It's raining frogs and fish in the UK !

BRITAIN is set for a summer downpour of FROGS and FISH, scientists said last week.

Boffins in the UK are warning people that recently changeable weather conditions like sudden rainstorms, droughts and storms are taking their toll, and that folks should expect an increased chance of it raining frogs and fish.And, if one tends to think that this is some kind of a joke, well they better think again for the 'Bizarre Falling Object (BFO)' phenomenon has also been highlighted in a British Weather Services report.

Jim Dale, BWS senior meteorologist, said the event can be caused by a coupling of heat and air pressure with atmospheric instability.

"Converging cold air off the North Sea and warm air off the land make for the necessary conditions," The Sun quoted him, as saying.

And, experts have also identified the most likely spot to witness a rain of frogs and fish. According to them the Norfolk resort of Great Yarmouth is probably the main spot, with other hotspots in the UK including east Manchester and Ipswich.

They also warn that fish and frogs are not the only things people can expect to fall from the sky, for past recorded Bizarre Falling Objects include jellyfish, crabs, and coal.

source

I'm sure this happened in the 1930s. Frogs or lizards are blown into the jet stream over the sahara and end up over england where they fall as rain. I don't see how it could rain coal though :unsure:

It was rainning fish a couple of weeks ago in England, when a hurricane swept up loads of fish from the sea and dumped them on land, quite a sight. :laugh:

umm how does the wind sweep a crab in to the sky and keep it there??
A good tornado -- vortex, can suck up most anything. The mystery is, how is one particular animal or plant singled out ? The true BFO's are hazelnuts only, one type of frog only, etc.

The answer may be that these objects are created within a vortex somewhere, and literally drop out of the skies.

its a conspiracy by tony blair to cover his a$$ :shiftyninja:

omg. maybe bush and blair are conspiring. and maybe they want to turn attention away from bush...

Yeah, this happens in flordia from time to time. Some of them are actually decent sized fish, no not like 5 lbs, but grown to the point you could tell what it is. Its just strange how this happens thos, just imagine fish getting sucked up out of the water. I wonder what it looks like when they are up their drifting with the coulds, but i dont think they last that long in the air.