110V Nintendo DS Lite work in the UK?

Will this Nintendo DS Lite work in the UK? If not, what else do I need? Will it be that cheap (?108) when it comes out over here?

Yup, I've got a Japanese one myself. All you gotta do is get a step-down convertor to convert our 240V to 110V for the DS. I bought a japanese SP way back and got one of these with it to do the job:

20wstepdown.jpg

It's only like ?3 and you can use it other japanese products in the future. They sell them on lik-sang, just search for 'stepdown'.

When you start it up for the first time you choose your language and that's it. No other compatibility issues, Wifi works fine, DS games from all regions and of course GBA games look great on it too.

If you're really keen on getting one then I'd say import now and enjoy it until August when it comes out in the UK.

Just be aware that if you order from lik-sang you'll have to pay an additional 17.5% in import tax upon delivery. Alternatively on ebay someone can mark the package as being 2nd hand and of a lower value and so avoid it but I'd never condone that :whistle::

Or buy a 3rd party UK charger.

The DS lite has a unique charger, you'd be lucky to find a UK one seeing as it's not out in the UK. Another option is buying a USB charger.

Cool, I just bought one. Cheers :)

I'd buy one myself if I didn't have to add 17.5% to the total cost.

You silly silly fools :) You dont need a stepdown converter just a plug adapter. Pretty much all chargers these days especially for gadgets run between 110 and 240v, you can look on it and it will say itll take an input between 110 and 240 so no need for a stepdown.

You silly silly fools :) You dont need a stepdown converter just a plug adapter. Pretty much all chargers these days especially for gadgets run between 110 and 240v, you can look on it and it will say itll take an input between 110 and 240 so no need for a stepdown.

Normally that's right, but the DS lite charger is different, it's just a 110v charger. I bought a stepdown and an adaptor and the adaptor doesn't work. It's a 110v psu only.

Dazzla is right, the DS Lite's AC Adaptor does NOT support 240V, you therefore need a stepdown transformer. A travel adapter will blow up the DS. I've used mine with a Stepdown + The official AC Adapter, and with a USB Charger cable from play-asia.com, both of which work perfectly.

As for getting a lower price, if you can wait a few weeks for the US launch, the RRP is $130! The usual US suspects (www.tronixweb.com, www.therage.com and www.videogamesplus.ca in Canada) will no doubt be able to send you a DS lite for less than Lik-Sang's current price.

Having said that, the DS Lite is awesome and easily worth $200+ :)