• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

"High and Tight" Haircut -- what size clips?

t_bonerman02    0

think of it this way then: skinheads... haircut of choice is the H&T; military... haircut of choice is the H&T

the next comment works both ways...

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, it must be a duck.

people see the H&T and immediately think one or the other, and either way, the combination of those two groups of people is disgusting

to gadean:

yeah, my dad is a 59 radar instructor. you must really be gung ho if you had a blast in the stumps lol

Ayepecks    117

Honestly, I don't think I've ever percieved someone who has H&T that way. I think you're digging too deep for that. I thank the military for all their services, but it's just a haircut... why can't other people have it? That's all I'm saying.

curme    31

That Marine kid is hilarious! "Don't use my haircut! I'm special!" :laugh:

When I wore a high and tight, I had skin on the sides and a one, two, or theee on top, depending on my mood.

shockz    5,448

It's an insult to us to see a nasty civilian

Are you kidding me? Wow.

C*Dog    0

As a US Marine I get angry when I see civilians with a military regulation haircut. Our way of living shouldn't be a fashion statement. Especially for those who have no idea what we go through on a day to day basis. It's an insult to us to see a nasty civilian walking around immitating something they are not. (and yes, just about any good Marine can point you out a mile away)

However, if you must know, it's 0 on the sides (not bare skin as someone previously mentioned. It's supposed to look like stubble) and up to 3" on the top without a fade. In order to maintain my military appearance I get my haircut at least once a week but I try and get it every 4 days.

Sir, who, if your truely are a Marine, do you represent?

Sir, who do you defend with your life?

There are men in this country who can not be Marines or any Armed forces.

You Sir, are way out of line!

Not only does your attitude show disrespect for the American people (nasty civilian) much more so to the Marine Corps.

MightyDave    0

Wow, ignorant people really make alot of noise...

First of all that haircut was invented before the birth of Jesus. The roman military were the first to wear it has a group. They would cut their hair that way because the helmets they wore were very hot in the sun and this haircut would allow them to keep a cool head. The marines never invented this haircut.

Also, this haircut does not represent the marines in any way. It is also presently worn by almost every soldier in almost any army in the world, so it's not exclusive to the marines. Another place were this haircut is a standard : mental institutions, orphanages and russian prisons. It's a practical haircut, nothing to do with style, statements of any kind or aestetics. That crazy guy probably thinks construction workers copy the marines because they wear steel toe boots.

If you are in the marines and do not respect civilians, free speech and basic rights, you are not in the marines for the right reasons. You are an ignorant gorilla with a gun, you are what is called a poser, and that is a real insult to what the marines stand for.

Dave.

Merter    0

Wow, ignorant people really make alot of noise...

First of all that haircut was invented before the birth of Jesus. The roman military were the first to wear it has a group. They would cut their hair that way because the helmets they wore were very hot in the sun and this haircut would allow them to keep a cool head. The marines never invented this haircut.

Also, this haircut does not represent the marines in any way. It is also presently worn by almost every soldier in almost any army in the world, so it's not exclusive to the marines. Another place were this haircut is a standard : mental institutions, orphanages and russian prisons. It's a practical haircut, nothing to do with style, statements of any kind or aestetics. That crazy guy probably thinks construction workers copy the marines because they wear steel toe boots.

If you are in the marines and do not respect civilians, free speech and basic rights, you are not in the marines for the right reasons. You are an ignorant gorilla with a gun, you are what is called a poser, and that is a real insult to what the marines stand for.

Dave.

Did I miss something... or is this just a random outburst...

If so... check out your nearest Psych ward matey, you got issues :whistle: :shifty:

Fred Derf    217

Did I miss something... or is this just a random outburst...

If so... check out your nearest Psych ward matey, you got issues :whistle: :shifty:

You missed something. Try reading the thread.

Someone doesn't want nasty civilians looking like soldiers.

arinthel    0
As a US Marine I get angry when I see civilians with a military regulation haircut. Our way of living shouldn't be a fashion statement. Especially for those who have no idea what we go through on a day to day basis. It's an insult to us to see a nasty civilian walking around immitating something they are not. (and yes, just about any good Marine can point you out a mile away)

So a civilian wearing a haircut that fits into military regulations constitutes them attempting to make the military a fashion statement?

We wear sneakers while running in the military. Perhaps people who wear sneakers are trying to copy us? The military issues recruits thick glasses. Obviously, anyone who wears thick plastic sport glasses is trying to make a fashion statement out of the military lifestyle. What about busboys, airline pilots, etc? Many of those jobs have uniforms resembling those found in the military, military schools, etc. Are they all trying to make a "fashion statment" out of the military lifestyle?. Or what about people who like to make their bed with hospital corners, keep their room neat, wear pants/t-shirt/socks that match the color of a military uniform, shave their face every day, stand up straight while walking? Is anyone who does any of those things insulting and degrading your "military lifestyle"?

The answer is no. So would ya kindly realize that every so often a civilian's dress or manner will happen to co-incide with what military people look like, and buzz off?

Bawx    0

However, if you must know, it's 0 on the sides (not bare skin as someone previously mentioned. It's supposed to look like stubble) and up to 3" on the top without a fade. In order to maintain my military appearance I get my haircut at least once a week but I try and get it every 4 days.

That sounds pretty ridiculous and cocky. Imitation is the highest form of flattery. You're wait out of line on this subject.

James7    659

If you can hear me way back there in 2006, I agree that you are acting like you own that haircut when of course no one can own a haircut lol.

Allan    33

I guess even though I wear a uniform, and I "Serve and Protect" my building, and I have a cropped haircut, I'm a "nasty civ"?

I find your attitude very discouraging. In the Security, Police and Canadian Army Cadets, you, the people with chips on their shoulder, who join just to have "power" are called power trippers. Why don't you go back to your hole you crawled from and stop giving the Men and Women from around the world who Serve and Protect and put their lives on the line (not somthing I do, but I serve a purpose by doing a job the Police don't have to...) a bad name.

Edit: I should point out, I usualy do metal-on-skin shave (i.e. I don't use a guard when I use my razor)

Trong    3

Sorry that I can't help but there sure is a bunch of "Resident One Post Wonders" in here.

John S.    359

don't resurrect year-old threads

thread closed