Barry Bonds hits 714th career home run

i dont know about anybody else here but i'm rooting for bonds to break hank's record. who cares about the steroid issue.

i dont know about anybody else here but i'm rooting for bonds to break hank's record. who cares about the steroid issue.

A lot of people, including me. Bonds has no chance really, anyway.

I was talking with some buddies last night watching the game last night and really I hope he goes down with a season ending injury soon. I cant stand the ignorance of Bonds.

Me. As far as I am concerned Griffey is the active person with the most Home Runs. I'll never acknowledge that cheater.

All of you guys hate him, but at the end, everyone appreciates him and his career and what he has done for the game of baseball. Today, he was boo'd at the start of the game by the A's fans to end up getting a standing ovation after his 714th HR. This has been seen around almost all ballparks. He gets boo'd but he ends up being cheered and the fans end up boo'ing their own team for walking him. This just shows the support and respect people have for him for what he has accomplished, even though he isn't necessarily a clean swab.

How is this even news worthy. He is now tied with second. Since when did we start celebrating tying 2nd place?

Yes, because you see 714 homeruns every three years :whistle:

Frankly I don't care about Baseball. So I can say that I agree with the other guys, It's tainted by Steroid use and should be dismissed.

Outright cheating in any sport. Send all of them packing and let them work at McDonalds or something.

When you start your career and you weigh 100 pounds soaking wet and within a couple years you're the size of the Incredible Hulk....you might just be on steroids.

He should have been taken out of baseball a long time ago. Especially here recently with all the steroid issues. I don't care for baseball anymore. He's done nothing good for the game and you can say he has all you want, but he hasn't. All he wants is the record and he's willing to do anything to get it. That shows that he doesn't care for the game, he just wants in the record books. Even if he manages to pass Hank Aaron. He'll be remembered as the jerk who took steroids in order to beat it.

BTW he can say he's never taken steroids all he wants, but here's something for you all to do. Look up pictures of him before the steroid issue began, preferably the year or two before it started and try to find pictures of him without a shirt. Now look at his body then compared to how he looks after the steroid issue started. Some places where he had muscle is now a bit more fatty. It means he's most likely not doing the steroids at the moment and he's having a hard time gaining the muscle back since he stopped taking them. His body depended on it soo much.

Me. As far as I am concerned Griffey is the active person with the most Home Runs. I'll never acknowledge that cheater.

I agree to that. Cincinnati is the only team I really care for or watch right now. Mainly because I just live right across the river and I can actually hear the games being played at the Great American Ball Park. When they cheer I can hear it perfectly.

Edited by NightmarE D

BTW he can say he's never taken steroids all he wants, but here's something for you all to do. Look up pictures of him before the steroid issue began, preferably the year or two before it started and try to find pictures of him without a shirt. Now look at his body then compared to how he looks after the steroid issue started. Some places where he had muscle is now a bit more fatty.

Exactly. You don't get 'fatter' and older and.............better. ANd this year? What a shock..the balls that used to be home runs are long fly outs....and look..he's taking longer to recover from injuries (Steroids also helps the healing process)...without the juice, he's a normal, over the hill athlete. Albert Pujols, who, in my opinion, should have won the last 3 MVP's is doing what he's always done...clean and very very good.