I bought a D50!

Yesterday I bit the bullet and bought one! :D

I'm thrilled to bits with it so far, but I'm wondering if anyone can suggest where to get a relatively cheap case? I've just shelled out ?400 on the kit, so I can't really justify the ?35 Nikon are asking for their official "EverReady" case as I've still to buy a memory card in a few weeks (borrowing my housemate's at the moment).

I noticed this one on eBay - wondered if anyone has any experience with this brand/case? It adds up to about ?18 with postage, and it has a waterproof cover and stuff, so it looks pretty good.

I just need something relatively affordable to protect my new toy!

BTW I got it from Jessops (I know!) they have an offer on at the moment - ?394 for the silver or ?396 for the black with 18-55mm kit lens, which equals the cheapest I've found it online (and I got to "take it away" with me there and then) so if you're after a D50 pretty quick, get down there before Wednesday when they remove the offer.

this case seems a lil bit smalle Timmah. It seems to be made for a SLR-Like camera which are smaller.I'd look on lowepro website and see one of their normal topload. I had one before to buy a 18-200mm lens?so?I?had?to?buy?another?one?longer?to?be?able?to?fit?my?longer?lens

I got a D50 too a couple of weeks back, and ended up getting a Lowepro case for $30 which can also let me store an extra lens as well.

I just got the Velocity 7 from Tamrac and I couldn't be happier. It holds the body with an attached lens(either 70-300 or 28-80), with enough room to carry an additional lens(whichever one that's not attached). I think I could fit two lenses in the bag in addition to the body & lens, but I don't yet have more than two to try it out! I've got super-fast access to my camera and it even holds just enough kit that I don't feel "naked" when I'm out shooting. :D It's even got a stowaway waist strap that will keep your bag secure during more stressful activities like climbing, running, biking, etc. Great for those times when you've got to escape police custody.... :whistle: J/K!!

I got a D50 too a couple of weeks back, and ended up getting a Lowepro case for $30 which can also let me store an extra lens as well.

Hah, same here, and I got the exact same case, lol. Its terrific, has a water proof cover so if it starts raining on the trail, the camera is safe and has plenty of room for lenses, I think I can fit 3 in mine providing one is attached to the body. Great bang for your buck.

you will soon have to buy 2 and 3 and 4 bags when after buying more and more lens and a flash, etc

hehe

I have a big bag for all my lens and my flash and also a big topload if I want to bring only my camera with my 18-200mm lens

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got round to ordering the Lowepro Topload Zoom 1 for my D50 w/kit lens!

Should be here soon, no more worrying about how to transport it any more :D