Neowin's Official World Cup 2006 Thread

All those pictures show in the highlighted areas are a blur of pixels. And the last picture shows the bit where he pulled his leg back after he'd made contact with Malouda. As theyarecomingforyou also said, the replays showed clear contact which wasn't evident initially.

That are images from a video some losers posted here. If you want you can take a high-quality video and more accurately see the French fly (Materazzi's leg was BEHIND and the French player made a fly without any contact). However I understand... you really like to deny the obvious, so I'll leave you entertain yourself.

Anyone know the Italian for pedantic btw?

I don't know. I know some English losers.

That are images from a video some losers posted here. If you want you can take a high-quality video and more accurately see the French fly (Materazzi's leg was BEHIND and the French player made a fly without any contact). However I understand... you really like to deny the obvious, so I'll leave you entertain yourself.

Never thought I'd see a sore winner, now I've seen everything.

Wow people... Can't you just accept it? Italy WON. End. :ike:

[OT]

Small Off-Topic...

Alvi, I'll try to explain you because many foreigners hate us Italians:

1? We are one of the most beautiful peoples of the world (men and women).

2? In the football game, we are those with the teams that (on the whole) have more trophies than everybody.

3? We have the better food of the world.

4? The world is full of Italian works.

5? Italy is one of the most beautiful countries in the world (Florence, Rome, Venice, Verona, Naples, Capri, Sardinia, Sicily etc.) and they are here every summer on holidays!

6? We are the most elegant people of the world (what about Versace, Armani, Valentino, Dolce & Gabbana etc.).

7? We are those that have more class than everybody.

8? We manufacture the most beautiful cars (Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini etc.) and with the motors we dominate (Valentino Rossi, Melandri, Capirossi, Ducati, Aprilia etc.).

9? We have and have had among the most famous characters of the world (Leonardo Da Vinci, Cristoforo Colombo, Galileo Galilei, Enrico Fermi etc. etc.)

10? And last but not least... we are the most famous lovers of the world.

11? We are often false modest... but hey, these;)re facts ;)

[/OT]

Sorry for the small:)ff-topic :)

Edited by ekerazha

players' mistakes gets erased once their off the tournament.

players' mistakes gets highlighted when they lift the trophy.

im not gonna let bashers get me down, im gonna celebrate the hell for the next 4 year. =D

What? Free Kick? What are you talking about?

Totti scored from the spot after Grosso dived like a dying swan.

Bad memory perhaps? Let me refresh that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXNc-4To80c...=fabio%20grosso

The Australian player is laid down in front of Grosso which was running to the goal... this is obstruction. I ask myself if people know the basic football rules.

The Australian player is laid down in front of Grosso which was running to the goal... this is obstruction. I ask myself if people know the basic football rules.

:wacko:

If you lay down in front of someone on the field and he runs into you, you damn well don't get a free kick from it - instead you get a card for diving or the game goes on.

The only reason the player would have conceded a penalty would have been because he tackled the player or pulled the guys leg - which the slow-mo clearly shows neither of these pre-requisites took place.

[OT]

Small Off-Topic...

2? In the football game, we are those with the teams that (on the whole) have more trophies than everybody.

5? Italy is one of the most beautiful countries in the world (Florence, Rome, Venice, Verona, Naples, Capri, Sardinia, Sicily etc.) and they are here every summer on holidays!

6? We are the most elegant people of the world (what about Versace, Armani, Valentino, Dolce & Gabbana etc.).

8? We manufacture the most beautiful cars (Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini etc.) and with the motors we dominate (Valentino Rossi, Melandri, Capirossi, Ducati, Aprilia etc.).

9? We have and have had among the most famous characters of the world (Leonardo Da Vinci, Cristoforo Colombo, Galileo Galilei, Enrico Fermi etc. etc.)

[/OT]

But you are no:rolleyes: :rolleyes:?

:wacko:

If you lay down in front of someone on the field and he runs into you, you damn well don't get a free kick from it - instead you get a card for diving or the game goes on.

The only reason the player would have conceded a penalty would have been because he tackled the player or pulled the guys leg - which the slow-mo clearly shows neither of these pre-requisites took place.

Grosso was running before that player runned to Grosso and then laid down. Grosso didn't run into anybody, Grosso had the ball and while it was running with his ball the Australian player laid down in his path on his feet. This is obstruction and it's free kick inside the area. This is the football rule.

However... like you said "he pulled the guys leg". So it's penalty or at least (as I've already said) free kick inside the area. The sure thing is that Grosso didn't dive at all, and images speak clear.

You missed 3 facts:

Could somebody win against Italy? No.

Could France win against Italy? No.

Who is the champion of the world? Italy

:)

In 1998 it wasn't the final match... in 1994 it was the final match ;)

I think you got it wrong

Could somebody win against Italy? No but tie yes and out of all the teams USA... :laugh:

Could France win against Italy? YES. Any given day.

Who is the champion of the world? 11 italian guys because what we saw Sunday was not "Italy".

I don't get you. That is the whole point of the assistant referees; to see what the other can't! Should the ref had not called offsides because it was the side judges, not he himself, who saw the offsides? Should he have called Zidane's PK a no-goal because it was the side judges, not himself, who clearly saw it go in completely?

