Super mario for the DS

Didn't see anyone post it already. You also need flash 8 so tough luck for us linux users (but not for us mac users :D).

There is 1 video clip and there will be more posted soon.

http://mario.nintendo.com/

I'm gonna get my hands on this for sure. Heard there will be over 80 levels.

OH MY GOD! The preview video is just plain awesome. T_T It's 12 PM here and it just eliminated my need for *ahem* tonight. I'm not exactly sure how that Mega Mushroom will make game more fun, but I still can't wait to try it out. Also, sound and graphic seem to have improved a lot. When Mario "shines" (after acquiring a star) the new background music is amazing.

Interesting. With the flash the last video isnt slated to come until 5/15. If this is to be released with the ds lite, it kills the speculation of the DS lite being released on the 9th.

Wow, I might have to pick up a DS lite just to get this game. No matter what, nothing beats a side scrolling Mario game.

When Mario "shines" (after acquiring a star) the new background music is amazing.

This game does look quite promising. The star music sounds largely like the wing cap music from Mario 64, which is indeed a fantastic song.

They've finally gone back to what made Mario a top game in the first place, 2D gameplay! Hopefully other game developers can do the same, it's about gameplay, not graphics.

They've finally gone back to what made Mario a top game in the first place, 2D gameplay! Hopefully other game developers can do the same, it's about gameplay, not graphics.

well looks like sega is doing the same thing with the new sonic game for psp

Why is this game being released when my final exam is only a week away? Nintendo? Why?!?! OH WHY?! T_T

Side-scrolling Mario is the only game of which I never got sick and tired. I think it is on its way to become the greatest game in the history of mankind. *wears flame-proof suit*

They already did it with Sonic Rush for the DS over a year ago.

Looks like i'll be keeping my DS then.. I love classic style Mario games! :)

If you're referring to Sonic Rivals, that's going to be a fully 3D game, kind of like how Green Hill Zone 3D was in Sonic Adventure 2 Battle was like.

Is it just me or does the game look too easy from the vids? The boss videos aren't very challenging and there are too few obstacles to try and bring you down. :s

I definitely want to buy this game but still.. I'd like a challenge lol

Is it just me or does the game look too easy from the vids? The boss videos aren't very challenging and there are too few obstacles to try and bring you down. :s

I definitely want to buy this game but still.. I'd like a challenge lol

When was any SMB immensely challenging?

I kinda agree with the chalenge thing, It looks much easier from the videos then previous mario games. I hope nintendo doesnt loose sight of the fact that there are older gamers that still love there games. They dont have to make them more 'mature' but still provide egnouf challenge for us.

It looks fine to me. They kept the Bowser fights strictly classic, get around him and kill the bridge. This is supposed to be like SMB1. I'm sure there are plenty of secrets and crap that you have to find in the levels and thats where the challenges will be.