Need ideas for the top area of Shift

ok I think I got it, after a bit of brainstorming. This is a basic idea of what i mean. The links could be graphics and the right side will need some work so it doesnt appear empty.

post-2-1147011157_thumb.jpg

Thoughts?

I really like that idea, it looks quite fluid, could probably be implemented easily and would certainly serve it's main purpose.

Here's my idea - which IMHO would be the best solution for this, I think everything is in the picture itself - should be self explanatory as well.

Hope you guys like it.

edit; forgot to mention I downsized the whole from 10 forum posts to 8, somewhat better if you ask me.

I really like this idea as well. The way it is split into threesections means more can be added without sacraficing that much space. I agree with the idea that with that only should display the eight most recent posts as that tends to look better. However, I dont really like the red column and I think it would be better if they are all blue.

As for the tabs idea, I like tabs, but we already have tabs at the top of the page and that is enough for now :p!

Here's my idea - which IMHO would be the best solution for this, I think everything is in the picture itself - should be self explanatory as well.

Hope you guys like it.

edit; forgot to mention I downsized the whole from 10 forum posts to 8, somewhat better if you ask me.

I really like this one!

While you're at it, please add an AJAX-style refresh button for the forum posts - its not fun having to refresh the whole page!