Possession Photographers

my english might be not good enough to interpret "possession" right but what the hell does a possession-photographer take photos of?!

erm... so if you... shoot a girl holding her teddy in her army with the focus on her arms hugging that piece of possession you would call it "possession-shot"?

i am darn sure that there isnt any photographer our especially doing that. but in a way every reallife- or lifestyle-photographer does that. in a way even the fashion-guys.

dont know, sorry, i am not a help.

erm... so if you... shoot a girl holding her teddy in her army with the focus on her arms hugging that piece of possession you would call it "possession-shot"?

Yer that stuff, i have two at the moment:

Elliot Erwitt & William Wegman

well okay those guys maybe, but actually they are some kind of portrait-photogaphers setting up a connection between the main subject and something he or she owns...

look around in the portrait-area. you will defenately find some photographers.

and also dont debar deviantart. jeni tapanila or chris weeks are some kind of celebs in the photographic szene or thomas van schreck, who are just exposing their art there.

oh look at the "living"-series by my fav. jeff wall. "living" or something like that. pretty well known, actually.

he rented some flat and gave it to some women after telling her to live like it was her own. after some time he came back without announcing and took photographs.

could be falling under "possession-photography" aswell.

Edited by redmosquito