The American Flag Comes Second

I think some are missing the point it has nothing to do with the flag laws. Its more like me ****ing on your door step then coming in and saying "I'll take the bedroom upstairs on the left"

malkin2.gif

Holy **** that's awesome!!

:rofl:

How frickin' clueless are you?

The US Armed Forces have bases in other countries AT THE INVITATION AND PLEASURE OF THE HOST NATION, to provide for rapid response of US Forces to assist OTHER NATIONS in times of war or crisis. If the governments of those nations don't want the US Armed Forces there, they have the absolute right to say "Leave". Of course, you never hear of this because in many ways the host nations rely on the presence of the US Armed Forces; security, defence and economic needs for that nation outweigh your particular, fanatical stance.

Now, just make sure you re-read what I posted before you leave that CyberCafe in KL or Jaring or Petrajaya.

:woot:

--ScottKin

Oh yeah smart guy? What about Cuba?

Notice where all these people are from that asking what the big deal is... :rolleyes:

Considering that a flag is a representation for one's country, how would you feel if someone foreigner came in an started to disrespect your country by doing things like this?

Big f'ing deal. It's just a damn flag.

i find lots of Canadians share this view :)

who cares, they could have burnt the flag, it's not like they hurt anyone....i wouldnt care if someone would do the same thing to the canadian flag.....and i dont think anyone should care if someone does anything to any flag

Why is it surprising that Mexican illegals would prefer their own flag over that of the nation they shouldn't be in?

That's the most ignorant comment I have ever seen posted here; For your information those are not illegal Mexicans those are legal American-born high school kids so get a clue!

I do NOT support what they did though; It is disrespectful; as a Cuban and American citizen for the last 16 years; I love and respect this nation as much as I love the land where I was born but I can't stand when people speak that way about others without even taking a single minute to examine the facts or learn a little more details about what's on the news.

illegal aliens coming to the US and wanting citizenship while not wanting to go through the process = illegal war led by the US to invade iraq and conquer the gulf to get oil while not wanting to go through the process, which is stop practising hostile foreign policy and get oil in a legal way. wheres the so-called WMD? tell me. show me. now US is talking about sovereignity and patriotically humiliated by the upside down of the star and stripes. gah!

u just need to read between the line to digest my previous comment.

I'll agree with you the war in Iraq was technically illegal but one thing you got wrong is that we are not getting any oil from them. At first it might seem that way but seeing how much gas costs now were paying more than we did a few years ago. Were payin 2 to 3 dollars for it witch to us as Americans is a big deal maybe to other countrys it's not but to us it is. And the WMD was a big sham it was Bushes so called way of saying "Were getting rid of the terrorists one by one and Saddam Hussein was a terrorist threating us with Wippons of Miss Destruction." (spelt that incorrectly on purpose) ;)

I'll personally say even though I'm american America needs to learn what it's like to be disrespected even by a bunch of hippy high schoolers. And if their going to complain saying holding the American flag uspide down is disrespectful... I think their idiots onthat one. That flag has more blood, hate, and racist ideas under it than any other flag out their. (Compare the Swastkia and the Confederate battleflag history to the American flag you'll see what I mean.)

I think a great punk band that does public humilation of American it great ways is Anti-Flag (You can tell their anti-America cause usually on their CD covers they got the american flag upside down. ) Their lyrics go so far as to humilate police, The president, the war in Iraq, and makes the Bush administration look like a complete mockery.

So yeah I'm pretty much with these high schoolers on this one. Plus it's their right as american citizens under the first amendment.

For your information those are not illegal Mexicans those are legal American-born high school kids so get a clue!

Uhh, so why exactly are they raising the Maxican flag above the US one if they are American-born? The original comment was perfectly legit.

but one thing you got wrong is that we are not getting any oil from them. At first it might seem that way but seeing how much gas costs now were paying more than we did a few years ago.

I hope you're joking. Really, I do. When was the last time the price of gasoline had much to do with supply?

If Bush requires all illegal Mexican's to go back to Mexico, expect huge riots that won't be peacefull.

And yes - if I was from Mexico and was working in the States, I would want to stay too. It's probably way better than Mexico (for some, anyhow).

If Bush requires all illegal Mexican's to go back to Mexico, expect huge riots that won't be peacefull.

And yes - if I was from Mexico and was working in the States, I would want to stay too. It's probably way better than Mexico (for some, anyhow).

Bush will not do this. This would but a large dent in America's economy.

Well, actually this is their land

Since when do they own this land? Everyone has a ****ing right to have his or her own place to stay. This immigration thing is ****ing rediculous and I'm getting tired of it. Just make Mexico a United State of America, Jesus Christ.

I'm 100% Mexican and i think that is a damn shame.

no wonder people don't want "us" here...

