What camera would you guys go for?

From this two cameras what would you guys go for?

SD630 with the big 3" screen

Or

SD700 with the IS but smaller screen

SD630

5652.jpg

SD700

canon_ixus800is_frontback.jpg

Also notice that the SD700 is $100 usd more compare to SD630. and that SD630 got the bigger 3" screen. but SD700 got the Image Stabilizer and a smaller 2.5" screen.

im not canon fan but both look impressive. i would opt for the cheaper of the two with the 3" screen. i never had image stabilizer on my Sony---and never needed it.

well I assume your never going to have any real use for a slow shutter speed and if that is the case then yea go with the cheaper one but if you like playing with your shutter speed then go with the IS one. Slower the shutter speed the more things blur or become saturated I believe and the faster the shutter speed the more time seems to be frozen at which case the twitch of your hand will not usually affect the image. 1/8 will probably blur but 1/60 or 1/30 is probably what most cameras use for their shutter as the default which is usaully enough to prevent blurring.

Also if you plan on zooming in a lot small movements will make a much more profound effect in whether the image is sharp or blurred. However you may not want to take what I say too seriously I have yet to do any real photography, bout to order the panasonic ZF7

only P&S camera I have seen that desparately needs IS is the Pentax Optio 50 my dad bought that pos and it blurs horribly but that is because you cannot set the shutter speed. It constantly thinks oh I know the best default so it tries to set it automaticly but whatever it does or sets it too ends up blurring over half of his pictures. Also the ISO was set to 200 and I set it down to 50 just yesterday..... for the longest time I had been wondering why all of his shots came out noisey too... I'd rather lose detail in dark shots then to have all the shots come out noisey that and I do not trust Pentax's "auto" settings.

I find Olympus makes the best P&S cameras personally. You should take a look at some of the MJU series. Especially the 500 or 600.