Advertising banner needed!

Question

The contest is now over. Congratulations to everyone who became a winner. Please also keep in mind that if you weren't choosen this time as a winner, there's always next time. I'm always in the need of something graphics-oriented. Keep checking back in this subforum as I post differernt contests in which neowinians can win free hosting.

In total there were 5 winners, in order of appearence.

1st Place: CodeRed

http://img344.imageshack.us/img344/7011/xmshostingad2oy.swf

2nd Place: mail

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8753/oddcrap1xb.swf

3rd Place: pepo

untid18uv.png

4th Place: blackima

http://blackima.com/files/banner15.swf

http://blackima.com/files/banner3.swf

5th Place: D. V

xms-final.png

I'll be contacting the winners via PM. Thank you.

Edited by oddcrap

I would have to say, turn off that #1 stamp, it's very annoying. The rest, keep.

It gives the add attention, what is the point of having a add that doesnt draw attention?

I would say Blackima's if your target audience is people who are not experienced with hosting and computers etc.

And mail's one for proffesionals.

I prefer blackima's one without the blurry lines.

For pepo's one, geeze man tone down the blurs and sort out the colours.

Different types of monitors, and brightness levels may not even be able to read it.

untid15el.png

I looked it up on three different monitors, two CRTs and one LCD, was able to read al of em decently...you guys must have your contrast/brightness up to crazy levels?!

There's almost no glow to this one.^

Edited by pepo

Well, for me it is a bit hard to read. I like the concept...just it's hard to read. And, this is viewing it with the auto-adjust feature on my monitor.

Hello guys!

We're in the need of a 468 x 60 (or somewhere along those lines) advertising banner! The winner of the banner/banners chosen will get a year's life's worth of our "Small" plan located at; http://www.xmshosting.net/Services/. We do not care what colors you choose, it just need to look good :) Flash isn't required, but it's recommended. Perhaps you can incorporate some of our plans, or a catch phrase?

There will be 43 winners choosen.

The contest officially ends on:

Sunday, June 2nd 2006

Might want to add a space or somthing between teh 4 and the 3... I read 43 and was like WTF!!!!!!! :laugh:

Oh, and btw, Sunday June 2nd was a friday :p

Pepo: I have a wallpaper showing a black horizon (seems to be a field) with an orangey sky in the background (sun is setting) and in the bottom right it says "designed by [pepo]"

Did you make it?

oh, and back on topic, oddcrap: are you going to be giving feedback before announcing results so we can make last minute changes or just announce them?

All submissions should be in, if there not in my now.. it's too late. My next post will be the final recommendations (for the already submitted banners).

FINAL TWEAKING POST...

Anything I say here to your banner, please change it. If I say it's ok, nothing needs to be changed just leave it.

Looks great as far as I can see, if you have any other tweaks make them now.

Well here is a finished product. Colors can be changed on every part of it. A few tweaks here and there might apply, but no big changes.

untid16iw.png

untid126sx.png

Looks good, a little lighter on the eyes.

Heh, thanks a lot for the the positive feedback, guys, appreciate it :)

PrimoTurbo: ok, made the lines more "blurry":

http://blackima.com/files/banner4.swf

Mail: to be honest I don't know how long it took. I usually just put on some music and start work. Get completly lost in the work sometimes :p

Factoid: thanks, I really like yours too. I was going to try something similar to yours, but you pulled it off a lot better than I would have :)

Lifes Lemon: really liked the lock idea, but to be honest, adding rivets was just so much easier, lol (thnx ShadowdogMU)

And sachleen: heh, don't worry bout it ;)

That's awesome, nothing there needs to be changed! Way to go!

untid15el.png

I looked it up on three different monitors, two CRTs and one LCD, was able to read al of em decently...you guys must have your contrast/brightness up to crazy levels?!

There's almost no glow to this one.^

Pepo, very nice.

Here is another idea I was just kinda messing around with...I ended up really liking it though.

http://www.mreggsalad.net/xfrog/xmshosting2.swf

Can you make it sound more professional?

Can you make it sound more professional?

