NINTENDO omg/wtf/ftw!

Holla (oh yes, so gansta :no: )

I just have to vent how giddy :laugh: I am over Nintendo's up-coming release of wii. Yes many people are anticipating the release and know, most likely, this will restore power to the first console brand I fell in love with. I stopped playing consoles after the downfall of nintendo, in my oppinion, with 64 and gamecube. They just did not have the replay value that previous consoles had. ANYWAY

I can not wait! Going to nerd out on Twilight Princess for a lifetime, skip work cry happy tears!! OMG *giddy laugh* I was wondering how many of you are as excited as I am on this release! Let me know your thoughts on the matter. This release will basically put me back into being a Console addict instead of PC.

- Letz me know what you thinks, if the same or not?

Or w/e :p

I'm not as excited as you are, But i'm going to be getting myself a Wii because i don't feel like spending around $1,200 to upgrade my system to handle windows vista..

So going console is alot cheaper then upgrading.

Absolutely nothing to get giddy about. It's $249.99 (assumed, Nintendo said it wouldn't cross this mark), for a gimmick controller on a system with roughly 1.5 times the horsepower a GameCube has. Definetly not worth $250...... but with that said, I'll probably buy one shortly after release.

With current status of the titles that Nintendo already has lined for release and the focus on gaming and not over priced features. This is exactly what gamers are looking for.

Quality, well priced (assuming), replay valued hardware.

Nintendo is doing the smart thing and not getting screwed up with the hardware/feature (stupid) race with Microsoft and Sony.

Sony and Mircosoft look pathetic, especially with the quoted prices of their systems and the under-deliver of what gamers want.... just not appealing.

I think it's gonna be cool. I am thinking about buying it but i hope that it isn't going to turn out like Gamcube.

Me too. :sleep:

Sony and Mircosoft look pathetic, especially with the quoted prices of their systems and the under-deliver of what gamers want.... just not appealing.

Wait, what? Microsoft looks pathetic? How do you figure? You do realize that Nintendo's cavalier attitute towards graphics technology won't last forever, right? They can't keep saying "We have great gameplay, but once again, our games don't look impressive".

Your words: "Under-deliver" of what gamers what, is a little off. Microsoft is delivering exactly what gamers want... Live Anywhere first of all (we all know Nintendo's track record as far as online gameplay goes :rofl:), and I don't know about you, but I do want Gears of War, HALO 3, Mass Effect, BioShock, and Huxley (this one I'm particularly excited about).

Heck, even Sony is delivering what gamers want, MGS4, FF, etc, just not at the price gamers want. :p

With current status of the titles that Nintendo already has lined for release and the focus on gaming and not over priced features. This is exactly what gamers are looking for.

It is over priced dude. You're basically paying for a controller. The same thing could have been done by simply creating an adapter for GameCube.

Edited by Iguana

As far as I am concerned, company perspectives at this given time for Sony and Microsoft are not well. Nintendos public perspective however, is on the rise. Fanboys from Sony and microsofts side are noticing this and just decide to flame. I am not saying that I never enjoyed a PS game... but as of right now I am very much so anticipating a solid, great graphics, machine.

On the topic of graphics, Nintendo has always delivered... to the standards they have always held. Not conforming to others, i.e: sonys or micro's... keeping their indiviuality. I see similar traits in those two consoles. IMO.

As far as I am concerned, company perspectives at this given time for Sony and Microsoft are not well. Nintendos public perspective however, is on the rise. Fanboys from Sony and microsofts side are noticing this and just decide to flame. I am not saying that I never enjoyed a PS game... but as of right now I am very much so anticipating a solid, great graphics, machine.

Where did you read that? On all the websites/news sources I've seen, Microsoft is starting to look increasingly awesome. Case in point, check out this IGN article.

Future Prospects

Microsoft's future looks tuned, shiny, and raring to go for 2006 on Xbox 360, but not for Xbox. Going into E3, I wouldn't have said that, but Microsoft really came through with tangible, substantial stuff on X360. The company is leading with great first-party software, it's made great partnerships with all of the major third-party publishers, including a substantial effort to get Japanese publishers onboard, and it's forging ahead with innovations in Xbox Live on Xbox 360, and Live Anywhere on PCs and mobile devices.

Heck, MS is doing so well infact that HALO 3 actually made the top 10 list in a recent Famitsu poll. :blink:

On the topic of graphics, Nintendo has always delivered... to the standards they have always held. Not conforming to others, i.e: sonys or micro's... keeping their indiviuality. I see similar traits in those two consoles. IMO.

Agreed, but, and this is relative from person to person, I would like to see some change between new consoles, not just a clean and polish act, which is what Nintendo has done this time. Wii just polishes NGC's graphics dude.... paying $250 for an accessory doesn't seem expensive to you? :(

It is over priced dude. You're basically paying for a controller. The same thing could have been done by simply creating an adapter for GameCube.

