UFO study finds no sign of aliens.

A confidential Ministry of Defence report on Unidentified Flying Objects has concluded that there is no proof of alien life forms.

In spite of the secrecy surrounding the UFO study, it seems citizens of planet Earth have little to worry about.

The report, which was completed in 2000 and stamped "Secret: UK Eyes Only", has been made public for the first time.

Only a small number of copies were produced and the identity of the man who wrote it has been protected.

His findings were only made public thanks to the Freedom of Information Act, after a request by Sheffield Hallam University academic Dr David Clarke.

The four-year study - entitled Unidentified Aerial Phenomena in the UK - tackles the long-running question by UFO-spotters: "Is anyone out there?"

The answer, it seems, is "no".

The 400-page report puts it like this: "No evidence exists to suggest that the phenomena seen are hostile or under any type of control, other than that of natural physical forces."

It adds: "There is no evidence that 'solid' objects exist which could cause a collision hazard."

So if there are no such things as little green men in spaceships or flying saucers, why have so many people reported seeing them?

Well, here is the science bit.

"Evidence suggests that meteors and their well-known effects and, possibly some other less-known effects are responsible for some unidentified aerial phenomena," concludes the report.

"Considerable evidence exists to support the thesis that the events are almost certainly attributable to physical, electrical and magnetic phenomena in the atmosphere, mesosphere and ionosphere.

"They appear to originate due to more than one set of weather and electrically-charged conditions and are observed so infrequently as to make them unique to the majority of observers."

People who claim to have had a "close encounter" are often difficult to persuade that they did not really see what they thought they saw. The report offers a possible medical explanation.

"The close proximity of plasma related fields can adversely affect a vehicle or person," states the report.

"Local fields of this type have been medically proven to cause responses in the temporal lobes of the human brain. These result in the observer sustaining (and later describing and retaining) his or her own vivid, but mainly incorrect, description of what is experienced."

There are, of course, other causes of UFOs - aeroplanes with particularly bright lights, stray odd-shaped balloons and strange flocks of birds, to name but a few.

Yet, it will be difficult to convince everyone that there is a rational explanation for all mysterious movements in the sky.

Some UFO-spotters believe governments will always cover up the truth about UFOs, because they are afraid of admitting that there is something beyond their control.

It is not clear how much time and effort the MoD has spent looking at the skies in recent years, but it appears there are no plans for an in-depth UFO report like the one written in 2000.

A MoD spokesperson said: "Both this study and the original "Flying Saucer Working Party" [already in public domain in the national Archives] concluded that there is insufficient evidence to indicate the presence of any genuine unidentified aerial phenomena.

"It is unlikely that we would carry out any future studies unless such evidence were to emerge."

Source BBC

DISINFORMATION PROPAGANDA!!!

Nah but for real though. Sooo many sightings and ALL of them are BS? Air pilots with 15+ years experience under their belts? Hundreds of people seeing a SLOOOOW moving triangle in *Germany*? Was that a meteor? A slow moving triangle shaped meteor with lights that is able to hover in place?

Nah but for real though. Sooo many sightings and ALL of them are BS? Air pilots with 15+ years experience under their belts? Hundreds of people seeing a SLOOOOW moving triangle in *Germany*? Was that a meteor? A slow moving triangle shaped meteor with lights that is able to hover in place?

It was in Belgium. I too think that this study isn't correct but it's scientific study of UFO's so it's worth something I guess.

So the UFO that hovered on the ground at Rendelsham Forest, that was witnessed by a lot of military personnel and even touched by one of them, and that was covered with hieroglyphics-like writing, was just a meteor showing off its lesser-known effects? :laugh:

They can't really conclude that there are no little green men at all. Even if everything that's happened around here does have a rational explaination, they still can't rule out that there could be life out there somewhere, it might not have just reached earth yet.

Yeah Rendelsham Forest and Belgium triangles cases are something that can't be explained, there is definitely something violating our airspace.

anecdotes are hardly evidence of anything, and fantastic phenomena require fantastic evidence.

They can't really conclude that there are no little green men at all. Even if everything that's happened around here does have a rational explaination, they still can't rule out that there could be life out there somewhere, it might not have just reached earth yet.

that's a moot point because that's not the point of science. it's dynamic and auto-corrective. it's meant to be revised. of course, we could say that relativity theory is incorrect. but the point of science is to stay within the limits of empirical evidence and construct structures that simplify the integration of the various phenomena.

fantastic phenomena require fantastic evidence.

That is why we deserve more than a "meteor" explanation.

