, and the virtual console will most likely get more play from me than new Rev games. :p

True, although old classics do eventually get a little tiresome, by then you want new games. Then again, I'm the kind of gamer that goes through spurts of various games. 1 month, I may go crazy playing Legend of Zelda, but the next I won't even touch it, and I'll be playing Mario Kart.

True, although old classics do eventually get a little tiresome, by then you want new games. Then again, I'm the kind of gamer that goes through spurts of various games. 1 month, I may go crazy playing Legend of Zelda, but the next I won't even touch it, and I'll be playing Mario Kart.

yup me too... :)