External flash for D50

Hay all, I just got my spankin new D50, and the first accessory I'm going to invest in is a flash unit. I don't know much about external flash so I'm taking any and all recommendations. Should be under $300

Nikon SB-600 or Sigma EF 500 DG ST

Nikon SB-800 or Sigma EF 500 DG super

The 4 flashes are very good quality. Nikon's are a little bit more expensive but they have a couple of more features. I think the SB-800 does have the strobe feeature and the DG super doesn't have it.

Read their respective technical features and if you have any questions, please ask them

Basically, the SB-800 can be installed, then measure lights and focus, then unplug and be put something else to flash wirelessly. All the flashed are same power if I can remember correctly but the more expensive ones just have more features..

The SB-800 is 2 or 3 stops more powerful than the SB-600, IIRC. This shouldn't really matter to most people though.

You can't remove the SB-800 or SB-600from the D50 because unlike the D70/s, its built-in flash doesn't have a commander mode function. Well, I guess you can if you buy two of them ;)

ohhh ok; so does the 800 have any other important functions over the 600?

SB800 comes with gels and a diffuser IIRC, while the 600 doesn't