Sony Cybershot DSC-W50

I'm wondering if anyone else has this camera and has a positive outlook on it? Quite a few sites I've visited give this compact camera a high review and consider it worth purchasing..

The only real flaws I've found so far is a bit of a short range on the flash (so low-light doesn't look that good), also no custom white balance settings (then again I'm a novice with cameras so this isn't a big issue), and the ISO 1000 is pretty damn useless (as well as the ISO 800) due to noise.

However it has amazing battery life (like around 400 shots), especially considering how bloody small it is. And outdoor pics look breathtaking.

Does anyone have any other recommendations for slim/compact digital cameras? I payed about $329 CAD (around $299 U.S. Nowadays) and I'm obviously not interested in DSLR (too bulky). I've also noticed Sony sells a flash attachment, maybe that would improve indoor shots?

you are saying DSLR is too bulky and now you want to buy an external flash for your sony... You know, a P&S camera will never perform as good as DSLR in extreme condition, like low light condition. There are more way you can shoot with the DSLR, and also the opportunity to have a better low light performing lens (f/2.8).

You have a very good camera, which is also not very expensive compared to a DSLR but, sorry, but you cannot do miracles.

Of course if sony sells an external flash for your camera that fits the one you bought, that will surely increase the flash range.

I suggest to go to a sony store and ask to try it with your camera before to buy