The 1942 Battle of Los Angeles (West Coast Air Raid) was certainly a fantastic event with fantastic evidence. A orange glowing object was caught on radar as it traveled 120 miles from the west toward Los Angeles and then it came to a complete stop while it continued hovering in the air. The Army fired over 1,400 anti-aircraft artillery shells at this glowing orange object. A photograph has been taken showing the glowing orange craft deflecting artillery like it was described by the thousands of witnesses. The majority of shells bursted in rings around the object and some even fell through roofs and killed people. After an hour of remaining stationary and being fired upon the object finally began to drift away toward the San Bernardino Mountains where it crashed. George C. Marshall sent a memorandum to Franklin D. Roosevelt on February 26 explaining the incident and telling that more investigation must be done. The next day Franklin D. Roosevelt sent a memorandum back saying "I have considered the disposition of the material in possession of the Army that may be of great significance toward the development of a super weapon of war... You have my assurance that when circumstances are favorable and we are victorious, the Army will have the fruits of research in exploring further applications of this new wonder." Just to make it clear: the "super weapon of war" phrase does not refer to the atom bomb that was already in development and was, in fact, a comprison to the atom bomb! I think it may have been electrogravitics, but more on that later. Then on March 5th, George C. Marshall wrote back stating "This Headquarters has come to a determination that the mystery airplanes are in fact not earthly and according to secret intelligence sources they are in all probability of interplanetary origin." One year after this incident Albert Einstein, who was known to be working with the military on such highly classified projects, had revised his Unified Field Theory to increase the accuracy of his electrogravitics equations. Knowing this, perhaps his famous saying of how the secret to creativity is hiding your sources could be accurately explained. Another year later George C. Marshall is promoted to the rank of Five-Star General, a position been held by only a few throughout the entire history of the United States.

Anyways, to get back to my point, the BBC is clearly trying to bamboozle people. The research document does not claim UFOs are all explainable phenomena or that they are not intelligently controlled. "Evidence suggests that meteors and their well-known effects and, possibly some other less-known effects are responsible for some unidentified aerial phenomena," emphasis mine. The BBC and all of the other popular news agencies twisted this document out of context in an attempt to make a jab at UFO believers and to discredit the document by talking of "little green men in spaceships." This "global illiteracy" amongst the news agencies on just this one specific report leads me to believe they are obeying orders set forth by an American disinformation campaign. To put it quite simply: the American government disagrees with the UK about the release of his information so it is doing damage control. The research will be published on the MOD web site on May 15th, for those who are curious about what the actual document says. I, for one, am very curious about the research because it seems it is striking fear in the American government.

For the first and last time..... UFO's != Extra-terrestrial life

Just because people see strange things doesn't mean its from outerspace

Yup, UFO = Unidentified Flying Object.

Which just means something floating in the air that we can't identify. Being unable to identify it leads to people making their own conclusions about aliens.

megamanXplosion, why would the BBC; that is the British Broadcasting Corporation, be under orders from the American government?

Edited by Persephone

Yup, UFO = Unidentified Flying Object.

Which just means something floating in the air that we can't identify. Being unable to identify it leads to people making their own conclusions about aliens.

megamanXplosion, why would the BBC; that is the British Broadcasting Corporation, be under orders from the American government?

Cause Tony Blair is our bitch.... Or so I have heard. :shiftyninja:

Just because people see strange things doesn't mean its from outerspace

I agree; however, just because people see strange things doesn't mean they originated here or are figments of their imagination.

Like it was mentioned earlier, Tony Blair is our bitch. In all seriousness though, I do not know why. What I do know is that all of the major news companies became temporarily illiterate for this one specific story. The statistical probability of all of these people becoming illiterate at the same moment for the same story and only that story is probably astronomical unless something was in the background pulling strings. I think it is possible that the two governments compromised whereby the document could be released only if there were a disinformation campaign. That is, of course, just speculation. You can attribute the incident to "global momentary stupidity," "government conspiracy," or even "God's will" for all I care...

Cause Tony Blair is our bitch.... Or so I have heard. :shiftyninja:

lol

Does anyone remember that case where UFO's were flying over Washington DC in the 50's or 60's?

:sleep: Big surprise ... Outside of maybe France or Belgium, what government ever puts out a positive report ?

And by now, there are thousands of reliable eyewitness reports and physical effects that have been left behind as proof of alien UFO activity. More than enuff 'proof' for me.

If you have no belief it's only because you haven't examined this century-old phenomenon. :yes:

Does anyone remember that case where UFO's were flying over Washington DC in the 50's or 60's?

UFOs Flew Directly Over Washington, D.C. For Six Hours In July, 1952

Big surprise ... Outside of maybe France or Belgium, what government ever puts out a positive report ?

The field of Ufology is officially accepted by France, Spain, Belgium, China, Uruguay and Chile, and just recently Mexico.

And by now, there are thousands of reliable eyewitness reports and physical effects that have been left behind as proof of alien UFO activity. More than enuff 'proof' for me.

I agree.

If you have no belief it's only because you haven't examined this century-old phenomenon.

If you think it is only a century-old phenomenon then you haven't looked back far enough. "Alexander the Great recorded [~2,300 years ago] two great silver shields, spitting fire around the rims in the sky that dived repeatedly at his army as they were attempting a river crossing. The action so panicked his elephants, horses, and men they had to abandon the river crossing until the following day." One can go further back in history, even ~45,000 years before Alexander the Great, and find that people were drawing on cave walls some kind of large hominid-like beings with astronaut-like helmets.