Neowin's Official World Cup 2006 Thread

Isnt it time to unstick this, the NBA thread was done right after game 6.

No way pedro :p

This is a discussion thread, it's not like a second after the final was over we would be banned from discussing it and then just wait until 2010 to air our views ;).

yeah and besides when else are we going to discuss WC..only in another 4 years :p Actually in 2...since i am sure everyone is watching euro cup as well :D

(Y)

Finally someone around here who knows what he's talking about and doesn't just follow what the stupid press says.

I wish I knew more english to discuss this, but everyone who knows just a little about football already knows that if someone separates his elbow from his body trying to interrupt the other player is foul.

He made a song and dance of it.

Maybe stupid question, but is there an official language that all referees must know? How do the referees know what the players are complaining about if both teams and the ref all have different native languages?

Maybe stupid question, but is there an official language that all referees must know? How do the referees know what the players are complaining about if both teams and the ref all have different native languages?

Official language is English ;)

Strange, two different version, Zidane say on TV that Materazzi insult mother & sister, but Materazzi deny.....

but Materazzy don't say exactly which insult he has say..... :rolleyes:

Thanks for all Zidane, you will be always a genius ! I am proud to be Frenchie as him. Great World Cup

I think, It is a plot organized to exclude to provoke Zidane.

Penalties are 100% luck.....I always think France merit victory.

I agree with that. France played better than Italy in my opinion, but the fact is they still never won. Penalties are purely the look of the draw and I am not the biggest fan of them.

Does anyone else think that the match should just be played until someone scores, but perhaps there should be unlimited substitutions :/?

But you lose.

And you draw in the regular time with a fake penalty (as already shown) therefore France has also been too much lucky. France couldn't also make a true goal... instead Italy made a goal with Materazzi (Barthez is just ridiculous) and also took a crossbar.

However... don't worry... maybe in 2010...... ;)

But you lose.

And you draw in the regular time with a fake penalty (as already shown) therefore France has also been too much lucky. France couldn't also make a true goal... instead Italy made a goal with Materazzi (Barthez is just ridiculous) and also took a crossbar.

However... don't worry... maybe in 2010...... ;)

haha (Y) its true

Does anyone else think that the match should just be played until someone scores, but perhaps there should be unlimited substitutions :/?

No ;)

Can you imagine if the game lasted for 400 minutes? :huh:

No ;)

Can you imagine if the game lasted for 400 minutes? :huh:

Someone would score eventually. Extra time these day's is often played at a much slower tempo because teams are playing for penalties, if they know they must score then it will make for a more entertaining game. The unlimited substitutions would make it feasable as well.

Just an idea anyway, better than penalties in my eyes.

All opinions are open to discussion. However, I do like the current format, though sometimes I wish there weren't penalties because teams these days rely too much on them and don't give even 20% in extra time.

I agree with that. France played better than Italy in my opinion, but the fact is they still never won. Penalties are purely the look of the draw and I am not the biggest fan of them.

Only two penalties for France on the World Cup. Remember fake penalty vs Australia lol

If you had penalty vs Australia, it's normal france have penalty in final, injury is more visible. There were penalty because Materazzi arrived with violent intention.

Penalty = 100% luck. It's not me to say it, all the pro say it.

I'm sure Italy was very lucky. Provovokation of Zidane.........it's very Italian.

Italy don't play after half time, very poor.....no real action.

For France :

- Zidane (1)

- Ribery (1)

- Henry (2)

- Malouda (1)

For Italy :

Only 2 corners in all the match.

I have recorded the match, and I have looked the match 3 times, I'm sure.

Someone would score eventually. Extra time these day's is often played at a much slower tempo because teams are playing for penalties, if they know they must score then it will make for a more entertaining game. The unlimited substitutions would make it feasable as well.

Just an idea anyway, better than penalties in my eyes.

Maybe if they also keep lowering the number of players as well ... 10 vs. 10, 9 vs. 9, all the way to keeper vs. keeper :| .

The surprise team of the tournament has to be England but for the wrong reasons. People thought that England was going to win the World Cup or be in final. But England weren't good.

France legend Zinedine Zidane has been handed a three match-ban for his World Cup final headbutt on Marco Materazzi, whilst the Italian stopper has received a two-match ban for his part in the unsavoury incident.

Source: SkySports

How can a retired player serve a three match ban :p?

All good things come to an end ;).

Not true, think of it in a positive way, the World Cup is only on stand-by for another 4 years, with inbetween fun (euro, copa america and domestic games), therefore its not at 'an end' :rofl: