If it quacks like an alien ...

(SAN FRANCISCO, CA) - Has a duck swallowed an Alien fetus ?

As if crop circles weren't proof enough that extraterrestrials are among us, an alien has now been found in the stomach of a duck. :alien:

That, at least, is the conclusion reached by workers at the International Bird Rescue Research Center in Cordelia (Solano County) when they viewed an X-ray image they took of a sick mallard.

Right there, in the duck's ventriculus, or gizzard, is the shocking image of a grimacing, bald-headed being. How it got there, nobody knows, but when an autopsy was performed after the bird died of unrelated causes, the alien had mysteriously disappeared.

"We're a 35-year-old organization, and we've seen a lot of things -- bullets, fish hooks -- but this is the first time anything like this has shown up," said Jay Holcomb, executive director of the bird rescue center, which was founded in 1971 after an oil spill beneath the Golden Gate Bridge. "I don't know my aliens well, but it looks like one of those with the big eyes and the long fingers."

The drake in question arrived at the center Sunday with a broken wing. Workers do not know how the mallard was injured, but it was clearly weak and emaciated. In an effort to pinpoint the trouble, Maria Travers, the assistant rehabilitation manager, took a radiograph image of the bird. She was stunned by what she saw.

"Look at this," she shouted. "It's an alien head!"

post-37120-1148855726.jpg

Holcomb admitted the strange image could have been an odd arrangement of grain in the stomach, similar to the anomalous "Face on Mars" photographed by the Viking Lander when it orbited the Red Planet in 1976.

Ducks sometimes eat grain or even gravel and use it as a kind of internal grinding mechanism when they are digesting food, Holcomb explained. An autopsy Thursday revealed some grain in the bird's stomach, but nothing else out of the ordinary.

Still, it is hard to deny the clarity of the alien image. No long fingers can be seen, but the face certainly has prominent brows, a small button nose that is slightly askew and a scary grimace.

Unusual characteristics are commonly on display among male mallards during the spring mating season, according to Travers. Their testicles, for instance, grow to three times the size of their brains, but they have never been known to sprout an alien head, she said.

"The bird rescue center is the national leader in oiled-wildlife response management. Wildlife experts and center volunteers have traveled the world helping more than 150 species of wild birds, mammals, reptiles and amphibians, including many rare and endangered species, not just in oil spills, but after accidents, mass strandings and other life-threatening situations.

The nonprofit, which relies mostly on volunteers, struggles every year for the publicity and funding it needs to pay for its programs.

All of which may explain why the X-ray has caused such a stir at the center. One could not help but notice, given the apparent shock of the discovery, how quickly Holcomb and the center volunteers gathered themselves and put the image up for sale on eBay.

The one-of-a-kind X-ray, which measures 17 inches by 14 inches will be auctioned, along with a certificate of authenticity, starting Sunday, Holcomb said, with all the proceeds going to the rehabilitation center.

A T-shirt will also be put up for sale on CafePress.com, he admitted, embossed with the message, "In Space, No One Can Hear You Quack."

"The poor duck died, but maybe this will help other animals," Holcomb said.

It will not be the first time the center has used its unique work to make money. A pelican-adoption program was recently started in which volunteers get a certificate and are allowed to release a rehabilitated pelican for a $500 fee. An adopt-a-duckling program has also been instituted, charging $25 a bird.

The intelligent-being question has come up before in the Cordelia area, most notably when crop circles were discovered twice in the past three years on wheat fields near the rescue center.

"I don't think they found the aliens then," Holcomb said, "or else we would have seen it in the local paper."

Holcomb said it is important for workers at the center to maintain a sense of humor because the work can often be depressing. Besides the death of the alienated duck, he said, everybody was devastated recently when a great blue heron had to be euthanized after it was found suffering from a bullet wound.

Since the birds can't talk, he said, maybe an X-ray image, an alien and a bit of imagination can talk for them.

"People might think we're quacks," Holcomb admitted, pun apparently intended, "but maybe this is a message to the world that's coming through the duck, and we're just sharing it."

source

Where? I dont see it?! WHere is it? What? WHAT? WHEREEE?

All i see is this blue blob...

Perhaps it was a mutated duckling.

And if it WAS real, man, that sounds lot like Xfiles EP2. But Nah.

The head looks like it was photoshopped in but there does look like there's 2 bone structures there(at least to me). If it is real, the thing seems to be upside down in the duck. Since they put it up on ebay for sale so quick and in the article it saying they are a not for profit group who struggles to pay for things, I cant help but think it's fake.

:huh: The original photo was not colorized -- I added some color to outline the head.

post-37120-1148858534.jpg

I don't really see why they would hoax the head photo.

I wonder if the cut the stomach open to retreive the object. Add it's very odd that it 'disappeared'.

:huh: The original photo was not colorized -- I added some color to outline the head.

post-37120-1148858534.jpg

I don't really see why they would hoax the head photo.

I wonder if the cut the stomach open to retreive the object. Add it's very odd that it 'disappeared'.

Anyone else think it looks alot like "The Thing"s head from fantasic four, and i mean the cartoon now, lol

Anyone else think it looks alot like "The Thing"s head from fantasic four, and i mean the cartoon now, lol

Exactly.

Probably exposed to too much cosmic rays.

This is about as retarded as hispanics finding the Virgin Mary or Jesus in trees, leaves, and foods.

(I am part hispanic for those of you that wish to flame me for my comment.)

if the duck died why didn't they open him up and see what this is??

They did.

Right there, in the duck's ventriculus, or gizzard, is the shocking image of a grimacing, bald-headed being. How it got there, nobody knows, but when an autopsy was performed after the bird died of unrelated causes, the alien had mysteriously disappeared.

How does an alien mysteriously disappear? :blink:

rotfl mysteriously dissapeared... it didnt dissapear because it was never there :)

It's amazing how people see faces in everything. I didn't see it until I knew where to look. It could be literally anything, and the fact that it disappeared before they did an autopsy probably means that it was just taken at a funny angle.

wait, if xrays are black and white, why is it colored?
I colorized a bit to outline the 'head'.

Alien Martian Duck X Ray on e-Bay

Current bid:US $4,050.00 :woot: :woot: :woot:

Funds from this NO RESERVE/SEVEN DAY auction will go to the International Bird Rescue and Research Center of California to support it's wildlife rehabilitation programs.

eBay