Canon SD630

I am looking into this camera as I recently suggested it to my friend which loves it. What are your oppinons. I looks amazing, it's fast, image quality is fantastic. And I get it for $150 off regular price, so should I take the plunge?

do it

I just bought the sd700 today, and i've been told that the image quality btwn the two cameras is pretty similar (only diff being IS w/ the 700)

the screen on the sd630 is a beauty too, go for it :D

if u recommended it, why ask? lol, but yeah, canon is really good, and if you're looking for a small point and shoot camera, yeah, go for it!

Noooooo.......

I had to break the trend :D

Well it is a great camera but to impose my views and opinions on you I will say go with the TZ1, panasonic tends to have superior image quality in their consumer products than canon.(I said consumer not prosumer = Rebel/XT (panasonic has yet to release a dSLR but they are about to)) that is just my 2 cents but you can't go terriably wrong with the canons either if that is your choice. I am just a image quality neat freak. Well I dunno one could say TZ1 is not a prosumer decision it would be wrong to classify the decision as a regular consumer decision.(the fact is panasonics marketing is horrible compared to their quality cameras lol)

Basicly the TZ1 is a SLR like camera built to be compact with a huge optical zoom of x10 was the highest optical zoom ever announced for a compact camera and it is very recent. Retail price is $400 you can probably find it for less. Also reviews for it are everywhere via google.

Noooooo.......

I had to break the trend :D

Well it is a great camera but to impose my views and opinions on you I will say go with the TZ1, panasonic tends to have superior image quality in their consumer products than canon.(I said consumer not prosumer = Rebel/XT (panasonic has yet to release a dSLR but they are about to)) that is just my 2 cents but you can't go terriably wrong with the canons either if that is your choice. I am just a image quality neat freak. Well I dunno one could say TZ1 is not a prosumer decision it would be wrong to classify the decision as a regular consumer decision.(the fact is panasonics marketing is horrible compared to their quality cameras lol)

Basicly the TZ1 is a SLR like camera built to be compact with a huge optical zoom of x10 was the highest optical zoom ever announced for a compact camera and it is very recent. Retail price is $400 you can probably find it for less. Also reviews for it are everywhere via google.

damn, that looks like a nice camera.

edit: wait...no manual controls!? booo. (N)

damn, that looks like a nice camera.

edit: wait...no manual controls!? booo. (N)

That my friend is why I went with the FZ7 and not the TZ1 other than that I probably would have got the TZ1, but obviously manual controls does not matter to Liquid considering he is looking at the SD630 so at any rate I'd say the TZ1 is still the better bet but for me the best bet was FZ7, because size did not matter to me and manual controls such as manual focus did.