UK Mathematicians Claim "Cloaking" Is Possible

Researchers say they are rapidly closing in on new types of materials that can throw a cloak of invisibility around objects, fulfilling a fantasy that is as old as ancient myths and as young as "Star Trek" and the Harry Potter novels.

Unlike those tales of fictional invisibility, the real-life technologies usually have a catch. Nevertheless, limited forms of invisibility might be available to the military sooner than you think.

"We're very confident that at radar frequencies, these materials can be implemented on a time scale of 18 months or so," John Pendry of Imperial College London told MSNBC.com.

MSNBC News

Interesting....

post-118616-1148909040.jpg

Thats pretty cool! Really is, I'd buy one just for giggles lol.

Imagine ebay "For sale cloacking device"

"Umm its not there"

"its there! no refunds!"

Thats pretty cool! Really is, I'd buy one just for giggles lol.

Imagine ebay "For sale cloacking device"

"Umm its not there"

"its there! no refunds!"

lmao, I know..

• 4 months later...
Harry Potter and Captain Kirk would be proud. A team of American and British researchers has made a Cloak of Invisibility.

Well, OK, it's not perfect. Yet.

But it's a start, and it did a pretty good job of hiding a copper cylinder from microwave detection.

Like light and radar waves, microwaves bounce off objects making them visible and creating a shadow, though it has to be detected with instruments.

And if you can hide something from microwaves, you can hide it from radar -- a possibility that will fascinate the military -- and likely from eyesight as well.

Source: 24hrs