Yeah sure, I'll go do that, expect them in 1 - 2 hours ok? What I used there was kinda just a silly idea, but I'll go make it more professional and stuff since it turned out nicely.

Yeah sure, I'll go do that, expect them in 1 - 2 hours ok? What I used there was kinda just a silly idea, but I'll go make it more professional and stuff since it turned out nicely.

All submissions must be in by 8pm EST. But, I've been having HDD and DVD burner problems the last few days and haven't been able to comment, It's possible I'll extend it another hour.

Pepo: I have a wallpaper showing a black horizon (seems to be a field) with an orangey sky in the background (sun is setting) and in the bottom right it says "designed by [pepo]"

Did you make it?

Most likely, if you click on my sig, it'll lead to my devART page, go to my gallery and see if what you're talking about is there, also if you liked that wallpaper you're talking aobut I have a few similar ones there aswell. :)

FINAL TWEAKING POST...

Looks good, a little lighter on the eyes.

Pepo, very nice.

So did you like the first design better than the second, I can actually make something similar between the two, without all the glow like on the second one. But I guess it doens't matter I 'm alil busy tonight.

Edited by pepo

Most likely, if you click on my sig, it'll lead to my devART page, go to my gallery and see if what you're talking about is there, also if you liked that wallpaper you're talking aobut I have a few similar ones there aswell. :)

haha! That's amazing! I've ahd that wallpaper as my secondary monitor since the start of the new year! (yours is the one on the left)

post-60327-1149464919.jpg

In that case, thanks for the wallpaper :D

Anyways, sorry for hijacking the thread. back on topic:

oddcrap: I've noticed you haven't mentioned a number of submissions like sachleen's, factoid's, (my first one :p), does that mean they aren't being considered or you jsut didnt have anything to say about em?

Anyways, it's almost 1am GMT, so I don't know if that's 8pm or 7pm EST. either way, good luck guys!

[offtipic]^ If you have dual display, I just made one for dual display, also available for singel dispaly, with a sunset on a lake, it's the very latest deviation my page. :)[/offtopic]

haha! That's amazing! I've ahd that wallpaper as my secondary monitor since the start of the new year! (yours is the one on the left)

post-60327-1149464919.jpg

In that case, thanks for the wallpaper :D

Anyways, sorry for hijacking the thread. back on topic:

oddcrap: I've noticed you haven't mentioned a number of submissions like sachleen's, factoid's, (my first one :p), does that mean they aren't being considered or you jsut didnt have anything to say about em?

Anyways, it's almost 1am GMT, so I don't know if that's 8pm or 7pm EST. either way, good luck guys!

I've noticed them, nothing needs changing. It's 8:20 now, contest is over at 9 the latest.

i hope im still counted even tho im posting this late because ive posted earlier in the thread but apparently, i was missed.

xms-final.png

Edited by D.V

hey oddcrap - you didnt mention mine! does that mean that I am no longer in the running?

*slits wrists*

tidE: just read the post above that you made:

*bandages wrists up*

hey oddcrap - you didnt mention mine! does that mean that I am no longer in the running?

lol, don't worry :)

Blackima: "I've noticed you haven't mentioned a number of submissions like sachleen's, factoid's, (my first one tongue.gif), does that mean they aren't being considered or you jsut didnt have anything to say about em?"

Oddcrap:"I've noticed them, nothing needs changing."

[edit] ah, nvm, you've seen it :)

lol, don't worry

Blackima: "I've noticed you haven't mentioned a number of submissions like sachleen's, factoid's, (my first one tongue.gif), does that mean they aren't being considered or you jsut didnt have anything to say about em?"

Oddcrap:"I've noticed them, nothing needs changing."

read teh tidE: :p

Edit: oh I guess you did.

darn. i didnt win.

I didnt even get a suggestion as to how I could improve... makes me feel like I was forgotten... :/

:p congrats to all who won... :yes:

darn. i didnt win.

I didnt even get a suggestion as to how I could improve... makes me feel like I was forgotten... :/

Sorry, factoid.

For what it's worth yours and code red's were my favourites