Compare the features and the cost.... blue ray dvd? Since when is that in demand? Nintendos feature actually seems like it will function and please consumers for the most part.

Compare the features and the cost.... blue ray dvd? Since when is that in demand? Nintendos feature actually seems like it will function and please consumers for the most part.

*psst*

Dunno if you have sigs and avatars disabled, but you are knocking Microsoft, in a ****ing contest with a person with a Masterchief sig and avatar. You'd have better luck discussing medieval history with a tree stump.

That being said...I'm buying a Wii when it comes out, and when Halo 3 comes out, I intend on picking up a 360 as well. Until then, I see no compelling reason to get one.

As far as Nintendo goes, it sales are up.. the only thing down is unit sold stats. Shares are starting to boom.

I do see your point about Halo, but the new Zelda game trumps it overall... it is 2nd in the e3 anticipation list.

Plus the addition of 7mil(something huge) units shipped worldwide later in the year. Nintendo is about to be huge... this buzz is proof enough. Backed up with Games like Zelda = win

Sooo... I dunno. Halo is like 6 or something

I am excited. And even $250 would be OK for me, I'd still get a Wii at launch.

Wii is much more than a nifty-looking Gamecube with a novelty controller. It's several times more powerful (nowhere near 1.5x), has full network support, comes with more than a hundred games from different platforms at launch (VC), a very strong launch lineup and lots of exclusives (for obvious technical reasons). I really can't stand that "Gamecube 1.5" or "Gamecube with gimmick controller" arguments anymore, because they are utterly wrong. Nintendo is well known for it's very efficient and high-quality hardware. Wii will be able to create outstanding visuals, it just needs a high-budget game to prove it. I'm sure a real (numbered) FF would look closer to FFXIII than to FFXII on Wii...

For Nintendo, creativity is being unleashed in a game in which a player can use a controller to conduct an orchestra.

*tears

The virtual console alone is the main reason why I want the thing. I've jumped through hoops in the past to get emulators and roms running on older consoles *cough*Dreamcast*cough, just so I could play the classics again on my TV. If I can do that legally, while playing new Nintendo titles, and still play my select Gamecube titles, all in a little machine less than the size of a DVD box set...I'm sold. That's not even taking into consideration a really new and innovative controller...all for ~$250. Not even a decision to make. I'm getting one.

I am just a excited as you are about thw Wii, if not more, and I'll get it at launch. However, I would not agree with your view on Microsoft. They are not looking bad at all, they have quite a couple 360's out, giving them a good advantage over the others, and have a strong lineup of games coming up not to mention the best online console model (miles ahead of NWFC). Sony, on the other hand, is the one that's starting to look bad, huge price, not so many great games (other than FFXII and MGS4), no rumble, etc.

I'm not as excited as you are, But i'm going to be getting myself a Wii because i don't feel like spending around $1,200 to upgrade my system to handle windows vista..

So going console is alot cheaper then upgrading.

I hope you were just trying to throw in a cheap vista diss in a nintendo console which makes no sense to begin with but i put together a 64bit system for under 700 canadian and it runs vista smooth as hell. so i doubt your 1200 is accurate.

I'm getting a Wii for Zelda and Smash Bros. Brawl.

Those two alone make it worth the sub $200 price.

Moved Here

I hear that! Smash Bro's and KYUUUTE Zelda keep me up at nights. I just wanna play soo badcore!

:rofl:

Absolutely nothing to get giddy about. It's $249.99 (assumed, Nintendo said it wouldn't cross this mark), for a gimmick controller on a system with roughly 1.5 times the horsepower a GameCube has. Definetly not worth $250...... but with that said, I'll probably buy one shortly after release.

So why not just go buy the most powerful computer you can find with a "classic" controller, since specs are all that matters?

I can't believe people still care about this over gameplay.

Wait, what? Microsoft looks pathetic? How do you figure? You do realize that Nintendo's cavalier attitute towards graphics technology won't last forever, right? They can't keep saying "We have great gameplay, but once again, our games don't look impressive".

They pretty much stated that the next console will be HD.

So why not just go buy the most powerful computer you can find with a "classic" controller, since specs are all that matters?

I can't believe people still care about this over gameplay.

I never said specs are all that matters. I said, I expect something more visually pleasing than what Wii is offering right now. Like I said before, I will still buy a Wii... but honestly, I'd rather Nintendo just made a motion controller adapter for GameCube, and sold that. :/

I never said specs are all that matters. I said, I expect something more visually pleasing than what Wii is offering right now. Like I said before, I will still buy a Wii... but honestly, I'd rather Nintendo just made a motion controller adapter for GameCube, and sold that. :/

An addon would have sold precisely not at all. They never do.

And the Wii is still more than the controller, you're not hearing us.