The ref did the absolute correct thing in consulting with the assistants before making a call. The only fault on that play; other than obviously Zidane, who is not only a grown man, but a (supposed) professional who should be able to ignore taunts in such an important game, was the stadium screen workers. The video should not have been shown until after a call was, or was not, made on the injury.

Now there will be speculation of whether or not the assistants saw the actual foul, or the video.

In my opinions:

Was Zidane a disgrace? Yes

Was the referee's actions and decisions appropriate? Absolutely

Should Italy have won? I do not think so. France was the better team throughout the tourney. Too many times they got lucky goals in the final minutes of a game. I don't believe they were the best team in the tournament, but that is soccer, on any given day, any team can win, and Italy had a lot of those given days this past month.

There are multiple times where the referee overrules a choice made by the assistent (such as who touched the ball last).

Hmm, and Figo got a yellow for his little head-butt earlier in the tournament, isn't that right?

Now that you mention it, you have problably made one of the best posts in this thread. And I doubt that Zidane hit him that hard.

Yes, it is surprising. Cristiano Ronaldo doesn't win the best young player of the WC

Are you ****ing kidding me? Cristiano Ronaldo is a joke. I could also do little things with my legs and hit a ball with the back of my shoe. :sleep:

[OT]

Small Off-Topic...

[/OT]

1 - Beautiful nope. Sluts yes

2- Didnt know you had more trophies than Brasil and Real Madrid

3 - First valid point. I love pasta personally.

4 - Thats a stupid statement....Im sure my PC isnt italian...

5 - Persoally I dont see Italy that beautiful. My home is alot better. Everyone has tastes.

6 - Elegent? See point 1.

7 - Class? See point 6 and the English are a whole lot classier. You italian ************s burn a damn dumpster every possible time in Serie A when your t:no:loses :no:

8 - Beautiful? Again tastes. Fastest? Yes. I dont think many people care about motorcycles....at least I dont.

9 - And I care about another person because.........

10 - I wont even comment on this stupid :rofl:ent :rofl:

11 - Its a fact about you being modest because italians are not the best in the world.

You have your pluses and your minuses.....

Sit down and hold your head down so your e:) lowers :)

(BTW If I get warned for this, Its amazing (but not surprising) because I doubt I attacked him. The "italian ************s" thing was against all the fanatics that lose it....)

for italy to battle so hard and still win is admirable. i have come to really like their spirit and strength. its like that boxing match in rocky4 where that small guy turned the tables after a long battle and kicked the giants ass. truly admirable

I LOVE YOU ITALY AND ITALIANS :cool:

I think you got it wrong

You think wrong.

Could somebody win against Italy? No but tie yes and out of all the teams USA... :laugh:

"Out of all?" Where are these "all"? USA was the only one... and what about France? They tied with "Switzerland" and "Korea".

Could France win against Italy? YES. Any given day.

He was so happy to win:

294605-1260797-151-113.jpg

Who is the champion of the world? 11 italian guys because what we saw Sunday was not "Italy".

There are multiple times where the referee overrules a choice made by the assistent (such as who touched the ball last).

And he always had right to the end.

1 - Beautiful nope. Sluts yes

2- Didnt know you had more trophies than Brasil and Real Madrid

3 - First valid point. I love pasta personally.

4 - Thats a stupid statement....Im sure my PC isnt italian...

5 - Persoally I dont see Italy that beautiful. My home is alot better. Everyone has tastes.

6 - Elegent? See point 1.

7 - Class? See point 6 and the English are a whole lot classier. You italian ************s burn a damn dumpster every possible time in Serie A when your team loses :no:

8 - Beautiful? Again tastes. Fastest? Yes. I dont think many people care about motorcycles....at least I dont.

9 - And I care about another person because.........

10 - I wont even comment on this stupid statement :rofl:

11 - Its a fact about you being modest because italians are not the best in the world.

You have your pluses and your minuses.....

Sit down and hold your head down so your ego lowers :)

(BTW If I get warned for this, Its amazing (but not surprising) because I doubt I attacked him. The "italian ************s" thing was against all the fanatics that lose it....)

Look at "rIaHc3", this is exactly what I intended.

P.S.

About the point 2, I've said "on the whole" ;)

About the point 8, motorcycles AND cars ;)

Bye "English which is a whole lot classier" ;)

no one hates italians as nation, but after this WC i definately hate italian football team! Defeting germany bu luck, and then defeating france by even bigger luck.

no one hates italians as nation, but after this WC i definately hate italian football team! Defeting germany bu luck, and then defeating france by even bigger luck.

I don't think we won against Germany "by luck". We dominated the game, we made 2 goals and we fully deserved that victory (just look at the match stats... we had more possession, we made more shots and we also had more corners).

i thought Miroslav Klose was more deserving. But definately not italian players. Anyway its quite good that zidane got it for the end of his beautifull carier.

[OFF]

ekerazha: I agree on almost everything you said, especially that Italian girls are beautiful, I love them :)

[/OFF]

Yep, I lost every respect for Zidane too. Before what he did I thought he was one of the most mature players and a calm person, and that he can think. Not like most of the players who are at their 20... But with what he did... It was almost like Tyson when he bite off that ear.