It has nothing to do with where you're from, just the fact that so many are here illegally and benefitting from government resources without paying into the system as the rest of us do. Unfortunately racism creeps into this when some idiots open their mouths.

If Bush requires all illegal Mexican's to go back to Mexico, expect huge riots that won't be.

He just stated yesterday that will not happen.

Well, actually this is their land

Not unless they were born here.

"just like how the us troops hangs the american flag when the shock and awe operation ended in baghdad."

Your lack of details shows your ignorance. The American troops did raise the American Flag shortly after taking Baghdad.... What you failed to mention is the American commander immediately ordered that the American Flag be taken down and the Iraqi Flag raised. The American commander made a statement shortly afterwards. He said that the American Flag would not be flown on Iraqi soil, as we are not their as conquerers.

I'm pretty sure most countries in the world have similiar laws regarding the treatment of the national flag.

Certainly, but those laws weren't made with the same spirit as this one.

Across the american continent you find countries that have laws to enforce national symbols (flags, anthems, etc). That's because they needed to reafirm their own identities against european metropoli (spain, england, etc.) That "patriot" spirit still remains, and as a result there are all those laws (I'm talking about countries in the american continent, not US specifically)

The whole patriot thing is so 18-19 century to me, but then again I don't live in the US, and I dont know enough about it, so I can't judge.

That flag law is not pointless, but a curious thing. I googled about it and it seems that the rule was made so that state's own flags wouldn't be in a higher position than the US one.

This mexican flag thing is a protest of some kind, I suppose. Wouldn't make a big deal about it.

Sometimes I get contradictory feelings about the US. US is certainly one of the most multiethnic and multicultural countries in the world, but sometimes I get the feeling that US people are against some immigrants, forgetting that mmm most of the country's people are immigrants descendants (and I count english as immigrant, too). Anyway this is a delicate matter...

Considering that a flag is a representation for one's country, how would you feel if someone foreigner came in an started to disrespect your country by doing things like this?

Finally! Someone with a measure of respect.

I think they oughta round up every dissenting dumbass in this thread who posted something about "meh, its just a flag" and toss them over the border to make room for someone who would be proud to be an American citizen.

i find lots of Canadians share this view :)

who cares, they could have burnt the flag, it's not like they hurt anyone....i wouldnt care if someone would do the same thing to the canadian flag.....and i dont think anyone should care if someone does anything to any flag

Then you are an ass and I would just as soon punch you in the face as look at you.

There is no difference between burning the flag and inverting it. Both are signs of disrespect.

The flag isn't just a colourful piece of cloth, it is the embodiment of everything our country stands for. The reputation of that maple leaf preceeds anyone who bears it's mark, it is a record of every war men from our country have fought and died in; the countries liberated by Canadian forces in WWII; and every relief effort our peace-keepers have been sent to, or are on now.

You don't have to love the government who works for it, but if you don't love that flag, you need to be shipped to some 2nd/3rd world country so you can see why your ancestors chose to come here, and why so many people would be proud to be able to call themselves Canadian.

....excuse the run-on sentences. [/rant]

Edited by Scudworth

This is a stupid law!

Fun activity for y'all at home: Find a JPEG of the flag, and tilt your head 180 degrees.

For the daring: Find a JPEG of the flag, and rotate it 180 degrees.

For the rebellious: Find a JPEG of the flag, print it, and stick it on your wall upside down.

Thank god ? coins are circular...

malkin2.gif

most excellent:rofl::

ya.. look where i'm at.. right in lynwood, ca.. few weeks ago kids were jumping gates and walking all over the damn street here.. south gate high school and lynwood high..:rolleyes::

they're idiots (the kids) they don't know ****, they were probably born and raised here anyway, they just want to get out of school and want to be seen..:sleep::

i don't like the idea of sending illegals back, but surely something has to be done. like how they benefit without paying a dime.

perfect example of this. my gardner, before he was a citizen he never had to pay any hospital bills, he got everything he wanted free from the government, then some years later he gets his green card, then a little bit later he gets his citizenship with his wife.. a little after that his wife needs surgery for i think it was gall bladder. not too serious, but now that he is a citizen, he can't get any free services and he couldn't afford insurance so he had to work 7 days a week for some months to pay the hospital bill. now he understands.

Whats pathetic is the fact there is US citizens going, "WHATS WRONG, WHY CANT THEY JUST GET AUTOMATIC CITIZENSHIP?!" WTF You stupid waste of air, dont even start on the whole "hating immigrants" stuff. Think of this, what about all the hard working immigrants that came into this country legally. Alot of them came in with little, became LEGAL U.S. citizens. I'd be pretty miffed that some stupid serf from mexico wanted free welfare and citizenship with no work involved.